Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Beto is out.

Kamala’s campaign is on its last legs as she shut down her New Hampshire campaign offices and laid off its staff.

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What's he going to do now?
    He resigned as congressman, right?

I actually liked him when he was running for senate, but now he seems really two-faced for giving Ted Cruz shit about neglecting his job as senator so he could campaign for president in 2016.

That, and he completely lost his mind on the whole gun control issue.

3. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope they had a film crew making a doc about her campaign. It'd be studied on how political advisors aren't worth shit. I don't know how someone with such a fierce personality could be beat by human 2x4 Elizabeth friggen Warren.

5. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Substance beats personality.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Remind me again who the president is.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Where?

8. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Remind me again how people never learn from their mistakes?

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They don't. We might do the right thing from time to time but so far our record from learning from our mistakes isn't great.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

TIME has a great article tracking Giuliani's journey from face of 9/11 recovery to face of potential impeachment.

Surprised this thread has been quiet about the impeachment stuff. Do y'all think it's a big nothingburger or more of a wait-and-see thing at this point?

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's going to be impeached in the House and then acquitted in the Senate. It's basically a foregone conclusion.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's hypocritical political theater aimed at helping their 2020 candidates. It might have been bothersome that it will stunt congress from getting any work done, but that was never going to happen over the next year anyway.

I don't feel like impeachment in the house is a given yet (0% chance in the senate of course). It'll probably be a really close vote, and I don't see Pelosi pushing to cast it any time too soon.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m sorry, what the fuck did he do for 9/11 except be mayor at the time it happened and wear a lot of FDNY baseball caps?

This fucking cocksucker personally organized a cop riot to prevent any civilian oversight comittee whatsoever from happening in New York City. Thousands of drunken, NYPD sociopaths members stormed through town vandalizing property and pointing guns in peoples faces who tried to interfere. Look it up if you don’t believe me. While mayor, he “solved” and “cleaned up” the homeless crisis by making it criminal to be homeless. Don’t have a home? Enjoy prison! Meanwhile, the NYPD chief of police at this time was the most corrupt the city had seen in over 100 years, and as your article states— he and Giuliani are still close personal friends.

And to say New York recovered while he was mayor.... besides leaving the WTC as two big smoking holes for over half a decade, the entire country— world even— has yet to recover from 9/11. The paranoia and stupidity still echoes loudly. But especially America. Unless I’m suddenly now again allowed to bring a normal-sized bottle of shampoo on a fucking airplane.

Guliani is the most embarrassing face of your country next to the president. Lots of people swept up in that commercialized patriotism that occurred sure seemed to think that Giuliani was a hero at the time, as wrong as that was.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I just said he was the face of it, or one of the faces of it. Didn't say it was the right thing or that he was a good dude.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s not you, it’s the article. Putting his smarmy face in a light of praise in any way is nothing short of cretinous. It is beyond me how such a charmless asshole pulled the wool over so many people’s eyes.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

So you're in agreement with me then that SNL isn't doing a parody of him as much as an accurate portrayal?

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I am not watching SNL anymore. I’m on a quest to have less politics in my media. In a world where Cancel Culture prudes keep driving people out of comedy, SNL “keeps it tasteful” by having no less than a minimal THREE political agenda skits each week. I have never seen Baldwin play Trump even once, Lorne Michaels and the entire cast can go fuck themselves.

18. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

SNL seems to be the funniest when they do more absurdist humor. Rather than on-the-nose political commentary. I know they’ve always done political stuff, but it’s so tired at this point. I haven’t seen anything creative come out of there in years. Sometimes a host is more talented than other hosts. A sketch can produce a giggle here and there, but the last time I laughed was at Stefan.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think the Jim Carrey Lincoln commercial was the last time I laughed. Or watched.

For the past two decades, they have had one or two people barely keeping them alive. Andy Samberg’s Digital Shorts were the only (and final) reason they shouldn’t have been cancelled ten years ago. Now there’s no excuse for the show to still exist. The jokes are tired and and unfunny and the cast sucks.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't watch them anymore for the same reason. A lot of the time it seems like they aren't even trying to be funny. One of the last ones I saw was some "Ivanka is complicit" skit. I don't get what the joke for sketches like this is even supposed to be. Ok, so you hate her... that's not funny by itself.

SNL had their moments during the campaign, but they are way more into masturbating people that hate 'those people' than they are into actually being funny. Pretty much sums up late night comedy now.