Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Or where he used money from there to buy a painting, of himself, for his golf course at Mar-a-Lago.

2. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Two of them, and one signed Tim Tebow helmet.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Jimmy Dore is my kind of liberal.

This might be the best segment Rogan ever had on his show. Both men are dead-on here about Seth Rich, fucking over Bernie Sanders and why the Democratic Party sucks so much now:

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

South Carolina GOP open to canceling state's 2020 primary to protect Trump from challenge

Did the DNC put their thumb on the scale for Hillary Clinton, an actual Democrat and their presumptive nominee, in order to protect her from getting roughed up in the primary by a challenger who wasn't going to beat her anyway? Probably. Did they murder Seth Rich over it? Absolutely not.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was told by liberals that tilting the scales for Hillary was just a pragmatic move by the party to support the candidate that had better ties to the DNC?

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

And the fingers point right back to Trump and the GOP; it’s like it was scripted. This type of response has got to be just reflexive for Democrats at this point. They just can’t handle any criticism of the party machine or Hillary Clinton. Right, I know. Beating a dead horse or something. All is forgiven and 100% fine since she didn’t win the election. Move along, little people. Her turn (for real this time) is 2 years away.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like that's in line with what I wrote, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's plenty to criticize the Democrats about, but to act like the 2016 Democratic Primary was the biggest con job in electoral history, where the Clintons were straight up murdering folk to save themselves from this unstoppable force called Bernie Sanders is absurd. Clinton was the stronger candidate, Bernie would have been eaten alive by the Republican smear machine if they thought he had a prayer of being the nominee, and the actual actions taken by the DNC (as opposed to the murderfest alleged by "I'm just asking questions" folk like Rogan) are so minor that the RNC is contemplating canceling a primary entirely and no one is batting an eye. Hillary will not be the Democrat nominee in 2020, she is done. There's no coming back from losing to Trump, so we as a country have a much higher priority in focusing on finding someone who can beat him.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

He didnt need the Republican smear machine, he was eaten by the Democratic one. Superdelegates pledged their votes far earlier than the primaries and caucuses. The DNC actively campaigned news outlets to suppress Sanders coverage, in addition to publishing hit pieces against him. Debate questions were leaked to Clinton ahead of time. Im not sure how how any of that individually or in aggregate is substantively more fair that not having a primary at all.

There is no "we as a country" having a priority, its the Democratic Party's priority. But they should to try to make more of a democratic process than a coronation.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Republicans are going to nominate Trump, so yes, "we as a country" have a priority to ensure that the Democrats don't fuck up their own nomination.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So they used a false flag to convince conservatives that the existing false flag was truly a false flag? How many levels deep are we and has anyone seen DiCaprio?

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mattis retiring in February. If you've ever wondered how to write "fuck you" while sounding like a soldier and a gentleman, his retirement letter is it.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Like Colin Powell before him, he was too good for that crew.

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is a really destabilizing move. He was one of the few people who kept the wheels on. A lot can go wrong in the lame duck period.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I hold Mattis in very high esteem. I wonder if he knows this is all coming to a head sooner rather than later? I think we are in for a couple very busy months.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is very much a reaction to the Syria pullout, which Mattis strongly advised against. It sounds like it was the last straw, as Mattis was sick of being the lone voice speaking for the value of strategic alliances and the US's word being worth something on the world stage, and constantly being ignored for it.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

When you have one smart person in a room full of idiots, and you take the smart person away, what are you left with?

Who’s replacing him? Sheriff Clarke and his ten-gallon sombrero?

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

My first instinct was to joke it would be Arpaio.... then I realized that was so stupid it might actually happen.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That is probably how the events unfolded. I am being optimistic. The other option is that shit is currently burning to the ground.