Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My guess is he made a lot of money off his book about giving a lot of money away. The shame. THE SHAME.

It really is funny how Bernie ends up in these crosshairs constantly though. Last election he was at some disenfranchised victims of whoeverthefuckits event and this lunatic was screaming at him about honoring some obscure 1840s Native American treaty. Bernie couldn't bring himself to just say no so it went on and on. I was highly entertained.

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Barr is planning to release the first redacted Mueller report within a week. He also said the report would be submitted in a week when it took a month so we'll see.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So the Congress held hearings today on the subject of white nationalism, and the Republicans invited Candace Owens as a witness. What a fucking embarrassing political party.

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree. Complete fucking embarasment of a political party. They've been sifting the interwebs nonstop since to find comments of racist trolls, which is why they held it in the first place. Blah blah blah the culture war must go on.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

E127BC6E-97B8-499F-A7D3-87F61AEB2BAD.jpeg

She’s pretty much unqualified for most things, but she’s particularly unqualified for that.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean she's a loon but I watched her speech. She isn't wrong.

7. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Divisive fear mongering. Preview of 2020. Sucked the Mueller titty dry so they needed a hearing to call republicans racist. Sounds about right to me...

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean aside from the fact that she's completely full of shit, sure.

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know much about Candace Owens. If she was a correspondent on infowars I'm sure she's partly crazy, but what the fuck is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX89pxjQeQU

To her credit, she handled those three windbags pretty well there. If she's crazy or propagating hate speech then go after her for that. Stunts like that aren't proof of anything other than that you're a disingenuous douchebag.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's less that she's crazy and more that she's just dumber than a box of rocks. She'll complain about being taken out of context even though the context doesn't make her look any better. If you've got time to waste, she was on Joe Rogan's podcast and it was basically an hour of Joe being like "I'm a god damn moron and even I can tell you're borderline retarded."

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah Im basing my whole perception of her on that podcast. She came off as insanely narcissistic to the point of delusion. So much so I was seriously questioning her version of the "hate crime" she had happen to her with the governor's son in high school. Still, the white nationalist boogyman the left is gearing up for the 2020 election is obviously a straight fear based pitch that is in reality no where close to the top of what needs to be addressed for the minority communities to actually improve their situation in today's society. Hell reparations is a more salient argument to helping the black community than white nationalism fear mongering.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

As mentioned, she works for InfoWars. Thats all anyone needs to know.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

To her credit she did almost make it half way through her journalism degree, before dropping out. And now here she is, super-qualified to field (and bitch about) important questions.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Half a degree is still light years ahead of most pundits that consider themselves journalists.

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Owens aside, I'm not sure if any of the pundits and reporters I personally respect have journalism degrees. If the MSM is a reflection of those journalism programs maybe it's not worth it anymore. I can't count how many times I've read an asinine, or totally detached from reality article with a footnote telling you the author learned how to do this Hah-vahd.

Aren't these programs supposed to teach analysis, ethics, logic, etc? I'm sure those are all still great schools in many programs, but I'm far past giving someone credibility based solely on their alma mater.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Haha they perp-dragged Assange out of the Ecuadorian embassy today.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Him looking like the Keebler elf is only going to make the memes that much better.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

To think that he spent 7 years in there, and it sounds like he's facing a max of 5 years by the US.

I'd love to see an interview with the Embassy guys who called the cops and said, "come and get him".

"Ecuadorian president Lenin Moreno said the country had "reached its limit on the behaviour of Mr Assange"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47891737

19. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think he'll be imprisoned for much longer than 5 years, as he's pissed off some very powerful institutions and has few friends. Not to be a conspiracy nut, but it wouldn't surprise me if he got up-fucked in prison.

I'm curious if the Australian government is intervening on his behalf or are they leaving him out to dry?

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does Wikileaks even exist anymore? I’ve not heard anything about them since right after the election?