Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I assume he means the lawyers that aren't being jailed, yes?

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

[​IMG]

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You don’t have to “think” anything. That’s not how innocent people behave, period. It’s the exact polar opposite.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s a relief. Because when you need transparency, who else to turn to but a super-corrupt ex-cop/lawyer who pimps himself off as the official mascot of 9/11.

“You want the truth? Go to Giuliani.” .....said nobody ever.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you haven't done anything wrong why won't you show us what's in your trunk?

If the media was so shamelessly out to spew every baseless innuendo, jump to far ranging conspiracy conclusions (I mean he must just had to had the Russian mob finance his company to win him the election for Putin amiright?), and make a mountain out of every single mole hill, would you just hand them years worth of material for them to do this? Nah he just has to be guilty of something and this is how a guilty person acts. Give me a break. He knows the media and democrats will abuse this and keeping them withheld plays great to his base and ultimately shows the utter biased partisanship the supposed neutral main stream media is. Do you guys not remember Rachel Maddow's scoop of the century when she released his tax statements for a year? He paid like 50 million in taxes and 25 million donated to charity. I don't doubt you give a prosecutor an unlimited budget to investigate they aren't going to find something. As Mark Geregos says you do that to ANY individual and theyre going to find at least 3 felonies in a person's normal course of business because for the most part we usually run with the spirit of the law rather than nailing down everyone all the time to the letter of the law.

It's also funny how quickly people are to forget or just rationalize away hypocrisy. Obama never released his college transcripts. He must have been hiding something! The wingnut theory is he based his entrance letters on being a muslim minority (see Elizabeth Warren) and used his stepfathers surname to hide his foreign identity. If he didn't do anything wrong why won't he release them?! Much like Im sure someone will come along an say Trump's failing grades were propped up, much like his failing real estate business, by Russian oligarchs. And further down the shithole the national conversation goes.

6. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because you are the president of the United states, and there is very little distinction between you as an individual and an office holder. It's why most folks release their taxes and put holdings in escrow when they run for office....it prevents these sorts of accusations.

This isnt shit that he did as a teenager. Its shit he did within the last 4 years, that may have influenced his ability to win the election, and his decisions as president.

Again. Smoke and fire. He refused to put his holdings in escrow and directs the federal government to spend millions at his resorts. He ran in some unsavory circles with Russians closely associated with a foreign government, and listens to Putin over his own intelligence community. He publicly bragged about not paying taxes, and his signature legislation is a tax reduction bill.

At what point is obvious too difficult to filter through?

7. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think anyone is saying that Trump is trustworthy, or ethical, or anything like that. What people are saying is that the number of accusations people endlessly theorize about with little to go on or just blindly accept has long since gotten absurd. It generally follows a formula like this -

Trump is accused of something -->

Trump once met with person X, or someone related to Trump once met with someone related to person X = smoke -->

Document Z is demanded and not immediately released = fire -->

Trump denies accusation. Trump is liar -->

= Trump is definitely 100% guilty, and we should continue by jumping into whatever else him being guilty of plot W might also make him guilty of. Rinse. Repeat. Reload.

It is a totally nutty line of logic, and I don't know what to label it as other than Trump derangement syndrome. I've never seen so many people in this country act like this, no matter how much they hated a politician or whoever else. I'm not specifically referring to here, this really has become a ubiquitous phenomenon.

In the words of MSNBC "There isn't a market for skepticism."

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's a fun game to play: if Trump was suffering from dementia, how could you tell?

It's like the Turing test for biologicals.

9. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, you could look at the fact that Trump joked about grabbing women by the pussy and the uproar that has caused and continues to cause. Yet the former VP, Creepy Uncle Joe, can have montage after montage of actually getting handsy and clearly making people uncomfortable then say he isn't sorry for shit but it's totally different. One talked about sexual assault, the other made unwanted physical advances that made people have actual reason to fear sexual assault.

As the vast majority of the mass media supports one and not the other, there is one behavior that is MUCH worse than the other. As most people listen to this drivel, they agree with it. As usual though, I will point this out.......if it weren't for double standards, we would have no standards at all.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's not pretend that the Access Hollywood tape is the extent of the accusations against Trump: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations

11. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nobody's pretending anything here. I'm not defending Trump, just pointing out the disparity. If you want to talk make believe, how did someone who was such a high profile person get away with that behavior for so long but it only became a problem when he switched to a Republican?

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't agree with the Biden/Trump comparison because I think at worst Biden is awkward whereas Trump is a legit creep, but some of the other double standards are quite glaring. Obama refused to even field questions from certain reporters and had all the questions pre-screened so no one would make him look bad. Trump may have exaggerated the situation that led to him trying to boot Acosta, but the guy acts like a jackass day in day out, and the MSM left flipped the fuck out over it, yet I don't remember a peep from them about Obama. Say what you will about Trump, he at least takes questions from openly hostile reporters.

Here's Obama's communications director in '09.

And his spokesman's excuse for why Obama would never show up on Fox News Sunday.

Granted, Obama's administration didn't say laughably stupid things like labeling them "the enemy of the people", but this is so different how? Say what you will about Trump's idiotic whining, he at least addresses his media opponents.

Can you imagine if the Snowden leaks came during the Trump regime instead of Obama's? How hard would all these people be beating that dictator drum?

Then there's the whole DNC election rigging none of them cared about, but will never in a million years shut the fuck up about Trump's election rigging that never even happened. Oh the campaign leaks! The leaks! Let's never ever address what was in them, let's just constantly babble about how they came from bad people!

Call it whataboutism or whatever you want, but yeah, what about it?

I'm so glad Gabbard is now openly trashing her own party because holy shit do they deserve it. Marginally less shitty than republicans isn't good enough.

13. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because we hold the president of the United states to a higher standard than a b-list reality TV star? How the fuck is that not obvious?

Trump labels the entire media as his opponent, which I think is a problem. And, in true head-in-the-sand fashion, you bring up shit Obama did 10 years ago, as if Obama didn't get media scrutiny as president.

I'm sorry Fox & Friends in 2009 was too busy thinking of something else to accuse Obama of, but Trump is president now, and this shit is happening now, and accountability needs to happen NOW.

Great, there's a "media disparity" between Trump and Obama. Ok. There's also a lot of other disparities, in areas such as:
    -telling the truth
    -shady business dealings with Russian nationals
    -members of the campaign team in prison
    -felonies
    -sexual assaults & hush money to make them go away
    -accepting reasonable and fair criticism
    -transparency
    -one's a "billionaire", the other was transparent in his dealings as president and didn't enrich himself while in office

I agree, Trump isn't the villain most people on the left make him out to be, I think he's more of an incompetent dolt that can't stand to be seen as weak. However, the what-aboutism, false equivocation and failure to acknowledge reality is ultimately damaging to the office, and our expectations of transparency in government.

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Spending months mocking Trump questioning the integrity of our elections while the DNC undermines them, and then immediately questioning the integrity not even 24 hours after you lose, and then jumping into a conspiracy theory while refusing to even address the leaks... these two things are THE definitions of hypocrisy and deflection. I'm not falsely equivocating shit. Obama will go down as a far better president than Trump, no doubt about it. With regards to the media, I'm not trying to compare the two in a vacuum, but I was pointing that out because they sure have a change of heart about how all political spectrums of the media should be treated equally when the shoe is on the other foot, don't they?

Say what you will man, but that sounds a lot to me like how the left responds to criticism of their own corruption. If the last three years hasn't pushed the apex of that, I shudder to think what will.

I don't have to like Trump, or be some alt right winger to think most of the democrat party in it's current state is garbage as well. I'm not going to cheerlead for shit like AOC, Adam Schiff, and Kamala Harris even if you can compellingly convince Trump is worse(although with AOC I'm not sure I could actually be convinced).

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Buttigieg takes on pence

Hard not to like the guy. I disagree with some of his positions, but at least he's honest.

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Sure it is. He supports the GND, eliminating the EC, and making DC a state. He’s already retarded.

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The circular firing squad is unloading their magazines. Bernie Sanders it too far right for the socially enlightened humanitarians.

Wall bad. Bernie bad. Bad wall Bernie bad.

Obama's 'circular firing squad' remarks may not persuade 2020 Democrats

As much as I commend Obama's efforts, he's sooooooo 2008, as that article points out.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So... in what appears to be a celebration of the upcoming Game of Thrones premiere, the Trump admin seems to have orchestrated a bit of a Red Wedding over at DHS.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Gotta agree with him on immigration there.

Bernie is also getting a lot of shit from the left because he doesn't want to release his taxes. Granted, I think it's way too early to even discuss that. There's like 60 people running right now. I don't think it's necessary to disclose your tax returns until there's maybe a handful of people left, if even just once it's down to who they're gonna put up. However, if people are deciding who to donate to, they might wanna see if sanders is a big ole hypocrite.

And I would shit my pants laughing if mr lets-give-our-money-away stashed his shit offshore in order to pay the bare minimum.

Do as I say, not as I do.