Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"If the Democrats uphold the law, the Republicans will act in bad faith" might be the most meaningless threat of all time.
    1. The Republicans were going to act in bad faith anyway.
    2. Even if the weren't, you can't allow yourself to be threatened out of upholding the Constitution.

2. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It feels like it’s high time for one of those caravans to show up.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

252742FD-3146-40FE-9BF4-F8B5C20BA338.jpeg

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, stop saying this because it isn't true. There is at least an entire political party who cares very much about this. Probably some independents too.

Oh, I don't know. Just the commander in chief of the US Armed Forces gave the middle finger to the only non Jewish group of people in the Middle East that doesn't actively hate our guts. Or the guy in charge of the nuclear football threatens countries on fucking Twitter. Or normalizes white supremacist views which lead to domestic terrorist attacks on American citizens.

But it's all just melodramatic bullshit, right?

7. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Harris campaign staffers now want her campaign manager to step down and are talking to the media about how her campaign is a mess. What did you expect when you signed on with her? Hopefully she drops out by the end of the month.

Kneecapping her campaign was the one good thing to come out of the Gabbard campaign. Otherwise it just reminded me how stupid and how easy to manipulate democrat voters are now. She's a Russian white supremacist icon! It's so suspicious!

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea it’s the Democrat voters who are easy to manipulate. Something about war on Christmas, abortion, evil brown people, “they want to cancel your second amendment”, “WE SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS HERE”, the national anthem fight, BLUE LIVES MATTER, anything about gay people, and all these other made up bullshit things to manipulate conservative voters into thinking they are under attack. But our concern for free and fair elections is us being manipulated.

Manipulating people in the south based on their overall lack of education has literally been the playbook for conservatives forever. Even when the political parties were reversed way back in the day.

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Never said republican voters weren't either. You guys are fucking adorable with this good/bad dichotomy you so badly want to believe.

They were told Gabbard was a white supremacist leader and a lot of them believed it. Because they're fucking retarded. FFS she's not even white.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Time Out.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Upon reflection, I think this marks the end of this thread and politics on the board.

Given all of the stuff that is going on, there is a serious opportunity for some interesting discussion, but all that happens is that people devolve into name calling.

On one hand, I'm disappointed... on the other, I'm not surprised.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Now that impeachment is a thing, Im going to open this backup. But if there is any of the usual bickering instead of a discussion held by "normal" people, this thread is done for good and theres no telling what Nett might do to the participants on top of that. So behave yourselves, act like adults, and proceed with caution.

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tulsi Gabbard voting "present" is exactly one of those things that makes people so suspicious of her. She claims Trump was guilty, but that impeaching him was partisan. What else were the Democrats supposed to do if he is guilty of impeachable crimes? Either say he's guilty and vote yes, or say he's not guilty and vote no. She's triangulating very weird positions for unexplained reasons.

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because it is partisan. The democrats just did the same thing twice. It is beyond hypocritical to clutch their pearls like this because now Trump did it.
    So please, explain why it was ok last year, and the year before that, but now it's so horrible.
    Between this, Kavanaugh, and Russia I am aghast at what the party has acted like these past 4 years.

I don't agree with what Trump did at all, but they should at least try to convey some semblance of consistency. Either it's a big deal or it isn't.
    It can't only be a problem when a republican does it.

Gabbard is 100% correct here, and her not being a blind partisan like 90% of the party is one of the things I like about her.

15. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

“Present” is exactly on brand for Gabbard.

Its also why she’s a garbage candidate and doesn’t represent anything but noise. It’s either wrong, and should be treated like it’s wrong, or it isn’t.

16. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

“I am standing in the center and have decided to vote Present. I could not in good conscience vote against impeachment because I believe President Trump is guilty of wrongdoing. I also could not in good conscience vote for impeachment because removal of a sitting President must not be the culmination of a partisan process, fueled by tribal animosities that have so gravely divided our country,” Gabbard said.

17. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not picking a fight, I don't care enough about politics to argue. Just honestly curious.

What makes Gabbard a bad candidate? At a minimum, she seems brave. She is not stupid. Served in the military? What is it that makes her "garbage"?

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

She has taken the bellwether approach on many issues, and has changed her stance which makes her seem not quite genuine. I like her and shes certainly taking the centrist angle, but Im not sure how thats going to play longterm. I dont think the Democrats want a centrist, which is only evident in polling, so who knows?

19. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

There is absolutely no chance that the DNC gives Gabbard any chance to win....she doesn't do what they tell her. However, it is refreshing to see ANYONE in politics not just roll over for the money.

I haven't been watching long enough to see the stance changes, thanks for that Juice. That does have impact.

20. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Standing in the center means never taking a stand, playing both sides, and just saying something that sounds nice to both sides.

military service doesn’t mean anything to me as a reflection of a person’s character, but white nationalists, conspiracy theorists, and evangelicals loving her is certainly a flag.