Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Abolishing the 13th doesn't get rid of the exception in the 13th, it just makes everything an exception.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He did clarify he meant amend it instead of abolishing it entirely. Still his point was lost on many people.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When you use a word with the complete opposite meaning to what you intend, points tend to get lost.

4. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Can I just state that I don't think I can possibly give less of a fuck about what Kanye says, regardless of his political allegiance of the moment?

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You think you’re alone? He probably plays with his own poop.

6. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

ftfy

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well, this can't be good... https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/su...vanaugh-anxious-come-forward-evidence-n915566

Text messages suggest Kavanaugh wanted to refute accuser's claim before it became public

The texts between Berchem and Karen Yarasavage, both friends of Kavanaugh, suggest that the nominee was personally talking with former classmates about Ramirez’s story in advance of the New Yorker article that made her allegation public. In one message, Yarasavage said Kavanaugh asked her to go on the record in his defense. Two other messages show communication between Kavanaugh's team and former classmates in advance of the story.
    Kavanaugh told the Senate Judiciary Committee under oath that the first time he heard of his former Yale classmate Deborah Ramirez’s allegation that he exposed himself to her in college was in a Sept. 23 article in The New Yorker.

If those texts show that he was trying to get out of it before his session, and then lied under oath that he only heard about it after it went public, that's kind of a big deal.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I remember reading somewhere that the female prosecutor the GOP hired for Ford's part of the hearing, the reason why she was gone after the first break during the Kavanaugh part was that she told the committee that because Kavanaugh had lied to her during the hearing she was obligated to read him his rights before she continued. So they dismissed her after the break.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mitch McConnell doesn't care.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

A judge should know that doing that sort of thing is baaaaaad.
    What was he, in a diabetic coma for the last two weeks? Fucking old fool needs to give it up and go run out the clock in Florida.

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh man, you're gonna be so excited when you learn about "China People"

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Turns out this dude is a walking (collapsed) gold mine of great lines. I knew I was missing the funny parts of politics tuning it out as much as I have in the last few months.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Wasn’t that the fuckwad who violated miners’ safety and rights after 29 of them were killed and was thrown in jail for it? And he’s running for Senate in a coal state?

That guy is honestly one of the worst people in your entire country, flat out.

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The headlines like to keep it vague because that one isn't nearly as juicy when you get into it. Basically, she asked if his calendar lined up with Ford's accusation and he said no. That's technically a lie because the time frame of her accusation is so wide it obviously could have. I'm sure, ahem, some are very excited about it, but really it's pretty worthless.

The cock in the face texts are going to do him in though. The fact that he lied about it will be more than enough(and it should be), regardless of what people think about doing that in general. I'm kind of sad he lied about it. Partially because I like him as a judge, but more so because I think if he had just admitted to it it would have led to endless conversations on the senate floor about how exactly did you he stick your dick in her face and what exactly was your intention when you stuck your dick in her face? What does a dick in the face really mean? Good talking points for the windbags in our congress.

It sounds like he did it because she was really naive and shy, had clearly lived a sheltered life before college, and they wanted to fuck with her so that definitely puts it on the cruel side anyway. Not that there is a, uh, polite way to do that. In another circumstance it might be more forgivable because guys do dumb shit like this to each other all the time, and it's conceivable a dumbass college kid might actually not totally know what a shithead he was being, but her story read like she was the kind of person who is going to get preyed on by jackals as a freshman so it's pretty clear he just did it to be an asshole.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Wait... WHAT?!?

Is that like the dick-in-the box SNL thing? Did he just put his cock in some girl's face as like a gift to her?

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nah, the other dick in the face way. Obviously WE ALL do that to be romantic, but here's the story.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The second accuser says that he pulled a dick-in-a-box-without-the-box type deal at a party in college. Orrin Hatch asked him when he first heard about the accusation, and he said after it was published in The New Yorker. Text messages would seem to indicate he was aware of the accusation and trying to get friends to refute it well before that. So whether he actually did it or not is still unknown, but the fact that he lied about it under oath seems established.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Based on that article I think not quite, just yet, but close yeah. The other thing that I think makes him screwed within 24-48 hours is that the other guys who were there aren't going to lie about this because it's not like it's a serious crime, so the risks of getting slapped with lying to the FBI, or under oath are way higher than just admitting to it. He's pretty well fucked.