Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously, look at these people.

I have many disagreements with Sanders. The grievance that he's too far left is a real one, but you have to be so hopelessly naive to think that's the real reason all the establishment leaders and top party donors are afraid of him.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Immune to intimidation is good, immune to incentive I'm not so sure. If they're talking about personally bribing Sanders, yes, it's good he's immune. If they're talking about "hey, here are well thought out compromises that will advance both your agenda and the agenda of other Democrats in the Congress that represent wide swaths of the American people and their concerns," then I'm less thrilled. Unwavering bases are always twitchy, we've seen just how far wrong that can go with Trump.

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He has his problems to be sure, but he's no Trump. I don't see him as an all or nothing candidate even if he talks that way at times, although a lot of his supporters are.

4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love how only executive counts for you, legislative doesn't for some reason. A lot of Ds in that legislative branch, eh? It makes me sad that you think if all the others aren't convicted they're innocent somehow. Cool story. So when the same fucking companies donate to republicans is that corrupt, but not the democrats? Is it bullshit that maybe, just maybe, someone supporting purely for ideological reasons doesn't donate to candidates running against each other? Mmk then.

Some shit, bruh. From the company that barely talks about anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyNRejUS5yE

Go to the town halls sometime. They don't give a fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNNl7H_nZ5E

You have a really stupid narrative with a hardcore following that everyone else is sick of. Not so different than 9/11 truthers and Obama birthers. The MSM just happens to like this one more.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Except, y'know, real.

7. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Point it to Mueller then. He disagrees. That's on like page two.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mueller was quite clear that "The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion." That was one page 1. Remember back when this all started? When people were saying Russia's involvement was a big ol' conspiracy theory? Amazing how those goalposts move. Mueller definitively proved that Russia meddled, and that the Trump campaign welcomed that meddling while outwardly spreading doubt that it was happening at all.

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Page 2...

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also page 2. Almost like the very narrowly defined "conspired or coordinated" isn't the only thing worth considering in this whole big matter.

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We knew that years ago. What do you think I'm disputing about that? Hardly anyone has been disputing that for quite a long time. They've been babbling about collusion. 6 nation bargaining deals. Bullshit like that. They can't find the evidence. You can believe in it if you want. Mueller doesn't. I don't really give a shit if you accept that or not.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Talking about shifting the goal post. The entire leftist hope of the investigation was to pin Trump directly to Russia's election meddling. Prove he was a Russian asset because of business loans or peepee kompromats or pay to play diplomacy. Now that Mueller spent years and 40 million investigating and found no connection, it becomes "well he proved election meddling happened" as if your specific contention for the past 2.5 years never existed. To shift further it has now become, well the collusion wasn't the real important aspect, it's all the investigations in federal districts that really matter! In reality this being all dropped now gives the Democrats a lot of time to shift gears towards domestic issues that could really win them the 2020 election.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It seems increasingly difficult for anyone to be honest about this entire thing. Heres what the report said about collusion:

Okay, full stop on collusion. However, Trump Campaign team members are dirty, hence indictments and convictions. Including:
    • George Papadopoulos meeting with a suspected Russian agent regarding Hillary emails;
    • Roger Stone's connection to Wikileaks;
    • Carter Page's coordination with Russia;
    • Paul Manafort's connection to Russian and Ukrainian businessmen.
    Plus there is Trump's bullshit responses regarding the Trump Tower Moscow inquiries, his general outbursts, his orders not being carried out by his subordinates, ordering his son to bullshit to the press, etc. and the list goes on. Its deeply immoral behavior and despite what he says, is a horrible look for his administration. I dont fault him for being angered and frustrated about being investigated under the circumstances, but aside from that, his behavior was abhorrent. All he had to do was nothing.

That being said, I dont understand (and know next to nothing about law) how you can go after someone for obstruction of justice for impeding an investigation for a crime that did not actually occur and when the investigation itself was triggered based on absolute bullshit information in the first place. Did Trump do anything wrong? Yup. Did he do anything criminal? I dont really know, given the circumstances of the entire thing. Its not cut and dry either way.

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't get who is supposed to be arguing that nothing in the report makes the president look bad. Donald Trump doesn't post on here last I checked.

I find it funny how many times 'the goalposts have moved' when the report is exactly what I said it would be. I'd like say I'm a brilliant prognosticator, but really, what was going to be in there couldn't have been more telegraphed in the two months leading up to release. I don't get the crying about Barr's summary either. Looks pretty fucking accurate to me. It didn't have all the details, but that's why it's called a summary.

16. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let them keep digging through the manure looking for the pony. They have been wrong at every turn, no reason to believe that will change.

People have tried and tried to temper the enthusiasm for fantasy around here for a while. I know I have been trying to point out to people and get them to think through the fact that there was never any way they could get around the genesis of this whole issue. You can't weaponize the FISA court system and Justice to attack candidates; if they were to bring this thing to a true head, I'm sure they could find a way to impeach Donny but think about what precedence that would set? It's one thing to get caught spying on foreign governments (which has happened very recently), it's totally another to spy on Presidential candidates and try to turn elections for your own means....that is no longer a Government of the people, that is Government to it's own means separate from the people.

The interesting part now is going to be whether or not they shine a light on what was going on in "intelligence" land prior to the 2016 election and who goes to jail for it. That 11th hour Susan Rice memo makes so much sense now. CYA to the end but who will swing?

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The report does not exonerate Trump, it says, "there is shit here, but following the DOJ guidelines that you cannot indict a sitting president, we'll leave it up to Congress to decide."

If it were anyone other than the President, there would be indictments.

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Still unreal to watch though. "If we claim sweeping victory maybe everyone won't notice how stupid we have been for the last 2.5 years!"

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll put my posts in this thread up against anyone else's in terms of accuracy.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So not getting into that, but I was mainly talking about the MSM.

But yeah, that said I remembering hearing more than once about the Russia dick suckers and their manic denial. One poster still has me on ignore because the skepticism WAS SO FUCKING RETARDED GODDAMNIT. Good times.