Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    In the last year or so I've started watching them more often. I still ignore their political sketches, which I can never stand. They seem to have hired some decent writers lately, I've been seeing more and more funny sketches with the absurdist humor xray was talking about. Kate McKinnon used to annoy me, but she seems to have found her groove. Check out her alien abduction sketches. If you don't think that's funny then there's something wrong with you.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Heidi Gardner and Melissa Villasenor are outstanding, and the Weekend Update guys (Michael Che, Colin Jost) are consistently funny. I guess it really is just a matter of taste, because imo the political humor is absolutely on point. That being said, I was never really one for the Chris Farley/Chevy Chase-style slapstick, so it's probably more in my lane right now. Their cold opens about Trump have my wife and I wetting our pants laughing.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The last truly funny cast member was probably Bill Hader. I don’t even think Tina Fey was that funny. The Alec Baldwin Trump thing is so incredibly fucked to death at this point. Weekend Update turned into 5-10 minutes of copying The Daily Show with people (somehow) less funny than Trevor Noah.

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So after realizing that buying an Ambassadorship for $1 million just to be prosecuted for perjury would make him the dumbest motherfucker in politics, Gordon Sondland "remembered" things he had left out of his earlier testimony and confirmed that quid pro quo that other witnesses had testified to. He confirmed that he personally delivered the threat of withholding aid to the Ukrainians.

As always, Trump is guilty.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

And just to be clear, Sondland is the guy Trump used as the one sole example/proof that there WASN’T a quid pro quo. Which Sondland just officially admitted that there was.

6. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Manufacturing has been down the past two quarters. Ladies and gentlemen, we’re in a recession. Wait for the domino effect to start early 2020.

Trump is right about one thing- if a Democrat is elected the market will crash. Hell, it’ll crash with him as well, maybe not so quickly.

I wonder if he really wants reelection. Think about it- he could go out “on top” in this election, blame his loss on a witch hunt, and finish it up with “I told you so” when the market crashes under Warren, or whomever.

If the left does win, they get to spend the next 4 years being the bad guy and telling our citizens “Yes, you have to have an EPA, worker rights, etc.“. Then on to the international apology tour, reforming alliances and trade agreements. Meanwhile our market crashes as we all come back to reality.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

That sector is in a recession, the overall economy is not. Unless the usual indicators dramatically shift in the next quarter, and in a far more dramatic fashion than the last one, any recession will be mild if one occurs at all. The Feds are already planning 4 incremental interest rate cuts next year.

8. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
  9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kentucky just elected a democratic governor. That’s a bfd.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

trump twitter melt down in 5....4....

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No he’s just going to shit on the loser for insufficient kissing of the rings. On Twitter.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

looking like Mississippi is about to go blue as well. Damn. I didn't think they could spell "democrat" in MS. Maybe just "left"?

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven’t seen the results from there yet. But if that’s true, they better dump the dipshit if they hope to see any success next year. Off year elections typically go red and that’s not happening. In major elections where turnout is much higher, the results could be even worse for them.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I guess I typed too soon. Kentucky thing is confirmed though. This is absolutely insane. Maybe it's like brexit where they voted for one thing but don't really know what it means? Gonna be some very awkward dinner conversations.

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe? I think it’s possible we wrote off southerners too quickly. Maybe they are gettable votes. I also think they are seeing vital industries going down the toilet that they were promised a resurgence on. Kentucky is a beautiful place with good people. I used to live there. They’d be well served to vote the turtle out.

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think Kentucky says a terrible amount. It's still a deep-red state, Bevin was just that shitty and unpopular a governor.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He wouldn’t have lost if he just worn a red hat.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah. Its basically the same as when Massachusetts elected a Republican Senator because the Democratic candidate was miserably unlikeable and then turned around and elected Elizabeth Warren right after.

Also can this Tom Steyer nerd go away already? No one cares.

19. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To nobody's surprise, Virginia went blue after their gerrymandered districts were struck down because they were drawn based on race. Considering SCOTUS allows partisan gerrymandering, it'll be interesting to see if Virginia's legislature decides to redraw their districts or not.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Democrats are literally r/explainlikeimfive-ing the Congressional record because they know the Republicans will cling to literally any scintilla of doubt, no matter how absurd or bad faith.