Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Wait... is that actually a crime?? And if so..... AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I couldn't help but notice that no one has weighed in on the Odessa shooting this weekend.

Do y'all think that these kind of shootings eventually become so common that not only do people stop paying attention to them, but that people actually stop perpetrating them because they will receive no notoriety?
    I mean, ultimately they end up as suicides or death-by-cop.
    So if the dingbats realize that they won't go down in the history books, maybe they'll just kill themselves, or improve their life situation?

3. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think thats already happened. There are dozens of examples of mass shootings (how many people does it take to qualify??) in places like Chicago and Baltimore that barely make the local news.

I doubt this kind of thing will stop happening as long as there are millons of guns, shitty mental health, and villification of our own citizens.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I think you're basically correct. If you remove the attention they grave, this shit will stop dead in its tracks. Whether that comes about through people just not caring about these type things anymore, or a conscious effort like the Odessa police not wanting to say the fucker's name.... it doesn't really matter to me.

Unfortunately that's easier said than done though, especially with a media that craves these kinds of stories.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Guys, he's still tweeting about Alabama. He also pressured the NOAA to lie for him (the link they include was the probability of seeing more than 1 minute of sustained 40 mph winds. The real link to the "hurricane cone" is here, and never touches Alabama). Also worth noting that his original tweet about Alabama came ~8 AM on Sep 1, at which point the wind chart barely clipped the corner of Alabama with the 5% probability zone, and the hurricane cone was clearly pointed up the Atlantic seaboard and wasn't going to hit most of Georgia and all of western Florida, much less Alabama.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Even irrefutable scientific evidence can’t prove him wrong. He’s that stable.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

ThinkProgress has shutdown.

No real loss here, its articles were clickbait garbage masking at pseudo-journalism. Not much better than Gawker.

9. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
  10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

74A628E3-75DB-4146-92BA-EA76B238FD85.jpeg
    Why does he stand like this?

11. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

One step closer to Alabama

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

His knees are locked so straight and he looks like he’s leaning over. Is this a balance issue?

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Honestly my first thought was he probably read in a business book somewhere that this posture helped his “presence” or some shit.

Kinda like that thanos chick that made her voice deep.

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I have noticed a lot of articles and pictures commenting on his stance. Is this a new stance or has he always been doing it? My first thought that it was something that translated to how he appears on video. Everything about how he presents himself is about hype and TV persona. He's been doing it so long, he doesn't know how to do anything else.

If the stance is health-related, my first thought was that he has a back problem. I know I have stood pretty fucked up and funny looking when my back is messed up. We need to see a video of him walking and see how that goes.

Given Trump's low tolerance to anything difficult, I doubt he is working through the pain to stand like that. I think it is a learned behavior.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He seems to always stand like this.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

It must be related to his on air appearance then. I have noticed other pictures where his children are standing in a similar way, just not quite as exaggerated. Mostly his male children, I have not notice Ivanka standing as much like that. I wonder if it has to do with making him look taller or with a smaller gut or something?

ETA: looked up some article since I was curious, one article suggested that he is wearing around 2" lifts in his shoes which accentuate the pose and his obesity.

18. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

None of them know how to stand for a picture. But the way he leans over like that makes me think he has a balance problem. I mean, I know he’s going through a cognitive decline quite publicly, but I don’t know if posture and gait have anything to do with that.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I would have to dig a bit to find this one. I did read some article a long time ago, early in his presidency, commenting on possible balance problems. One example used in the article I read described and showed a video clip of the way he ascended stairs. He had to grab onto the arm of the woman he was with, some sort of official or delegate from another country I think. Does anyone else recall reading this?

Neurological impairments do tend to deteriorate with time so over four years, if what that article was suggesting is true, it would not surprise me if his symptoms are more apparent these days. Coupled with all the stress he is under right now it is well within the realm of possibilities. He does seem fairly unhinged these days with his Twitter tirades but to me that speaks more of the acute stress he is under and inability to deal with it in a healthy way. He's stressed out and I think he's probably pretty scared too. For someone who prides himself as always being on top and the boss man, that's got to be a huge hit to his psyche and mental stability.

We need some current, uncut videos of him walking independently. I bet that footage is harder to find than you might think.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Here is an article referencing the event I mentioned. So, he actually held hands with Theresa May and it was to go down an incline on the path. Not sure if steps were involved. I'm not sure if this was the specific article that I read but it is the same incident.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...-donald-trump-theresa-may-held-hands-not/amp/

The article suggests that he has an aversion or phobia to walking down hill? He may have balance issues that are neurological in nature, but what sounds more possible to me is that he wears lifts in his shoes and going downhill create balance problems and makes him look clumsy.