Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

You mean, exactly how it should be going?

I mean, aside from the whole “performing whistleblower interviews in secret and leaking cherry-picked information to the public,” thing.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Republicans not caring one single bit whether the President did something wrong is not "exactly how it should be going."

You don't actually believe this.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Raising doubt is not the same as not caring, that’s how every criminal proceeding goes. Just because many Democrats want it to be a kangaroo court, doesn’t mean it should be.

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They're not raising legitimate doubts. They're raising things like "I refuse to read the transcripts" and "Let us leak the name of the whistleblower so our base can send them death threats."

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Jeff Sessions announced he is going to run for the senate in Alabama.

Also, the rodger stone trial is about to start and steve bannon has already agreed to testify against him. This should be highly entertaining.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Which transcript- the real one or the one Adam Schiff made up for the opening statement on the impeachment proceedings because he’s sad he failed at screenwriting early in his career? And who exactly are you quoting?

I cant speculate on what you consider legitimate doubt, but it’s not up to the Republicans to disprove anything. And selective leaking of whistleblower statements is exactly what has happened. There’s nothing that affords whistleblowers anonymity other than vague ties to a law from the 70s that were designed for something completely different.

7. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Right, and the democrats don't care one single bit when other democrats do this kind of thing either, do they? I'm still waiting to hear why exactly it is ok for several prominent democrats to do what Trump did, but when he does it everyone is acting like it's the worst thing a politician has ever done.

I really can't get this out of my mind every time I hear someone complain about how the left is held to different standards.

There's a good chance Trump is guilty. It could be argued it is an impeachable offense, but how the fuck am I supposed to take them seriously when they did this last year and the year before that and now they're bellowing out all this melodrama? How do you guys take them seriously? Is this that "nothing matters anymore" that you're always talking about?

Oh, and Taylor also testified he never heard any of the quid pro quo stuff from Trump. You left that part out, of course. It's an important testimony, but republicans aren't crazy to raise doubt. My guess is Trump did what he is accused of, but never said so directly, which means that it will be hard to prove, but also that the democrats can easily drag this out until we are near election, which is the whole point anyway.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

About Biden though, I don't see why you guys wouldn't want him investigated. For one it's really hard to believe he never abused his office with his family members getting these ridiculous deals and board positions that have no explanation or discernible purpose other than buying up Biden's political influence. I don't know about the Shokin situation specifically, but you have to be so, so fucking naive to think there was no wrongdoing in what is a very lengthy checkered history of selling the Biden name.

Moreover, an investigation into his checkered past could knock him out of the running for POTUS. None of you want him as president. He has nothing to offer other than not being Trump.

The competing candidates should be hammering him over this, but because Trump made an accusation it has to be wrong. He's not as bad as Hillary, but he has a lot of the same problems. The democrat voters claim to care about electability above all else, and are still making the same mistakes. Sigh.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Nepotism goes with high-ranking politics in the USA like honey to toast. Trump is doing it, back to when JFK made his brother the AG while he was barely qualified enough to be an actor on “Divorce Court”.

Until your country ACTUALLY starts enforcing this so-called law nobody has the right to bitch about anything. Don’t worry, though— if Biden somehow wins the primary, Trump’s crew will use this against them in between figuring out how to kill whistleblowers.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

OUR country, huh? Remind us, who was Justin Trudeau's father again?

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Pierre Trudeau. He fucked Kim Cattrall, made our school teach Canadian history and Reagan hated him. He was great. I am not thrilled about Justin. We could have worse, and we do in the form of Rob Fords brother Doug, who is a silver spoon high school dropout and a fat, cackling criminal who will hopefully join his brother soon. It’s disappointing that Canada has been stooping to this sort of narrow-minded voting, but they have none the less. But they did get ELECTED, daddy didn’t just shoehorn them this job like with Trump’s. Well, Bush may have.

It’s world-wide. Humans in general are addicted to dynasties in my opinion. And monarchies, as childish as that is. And it’s a poisonous mix, because all forms of power corrupt. Look at the fucking Clintons: they lost. Take your hundreds of millions of dollars, your ball, and him home right? Wrong. They are never going away. They’ll Shoehorn their hideous daughter into politics, and any kids she shits out will be running for president some day too. Why? Why is a family of carpet baggers from Lower Asscrackylvania the ONE AND ONLY clan to run your entire country? Why can’t they just let it the fuck go? Once you have been to the top, you just have to stay there or the rats turn on you I guess.

Politics suck.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I would say that nepotism is slightly different than name recognition... it's not like Pierre is either alive or appointing Justin to any positions of authority in government.

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fidel Castro.
    [​IMG]

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh please with that old gag. Everyone knows he has his dad’s good looks.
    4BB05C3F-CA4D-439E-8BBC-D54FACE11294.jpeg

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The transcripts of the closed door testimonies that have been released publicly (wow, what a radically secret process), which Lindsey Graham has declared he will not read because they actually prove the quid pro quo he had earlier said he needed to see proved. As for the whistleblower, Rand Paul has called for him to be named, Trump Jr has tweeted what he believes the identity to be, and there are other clamoring for it as well. The only purpose of which is to smear him on Fox News and intimidate him with the death threats from the base that they know will follow.

16. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I hope Trump has two million real dollars to cover the fine for his fake charity. It’s funny: he know simply shows his colours as the scum I knew him as my entire life, and people are currently brushing THIS off. A LOT of people double-fisted the Kool-Aid on this retard.

19. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You're absolutely right, and I'll give you another one: I pointed you to the whistleblower act of 1989 instead of the 1998 law which is far more applicable to this situation.
    That'll teach me not to do a drive-by scolding.

20. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it going to be Warren?

Is Medicare for all and her plan to pay for it acceptable to the board members who are economically literate?