Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Warren probably had the best performance tonight.

I thought the answers on climate change were mostly good. The rest that I saw not so much. Some of the answers on things like the steel tariffs were kind of cringe. Specifically, the answers that didn't answer the question, but just said some vague Trump=bad crap. Ummm... if you can't even answer a yes, or no as to whether you would keep them the conviction behind your criticism is a little hard to buy.

I had no idea who Williamson was before tonight and... holy what the fuck. That woman is pure eat your own feces level of crazy. I think she's still polling pretty low, and I am very thankful for that.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

CNN should not be hosting debates, they spent half an hour of the timeslot doing absolutely nothing. Say what you will about their bias, Chris Wallace from Fox News was the best debate moderator during the last cycle.

As for the performances, Elizabeth Warren did better than the rest. I think Bernie Sanders is done, no matter how much he tries to cosplay as a 1900s lighthouse keeper when hes angry, hes never going to win over moderates.

Aside from the one time she bent him over and pegged him on live TV, I think he did reasonably well. Hes clearly trying to carve out the moderate position, just no one has any idea who he is.

Honestly, at least from last nights stage, none of them are beating Donald Trump. Hes just going to gaslight and browbeat the shit out of them until they crack. Thats what he does. I think Tulsi Gabbard, Kamala Harris and Joe Biden can withstand that kind of beating, but I dont think Sanders can and we've already seen that Warren cant.

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was thinking the same thing. Last cycle they let debate questions slip to their preferred candidate. During the 2nd general election debate one of their moderators repeatedly interrupted to join in, and argue with Trump, and then last night they called the president a bigot in one of their questions. Hosting the debates is a privilege that should be taken away from them.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don’t even think the debates should have an audience. I get that people love the townhall style during the general election, but allowing for the audience to influence the viewers and pundits opinions is not helpful and turns them more into sporting events instead of a presentation of ideas.

Trump could never perform without an audience.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The stream kept playing this ad for a CNN show about the history of Movies, and it used Hans Zimmer's Superman theme as the music. The first time I saw it I legit thought it was just part of CNN's over the top production hyping up the debate.

(P.S. say what you will about Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice, but Zimmer's Superman Theme is absolute fire)

6. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Debates are a waste of time where each candidate tries to be more extreme than the other just to win their party. Then, all of a sudden, they go centrist when they win the nomination.

Some of these statements are downright ludicrous and should be held against them down the line- Joe curing Cancer or all the candidates wanting free health care for illegals.

I get that this is part of the political game but it’s on the same level as a high school class president promising candy for lunch at school.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This was essentially a trap question. A key feature of many universal healthcare systems is that you don't need to jump through endless hoops to prove that you're "covered," you just get treated. In this way illegal immigrants would be the same as any other individual who walks in for treatment, be they tourist, legal resident, or citizen: they would receive treatment, because the hospital isn't wasting resources differentiating between those who deserve care and those who don't.

8. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well at least in my province i have a care card that gets me my free health care. So it is a very easy way to tell who is who.

9. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I was going to say, how hard would it be to show an ID?

That doesn’t sound like a lot of hoops to jump thru to keep medical costs in check. But with idiots foaming at the mouth over Joe curing Cancer, it’s not a surprise to promise the world just to get the nomination.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, this is a country that doesn't have a national ID because people lose their shit whenever it's proposed because it's the first step to taking their guns.

11. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

State IDs would work as would Social Security cards. It’s the same argument for not having identification at voting booths because of disenfranchisement. Give me a break.

12. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The big difference between the left and right is that most left leaning individuals, including myself, will agree that the opposition has some good points and are willing to compromise.

I’ve yet to meet a republican willing to concede on anything and everything including Trump. They’re 100% right and everything else is “fake news”.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Right, wasting resources IDing people is the big money suck in this situation, not the people that use the benefits and don't pay into the the system.

14. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same reason state IDs prevent the poor from voting. If you have no form of government ID, voting is the least of your worries.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What do you do if they don't have ID? Refuse to treat them? So they end up at the ER which is a bigger burden on the system anyway? Our system has been penny wise and pound foolish for decades, and this is just more of the same. "Democrats want to give illegal immigrants healthcare" is just a cynical way of rephrasing "Democrats want a more streamlined healthcare system with less overhead, less total costs, and better patient outcomes."

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Less total costs? What magic fantasy land do you live in where you think the last sweeping changes of Obamacare or any new proposed changes will result in less total costs? Shifting costs from one group to another? Possibly. Shifting revenue from one group to another? Yes.

17. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You don’t think that’s a huge incentive for illegals to come over? “I guess that’s how our system is setup, god forbid we challenge the status quo”.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it's an issue with our immigration system, not with the healthcare proposals, and I think Republicans cynically know that if they can turn a winning issue for Democrats (healthcare) into a winning issue for them (immigration) they'll do better at the polls.

19. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mario Lopez retracts his statement about 3 year olds being introduced to trans lifestyles.

Anyone objecting to this- would it be appropriate to introduce a 3 year old to a heterosexual lifestyle?

Why are people so scared of saying “no” to the trans community when it comes to minors? How about no sex education at 3 for any kid?

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because preventative care is cheaper than emergency care. If you want a cheaper system, you either need to expand access to preventative care (which means universal coverage), or reduce access to emergency care (which is currently illegal).