Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Is it though? Not trying to be glib or continue beating a dead horse as Im legitimately interested here, but the texts states explicitly that it applies to complaints made to the Office of Special Counsel. This complaint was made directly to the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, unless Im mistaken.

2. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Didn't it end up in the hands of the Inspector General eventually? Now I'm confused and won't have a chance to look again till later - here's the quickest article I could find but I can't follow links and dive further till later: https://www.npr.org/2019/11/06/7764...ower-experts-say-it-would-not-violate-any-law

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah Im not sure either at this point. There are so many moving parts its becoming difficult to who said what, to whom, when and why.

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They put Jim Jordan on the House Intelligence Committee, where he has zero experience or expertise, just to ratfuck the impeachment investigation, on the same day that he was named in another lawsuit that said he covered up sex abuse at Ohio State. This is not a serious political party.

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it was just the utter infatuation the Dems had with Obama. Not too many politicians could give a speech that way. Bill Clinton had charisma an easily bested Dole. Also, times are different. Before social media, we only got to see them on the news and in the paper. Now we are completely inundated with no respite. Every little thing is a thing now.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Something, something... Democrats fall in love... Republicans fall in line.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have not found this to be true. Both sides are highly emotion driven, but I would argue that right-wing ideology is more fear and hatred driven, which does not require you feel any particular positive feelings toward your own candidate, just to hate and fear the opposition. This is why they show up every time; the "enemy" never changes.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

The sad reality is that faced with these facts, a lot of people are going to blame the courts and say everyone's out to get trump and all these conspiracy theories, rather than face the fact he's being fined a relatively low amount for running his charity as a political slush fund.

Trump has made people go full-retard.

9. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed. All you have to do to know this is true is spend 5 minutes browsing /r/the_donald. Actually, an even more clear cut example is to watch Infowars. I've never seen a more rational and logical explanation of policy than when Donald Trump was interviewed by Alex Jones.

10. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This person is being sarcastic, right? Right, everyone? u/Gravy is a sarcastic and funny fucker and they're taking the piss, they're cracking wise, yes? Please tell me this is a case of the ol' "oops I forgot the /s" here?

Fuck. I hate living in a world where this could legitimately be a serious comment.

11. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The board knows I'm being sarcastic, but they wouldn't say I'm funny.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

“Could”? He’s of course being sarcastic, but you live in a world where it is a serious comment to many. Go on twitter or YouTube and find out.

13. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I only have to drive 10 minutes in any direction from where I'm sitting.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

On the bright side Kentucky is beautiful.

15. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

And of course there's the bourbon. I nearly drank all of it 3 years ago this past Tuesday.

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hillary would have exactly a 0% chance if she entered. I actually feel like the democrats had a pretty strong field this time around. Who on the left wasn't able to a find a candidate they like? Whether they nominate a good candidate is a separate question, but it's a better field of candidates than I can remember seeing, pretty much ever.

I don't get why they didn't open the impeachment inquiry on this. Is there some legal reason I'm not aware of? They're currently sitting around debating whether or not the Ukraine probe will hurt, or help Trump. The democrats are so terrible at picking their battles it's staggering.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Iran just announced they found an oil well with over fifty billion barrels of crude. Are they actually trying to get invaded by you guys?

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

*freedom boner intensifies*

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yes he’s still alive. And still a very fair, logical and wise man. The first Soviet to win over America without the use of ballet.

20. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Sandy Hook parents can sue Remington now.

I’m all for holding companies responsible but this is stupid. If anything, the dealers are liable.

It’s like the victims of the Vegas shooting suing the hotel. What could the hotel have done to prevent this?

If courts are going to hold someone liable, there should be reasonable actions provided to prevent it from happening again. Everything else is just a cash grab.