Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Is Kamala Harris black enough?" well given that the options are her, Booker, a bunch of Democrats who are as white as a ream of paper, and an openly racist Republican party, that's a question that ultimately does not matter.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

So liberals question her blackness, two of the highest level politicians in Virginia got caught wearing blackface and aren’t forced to resign immediately, a newly elected Democratic politician posts antisemitic bullshit on Twitter all within the last week and the openly racist ones are..... the Republicans. Lol.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean yeah. The Browns signing Kareem Hunt this week doesn't mean the Patriots aren't the greatest dynasty in football history.

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, if you guys are going to keep saying this like it's a given fact, I want to know what racist shit republicans have done. You're going to have to come up with something better than "want voters to get an ID" or "supported border security".

5. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, there is ONE congressman in Iowa who is condemned by the whole party, so I guess there's that.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If by "want voters to get an ID" you mean "requested data on voting patterns by race and, with that data in hand, drafted a law that would 'target African-Americans with almost surgical precision,'" according to a federal appeals court.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

They can’t. And instead of having actual policy positions that aren’t retarded, they hope to appeal to the emotions of morons with either identity politics or attempts at quixotic causes that no one actually gives a shit about. And they’ll wonder why Trump is going to get re-elected.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last I remember was Texas where it was upheld. "Please bring your ID to vote." This systemic oppression is getting pretty fucking weak, isn't it?

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And seriously, if this is all it takes to defeat the democrats now maybe try appealing to some voters that aren't such lazy fucks. I mean Jesus.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm referring to the North Carolina law that was struck down in 2016. The Texas law that was (barely) upheld, SB 5, was passed because the prior version, SB 14, was knocked down by the courts for discriminatory effect.

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Appealing to morons with identity politics is literally the entire Republican playbook. You don't own a gun, you're a Gun Owner™. The Dangerous and Scary Other is invading our Southern border, and they are not like Us. Science is something done by Coastal Elites and not Real Americans™ who drive Ford Tough™ trucks. We are Values Voters™ who need to protect our family values from the gay members of our families that we kicked out. They're not even real identities, they're just bullshit cooked up in an ad agency somewhere.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

GOOD POINT.

13. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, I'm going to stop defending the republicans for now because I don't even disagree that they suck in their current incarnation, but I can't help thinking there is so many better ways to expose their suckiness than the race angle.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Am I the only one somewhat surprised that there hasn't been anyone from the GOP to announce yet that they're running against trump?

I figure a lot of potential candidates are waiting until the mueller report drops, but I'm still shocked at least one or two haven't gotten a head start on fundraising.

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, it's only you.

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah it's basically just you. A successful primary challenge to Trump would have to first win over the Republican primary electorate (a more wretched hive of scum and villainy you will not find) with zero backing from the national party, and then after having somehow run a campaign that a group with an 80-90% approval of Trump likes more than they like Trump, translate that into a general election victory against an incredibly energized Democratic voter base. It's a near impossible task that no Democrat is going to thank them for trying, and no Republican is going to forgive them for doing. Every Republican with an eye to the post-Trump future is laying low and waiting for 2024.

17. drunkfish

drunkfish
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I just cannot figure out how requiring an ID to vote is either racist or suppressing voters. You must have an ID to drive a car, buy alcohol, get your lights turned on.. It just seems like another ploy to help Illegal Aliens to vote if you don't have to show some form of ID.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't understand this conspiracy theory. You think that illegal immigrants are walking up to polling booths, impersonating a legally registered voter from that precinct, crossing their fingers that said individual hasn't themselves voted yet, and then casting a single vote? You think that in a country where most of the actual citizens can't be bothered to vote, that large numbers of illegal immigrants are risking slam dunk felony convictions and eventual deportation in order to do it? Or do you think they're doing it at the point of registration, in which case they would again be committing a felony in order to enter their name and address into a government database that is scrutinized for exactly that sort of thing? What magical super-civically-engaged illegal aliens with terrible risk calculation skills are we talking about here?

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The democrats have this thing on election day where they drive busses around for poor people, cram them into the voting booth, and then promptly them back out on their ass. The ID laws diminish the success rate of this, or that's the complaint anyway.

There are a few places where illegal immigrants are allowed to vote, but it's only on shit that nobody cares about, like the school board.

I know in Obama's first election some illegal immigrants voted according to sources like WaPo, but it wasn't anywhere near enough to matter.

#9639 Kampf Trinker, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone here think if Beto threw his name in the ring he would become the immediate favorite over all the other dem candidates?

If charisma matters as much to voters in the same way it did with Obama, I see him immediately jumping to the front of the line.

There’s no a whole lot to attack him on, except for maybe lacking high level experience, but I don’t see it mattering too much if he’s in the right place in key issues.