Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Juice's point was his whiteness being the issue not his gayness. We'll see if he fall back on his gayness or folds to the fringe dogma when he inevitably makes a gaffe (See Bob O'Rourke apologizing for a joke at his own expense).

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

The joke Beto made... I didn't understand the reaction. It was a throw away joke at his expense. Wtf? And the everyone is pushing for the guys who are running to say they'd pick a woman as a VP if they won the nomination. The dems are trying to eat their own already.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the Democrats will lose their mind if they have to go through another election cycle where "HE SEXUALLY ASSAULTS WOMEN FOR CHRIST'S SAKE" is a bullet they can't fire because their own nominee is either married to or is himself a dude who creeps on women.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Then the butt guy is their answer!

5. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don’t understand why anyone would consider Biden a viable candidate any way. He’s a) old, b) close enough to Obama that undecideds will lean R, c) old guard Democrat.

I remember hearing his stance on abortion and how he reconciled it with his faith and being glad for that, but I very much do not want him to run for president in 2020.

Honestly his candidacy is a distraction and shouldn’t be taken seriously.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The biggest point in Biden's favor is that the Republicans seem to genuinely fear him. There's a sick pragmatist in me that says who cares if he sheds votes in New York and California if he picks them up in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

7. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im not sure republican voters fear him though. Just the party.
    And Biden’s an easy target for trump - because unless the reports that his aides are working on an out for him due to health are true - he’s probably the red candidate for 2020.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So basically, be safe, and vote for butt-uh-judge. You know, the gay dude.

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think what the dems need to focus on right now is the knowledge that this next election is going to be a culture war election. That’s what the gop will be doing. It will have little to do with policy because they have utterly failed at accomplishing anything these last 2 years. They’ve done nothing and they can’t blame dems for it. So it will be an us versus them type battle.

Not that it will be a big change from the usual with them. But it will be about comparing dem proposals to life in Venezuela. Side by side photos of AOC next to communist dictators.

At this point though, this election is the democrat’s to lose. The circular firing squad and purity tests will be the death of them. Disagreement is okay through the primaries but at election time, everyone needs to grow up.

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've mainly been worried about the trying out-left each other, but oh man, the "No, you're racist"... "No, you're sexist." musical chairs game is going to make me want to tear my hair out. It's already started really. Gabbard, Sanders, Biden, Beto- the rest are just getting in line.

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just read the article by Biden's accuser and it is so painfully fake.

Someone touched your shoulder while you were surrounded by others, only footsteps away from a huge audience and you were mortified? Bullshit.

Oh yeah, you suffered for years. Gee, maybe I should snap my wrists and get ready to write all the hit pieces on women who have kissed me on the cheek hello or goodbye without my consent. The fucking horror.

Is this where we're going as a society? Someone writes a hit piece pretending that some trivial event upended their life for years, and we act like we should have learned some important life lesson? Are we supposed to conduct ourselves like women live in perpetual terror of interacting with men? Biden has always been a bit on the touchy feely side, but it is plain as day this is a well wish before her speech rather than a creep slobbering all over her. Just because I'm disgusted with the way she wrote that article I'll also point she's one of the ugliest human beings I've ever seen. Yeah, I'm sure Biden just couldn't contain himself.

In the 1% chance she is being a genuine she's both an idiot for thinking what happened was something completely different than it was, and deranged for having a reaction so over the top like this, and should seek professional help. She should also learn how to be an adult, and vocalize her sentiments rather than bottling them up for years until they're spat out in the form attack article.

Whatever, I'm sure half the people who read that would be convinced 'I just don't get it.' Although, I wonder the same thing Clutch did, which is why none of these people recoiled in horror the dozens of other times they've seen Biden do this. The only good thing I can about it is that if it was going to happen to someone I'm glad it was Biden. He's been tripping over himself with melodramatic nonsense regarding stories like this for as long as I can remember. Naturally, his response to the accusation was extremely pathetic.

#10151 Kampf Trinker, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm increasingly seeing Buttigieg as the best candidate in the field. He's too polite to say it, but I'm getting a real "Fuck the Boomers, this country belongs to Millennials and it's time our politics reflects that" vibe off of him, which I'm completely in favor of. We can't be a country that prioritizes the comfort of Boomers over the needs of everyone else anymore.

13. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

His support for the GND and flirting with ideas like UBI scare the hell out of me, but I really like him as well.

He definitely seems like one of the smartest and sincerely genuine candidates in the field. He's been somewhat vague on the economic and debt policies at the moment, so I'm curious to see where he ends up there after his campaign is in full gear.

I don't at all see him as a moderate, which is fine, and arguably a good thing depending, but I find it odd he's characterized that way.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Despite Trump's best efforts, the Congress's power of the purse remains relatively iron clad, so I don't have any particular fear of a President unilaterally implementing any sort of costly legislation. Whatever passes will do so with the consent of the Congress. This is also why I try not to get hung up on any candidate's particular legislative agenda; I'm much more interested in their ability to receive and process information, nominate qualified individuals, and provide direction and focus. Of the current field of Democrats, the only one who could get even a fraction of their agenda done with just the power of the Presidency is Elizabeth Warren, and that's largely because she worked in the Senate to create and empower executive agencies to that purpose.

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hear you, but the president still has a huge influence on the direction a party takes, so as someone who thinks the democrats need a course correction right now the candidates' stances on those issues still matter to me.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

House Dems now telling the IRS to release trump's tax returns. Trump says he "won't release them until such time that I am not under audit," which will be funny once we learn he was never under audit. I'm sure this is headed for the courts but at least it's progress toward transparency.

17. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, I'm glad they're all about maintaining trust in our democracy. I mean, all they fucking do is investigate Trump. So far the democrats have rigged the last election and colluded with Russians, which we know despite both of these things barely being investigated.

Oh, they also launched a Russia style social media campaign during the last Alabama senate election, which they freely admitted to, but like, not to change votes or anything. Their campaign had no impact whatsoever on the outcome, you know, according to the people who conducted it and also claimed the 2016 campaign troll farm totally changed everything. Because they lost that one, but didn't lose the Alabama senate election. That's how it works apparently.

You can't make this shit up. But what do I know? I only dare criticize the democrats because I'm just another cog with his butt firmly planted on the Trump cock ride.

.... sigh.

18. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought that Trump had been audited many times.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

He's maintained he was under audit since the primaries. Cohen said under oath that he was never under audit. Various tax experts have weighed in and said that an audit would never take that long, nor -- most importantly -- would being under audit ever prevent someone from releasing their tax returns.

As much as I can't stand AOC, what she did during the Cohen hearing was basically lay a clear and concise road map for why we need to see those returns and how to get them.

20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why would Barr tarnish his life’s reputation for Trump?

The one thing I was the tiniest bit hopeful for was that he would at least not destroy his personal reputation obstructing and running interference. With these latest reports coming out how he grossly mischaracterized the nature of the report with his 4 page “summary”(surprise), I just don’t see his end game.