Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes it does. But like I said, the question was posed to him in the heat of the wall battle. And for him to say “no, I’d keep this wall because it seems to be okay” would have fucked the party and undermined the whole argument.

2. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Something something Mitch McConnell.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Republican governor Hogan would be a plausible Trump alternative, and he's likely biding his time to 2024. Dude is insanely popular in Maryland, and while he might look like Rob Ford's older brother, his record is surprisingly moderate.

If he can skirt some of the more extreme fringes of the GOP, stay off of Fox News, he could be a serious candidate.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The House just voted 420-0 to release the Mueller report publicly once its finished.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's several of those types waiting for the post-Trump era, hoping they can pick up the pieces of the Republican party. Nikki Haley, Larry Hogan, Charlie Baker, the Sununu brothers, etc

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s symbolic but hopefully speaks to what might go down in the event of the report being suppressed.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

420, hehe

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm sure nothing bad could possibly come of this sort of talk.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

On cue, Beto has another made-for-TV moment:

dude was at a coffee shop, people started shouting questions at him so he jumped up on a table and held a question and answer session. Then trump tweets about it and makes fun of how he uses his hands when he talks and says that indicates he is crazy.

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had assumed this might be part of the inevitable out-crazy each other to show who is for real far left aspect of the dem primaries. Warren came out for reparations the other day, and Castro was talking about it like it was a cool idea. Apparently Harris is for it as well. I'm guessing it isn't serious, but the fact that candidates are even supporting it is ludicrous enough.

12. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The race to the left is getting a little crazy. Its a social justice arms race. You don't want to be the one candidate to say "no" to reparations. Even if it is fiscally uncountable. How do you even quantify who gets what and how much? They'd probably automatically label you a wannabe slave-holder or some shit if you didn't immediately support it. It just feels like the political situation is "While we're at it, let's just throw in X and see who bites."

13. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it's mainly just to say it and virtue signal, at least for this issue. It's way too unpopular to actually run on. I'm happy to support some affirmative action, but fuck off paying people my money straight up for something 6 generations ago, especially when my family never had slaves and fought for the north.

It should die down. I hope. I think it's what you said, nobody wants to be the outright "no" person. Shit, you'd have to be as crazy as Obama to do that.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Even measuring by the incredibly fucked up bar we use for him, Trump's current Twitter tantrum has gone on for a really long time...