Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh no, a competent Speaker of the House. Whatever shall we do.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Kamala Harris is debating a 2020 presidential run. Despite her stance on guns, I would fully support her.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not a single gun person will ever agree with the dems stance on guns going into the election season. It’s going to have to be a “hold your nose” type deal. There will be too much pressure from the far left to go hard anti gun.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Based on her last run as Speaker, I can’t tell if this serious or not.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you miss the medical marvel that we all just witnessed the last few years when doctors surgically removed Paul Ryan's spine?

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I'm about as fervent a "gun person" as you can be. I'm not sure how many actual gun control measures could ever pass on a national-level, at least with the SCT being the way it is now.

It's one of those things, for me at least, where just because I disagree with someone about one or two positions, doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't support them in general (Beto was very anti-2A and I supported him as well).

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't like the Dems' position on guns solely because it loses them a lot of votes they could otherwise very easily get, but at the same time I don't understand single issue gun voters at all. It's a hobby, learn to vote on what matters.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

If I lived in a place like california or new york, I would be a single-issue gun voter. Those places limit magazine capacity, and certain features on firearms (less than 10 rounds, have basically made illegal everything that makes the AR-style platforms so popular). Laws like that are not only unconstitutional, they have an immediate impact on my ability to defend myself, if I were to live or be in one of those states. So I recognize why a subset of "gun people" are single-issue 2A voters, just not everyone.

That being said, I live in a state (Texas) that fortunately protects my Constitutional rights and I'm not going to single-issue vote on something that has no direct impact on me, at the cost of otherwise supporting a candidate who's platform would have an immediate and direct impact on my well-being.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Oh so you can’t actually defend Pelosi, got it. Don’t worry, I can’t either. Neither can a bunch of congressional Democrats that tried to oust her.

Now I just have to assume you’re trolling.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Ever seen those signs that say "Family, God, Guns"?

They're fucking everywhere in the south. Even on bumper stickers.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Say that to a single issue abortion voter.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean performing abortions is my hobby, but I think for women it's more about access to healthcare.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I like it when my in-laws talk about how they vote for republicans because they (among other things) don’t support gay marriage because the Bible said so.

Guess they missed that whole sodomy part of the Bible then. Or how our Constitution doesn’t once mention the bible....

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s because your founding fathers HATED the fucking church. Ben Franklin said “Lighthouses have more uses than churches”. And paraphrasing Thomas Jefferson, he called Christianity “The greatest perversion ever to be unleashed upon mankind”.

I don’t know WHERE the fuck the yokels down there got the impression that USA is a Christian nation. It is not, and saying it is makes its creators spin in their graves.

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was part of the southern strategy. If you can find some sort of thing that you can use to make a group feel more superior to others, they will like you because of it. It’s also a clever way to get people to vote against their own economic interests by appealing to a higher power. Using religion to manipulate stupid people is humanity’s greatest past time.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dismissing and trivializing guns as just a "hobby" is why you see Democrats repeatedly stung at the ballot box.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Not really. Thats going to be a tough find in Massachusetts.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe that's a Texas thing? I have lived in the South most of my life. I travel regularly all over Georgia, SC, NC and Alabama. I might have seen one of those signs, and can't remember ever seeing that bumper sticker.

19. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A federal judge agreed ( from Jan. 2014 ):

The state Sheriffs' Association has advised its members to not enforce a law limiting a firearm magazine to seven bullets after a federal judge ruled it unconstitutional last week.

The judge in Buffalo ruled last Tuesday that most of New York's gun control law adopted a year ago is constitutional, rejecting most of the arguments made by gun-rights groups in their lawsuit against the state. The judge, however, said the state's seven-bullet limit in a magazine is "arbitrary" and shot it down.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the Democrats should drop it purely for electoral reasons, but it's still just a hobby. Some people collect guns, some people collect stamps. Some people go to the shooting range, some people go to the driving range. Some people go hunting, some people kick dogs on the side of the highway. These are hobby activities.