Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If people are really too retarded to realize that they aren't being civil then there's not a lot of hope.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe not all of them, but the Iowa Fourth District just reelected a white nationalist.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If that was here, by me, then I apologize. This isn't a paying gig (quite the opposite), and as much as I try my best to be fair, sometimes things get heated and I overreact a little too quickly. Especially if it's stupid bullshit that people are harping on and I've been drinking. It's nothing personal.

More than anything I think we can all agree that talking politics is a potential nuclear meltdown for a forum like this. Many people said we should never do it, and only bad shit will come of it. In an attempt to show that the vast majority of people can be civil and carry on respectful conversations with each other, this particular thread was quite heavily moderated to basically shut down any hint of behaviour that contradicted that request to be civil and respectful.

If there was some collateral damage along the way, I hope you understand how it could have happened, and don't take it personally.

All in all, to date, I'm really quite happy with the vast majority of behaviour around here... we haven't really devolved into monkeys flinging shit at each other like the main stream media outlets, and for that I am grateful, and thank everyone for their efforts.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

^Agreed with Nett. Its not a perfect operation by the moderation team and we've lost some good members along the way due to frustrations around one topic or another, particularly in this thread or the serious thread, but 99% of the time the conversations are generally fine. If they get out of hand, the issues usually dissipate fairly quickly. We've survived 445 pages of RvD bullshit.

@Jimmy James - I hope you choose to stick around, but we understand if you dont.

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sessions resigned.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Wow... I wonder why?

So many possibilities...

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Please let this be the start of trump trying to fire mueller. That would be hilarious. Especially now.

Shouldn’t he be ready getting his tax returns in order anyway?

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’d rather not waste another thought on the sawed-off twerp. One more toxic turd flushed.

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be honest, I don't think we have. Most of the people that left over this thread were the posters preaching and yelling at everyone who didn't agree with them. Really couldn't give less of a shit if Nom and D26 don't want to post anymore. Besides, it's spared us from hearing D26 endlessly whine about his inlaws in all the other threads.

I don't know how much I actually care about Sessions being let go. Yeah, it's supposed to be another HUGE red flag... but it's been almost 2 years and there's essentially nothing directly tying Trump to collusion with Putin or anything like that. People like to make the point that these investigations tend to go on forever, and that is true, but it's also true that they're often politically motivated, and that is often the reason they take forever to end. I can't really agree that it's always out of merit or necessity.

Let's pretend for a moment that Trump is innocent of any wrong doing with Russia. I know a lot of you don't believe that, but just pretend with me for a moment. Then this really is nothing but an investigation that is supposed to never end by design while he's in office, and it suddenly becomes a lot more understandable why it irritates the shit out of him. That doesn't make any of his reactions all that reasonable, but considering we still don't have any real compelling evidence I'm starting to lean towards not giving a shit about the whole thing. If Mueller catches a few more Manaforts along the way then that's great, but until there's something that actually makes Trump looking guilty I don't really give a shit about it beyond hoping a few more rats go down the drain.

Also, I think Mueller owes the American people some kind of explanation or update at this point. I'm not saying he should lay out everything he has, but this is been going on for long enough that he should at least give some kind of statement, and some sort of rationale as to why it's still worth the effort to investigate Trump.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So Whitaker is a real winner- finished fourth in his only primary and has worked in the DOJ for less than a year. And now he’s in charge of a 16-month investigation probe he wants destroyed. Fucking clown shoes.

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not yet. You won’t see that shit until the new Congress in seated in January. What will happen over the next couple of months is going to be insane.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The Dems are already saying that if Mueller is fired or fucked with then they'd put Meuller on live TV.

The House is now Dem controlled, and they have subpoena powers.

I'm not sure that Trump can kill off the investigation without some serious repercussions or reactions at this point.

15. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Republicans had completely disavowed him until he died, at which point they aggressively supported him because if he won they'd get to name his replacement. Just another wonderful feature of our fucked up democracy.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Lol. And apparently after Ron Jeremy gave the eulogy, he signed the boobs of some mourners.

What a showman.

Live look at Trump firing Sessions:

19. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I ain't going nowhere. At least until Nett gets drunk and angry again.

That didn't take long. Rosenstein got taken off the Mueller investigation. Sessions' body isn't even cold yet. They couldn't have waited for this guy to even move into Jeffy's office yet?

Oh hey, look, an op-ed from the guy taking over the investigation!

I'm looking at Trump's Politifact scorecard, and he's a combined 69% when making mostly false, false and pants on fire public statements. Anybody with a shred of objectivity can see that Trump lies more often than he doesn't. I am honestly curious why you think anybody should believe Trump is telling the truth about anything, let alone anything he has to say about Russia?

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It has nothing to do with what Trump says. It's because I'm not seeing anything tying him to it. Let's face it, Mueller has come up with jack shit as far as proving Trump's guilty of collusion.

If I was Trump I would give it another 6 months or so and then say "Fuck this, the democrats don't ever want this to end, why am I enabling it?" Can you envision any scenario where the democrats admit they are satisfied? I really can't. At some point this is nothing other than bullshit political harassment. We aren't there... yet.

People are suspicious because they're suspicious isn't a good enough reason for him to be investigated forever. Sure, at the beginning there was smoke, but it hasn't led anywhere that makes it likely Trump is guilty. I have no doubt it will unveil other things, but Trump and Putin making a backdoor deal? I'm starting to really doubt it.

Besides, it's almost like democrats act at times like they need this to be true or something. They don't. They just need to put up someone who isn't a totally far left looney or complete piece of shit and they'll win in a landslide.