Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Pence abruptly canceled an appearance in NH and rushed back to DC. Strongest theory I've seen so far is that the Russian "research vessel" is actually a nuclear submarine, and when one of those has an accident its all hands on deck to monitor the situation across the nuclear powers.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

According to Moscow Times it is an AS-12, the smallest and deepest-diving of all nuclear subs.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It appears Pennsylvania has actual brain-damaged apes elected to office:

....what. The fuck. Was that?

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Republicans pretending to care about rules is so quaint.

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The rules are for us, not them.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This was in the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the same body that so egregiously gerrymandered the state in favor of Republicans after the 2010 census that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court struck it down as a violation of the state constitution. They can suck a fat dick.

7. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Best YouTube comment I've seen on that video "Ironic to hear a Republican say "Mr. President you need to follow the rules"

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That is the most crybaby and petulant thing I’ve ever seen. Is this fucking nimrod just TRYING to be the biggest heat bag on earth? Why aren’t people making an example of him?

9. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm legit curious about her. You're right, she seems well-rounded. I'm curious if she's just too centrist to get a word in edgewise to the torrent of dumb still going?

She's young too, maybe inexperience is a factor?

She's the first candidate I've seen that actually made me go "Fuck, yeah I would vote for her."

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She seems too much like a Blue Dog democrat to gain any traction in today's democratic environment. The pervasive tribal "Im tired of having to compromise with people I disagree with" has made someone like her a marginal player at best.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

If she somehow became the nominee, I would vote for her in a second. The Democrats cant keep playing the Go-for-Woke game and still appeal to independents.

Meanwhile, just as much attention has been paid to AOC yelling and crying at an empty parking lot.

This isnt going well for them.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She seems level-headed, passionate and qualified. So, she stands no chance.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it's fine to keep it broader at this point in the campaign. As soon as she gets very specific, opponents will pick it apart.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s because the DNC turned into Portland over the last three years. There is no group these days that will admit the well is poisoned. They knowingly, and willingly, dig their own grave because they’d rather lose than challenge their core beliefs. An opinion is the absolutely lowest form of human research and that is what these knobs value most. It’s honestly no different than dealing with junkies.

15. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As opposed to our Commander in Chief Twitter account?

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well they already disposed of their core voters for over half a century and decided they were deplorable, so its not surprising that they wont admit the momentum has been going in the wrong direction.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As far as social media voices they are certainly cut from the same cloth. Using it very effectively to communicate to their rabid supporters.

18. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I've had a few Democrat friends jump down my throat lately because I tried explaining how self destructive this "blue no matter who" nonsense is to their party, and how that kind of thinking is how they failed to produce a candidate that could beat a reality TV host. Then I was accused of being a Trump supporter, even though I was easily the biggest liberal in the group. When I mentioned that Tulsi was currently my top pick, my friend said "Yeah, I like her, but she's not an electable candidate." He thought Joe Biden was a better choice. Yes, that's what the masses want. Another establishment tool. Just like the last time, and that went swimmingly.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think what a lot of left leaning people who are super far left fail to realize is that Twitter is not real life. Yes real people say shit on Twitter, but I don’t see people in real life talk to each other or engage in crazy group think the way they do on twitter or other social media platforms. Looking at the polling on the news of the current democratic candidates versus what social media says is why Warren leads online but Biden leads on tv.

The candidates have to figure out which crowd to appeal to.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Biden is certainly at the bottom of my list of candidates I want to see come out of the Democratic primary, but "blue no matter who" in the general makes sense because it is literally impossible for the Democrats to nominate a candidate worse than Trump. You could literally throw every Democratic House Rep, Senator, Governor, Mayor, and State Rep into a bag and draw a name at random and they would be a better choice than Trump.

The primary is for deciding which of those myriad choices is the best, and sadly my boy Jay Inslee is polling somewhere South of Antarctica.