Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, there has been, which is how I know what you just said is complete horseshit. Maybe you should try reading some of the studies they don't like linking to on www.feministing4datruth.org. I love how when they analyze the "not our narrative studies" they throw out ANY that don't conform to the myth that false accusations happen more than 2% of the time. Why? Because those studies are misogynist, that's why.

Yes, sexual assault happens quite often, false accusations less so, but if we're talking comparisons the only way you get to these low, low numbers is if you say every time there isn't definitive proof that an accusation is false it is therefore true. Take your FBI study, they pegged it at 8% they would conclude are false(with the real number likely being higher), but then feminists tacked on more criteria. Not because that was necessary or made sense, they just wanted the number to be lower. Science, you know?

If there are definitively false accusations in a study every other accusation must be true. If there are too many definitively false accusations, the study doesn't count, so feminist logic goes.

Wiki actually gives a fairly decent look at the body of research. There is no correct answer, any more than there is a correct answer about what percentage aren't reported, but just because feminists are mad at retards who yell out the story doesn't make sense because the woman didn't go to the police 5 seconds after her rapist ejaculated doesn't make it a good idea to propagate wish science.

2. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's get crazy and say 1/10 accusations are false. I'm still going to give accusers the benefit of the doubt because 90% is a lot better than 10%. And again, I'm not saying I think people should be convicted without investigation on nothing but one person's testimony, I'm just arguing that accusers usually aren't lying and don't deserve to be treated like lying trash with some kind of nefarious agenda to ruin men.

Edited because I can't type.

3. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sexual assault is terrible and anyone turning an eye away from someone reporting it should be held accountable.

However, assasinating someone’s character should be held at the same level as our criminal convictions. My neighbor in the dorm in college was accused of date rape. Had to take a semester off as the investigation proceeded. She ended up confessing it was false and she disappeared- no charges.

I’m not saying that’s the norm. I’m saying sexual assault accusations should be held at the same level as criminal charges. The defendant is basically ostracized from society, a lot of times after the name is cleared. That’s a very small step up from imprisonment without the same burden of proof.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of the bigger issues though is it seems the #metoo does want to water down due process or ignore it completely if what if the "misconduct" it isn't criminally prosecutable. You don't get to be on the Supreme Court, you don't deserve to have a career in entertainment, social media lynch mobs(ie mob rule, trying a case in the court of public opinion), colleges have to lower the bar to clear more cases, etc. On top of that is watering down of sexual assault, the new vernacular being "sexual misconduct" if it doesn't rise to what would be described as criminal assault. Something like Al Franken's leaving his hand on a lady's midriff for a few moments more than she felt comfortable with or Aziz Ansri not picking up signals between his date sucking his cock. The implication being false accusations or simple misunderstandings of very grey situations of "sexual misconduct" could be well above the specific false rape statistic. According to the self appointed leaders, read:Hollywood, every woman must be believed and every offense needs to be treated as if it is the worst.

I get that the default setting has been traditionally to be shit on the female accuser. There has to be some level available to question the accusations and it doesn't even have to be claiming they are malicious. Ford might not be a Soros pussy hat plant but very easily could have been mistaken on who it was. The whole doppelganger argument might be a easy mocking point on Twitter but there are mountains of scientific evidence and plenty of falsely convicted criminals, death row convicted criminals, that attest to how bad the human memory is and how unreliable eye witness testimony can be. I don't see how raising that point is out of line. You throw teenage/college level drinking on top of that?

5. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dismissing the entire me too movement based two of the most reactionary responses is a similar kind of bullshit but we don’t really need to hash that out here because I know it wont get anywhere.

In re: Brett Kavanaugh, he is a shitbag who shouldn’t be on the Supreme Court regardless of sexual assault allegations at this point. he’s handled himself poorly and made all sorts of conspiracy theory claims while lying through is teeth and throwing a tantrum. Do I think he probably did shitty things to women as a wasted teenager? Fuck yes. Would I send him to jail on Ford’s testimony alone? No. But that isn’t what the hearing is about. It’s about whether or not he should be appointed for life to the Supreme Court. And none of my arguments have been about criminal proceedings, which I think I have reiterated multiple times.

Also, in regards to the fallibility of memory, I totally agree that memory is trash and eyewitnesses are generally unreliable, but there’s a big difference between misidentifying a stranger in a lineup and misidentifying or misremembering a person who is known to you who is attacking you.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not dismissing the entire movement, don't know where you are getting that, just a bigger issue it needs to address if it wants wider acceptance. I think it ties in with our discussion here. If your not going to go through the judicial system, for something that may fall outside it, you're still going to want a similar logical process, with concrete terms and boundaries, in work places, in schools, rules for candidates for x, y, z office and so on. Relying on "well this isn't a courtroom" means you're leaving it up to public opinion/pressure, which will get you a few things, more people railroaded as the mob has been traditionally bad at accessing guilt and results that you may not want when the public ends up not caring or actively disagrees with you. Say like Louis CK getting standing a ovation for a half assed 15 minute set or Brett Kavenaugh being appointed to the Supreme Court.

7. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alleged.

8. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Would the #metoo movement be considered vigilantism?

9. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You should pitch The Federalist with this.

Better yet, send it to Kanye and get a songwriting credit.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On his hit song "Repeal the 13th Amendment"

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Kanye doesn't know how to spell "13th"

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As to the state of the investigation:

Ramirez seems the most credible of the accusers so far, so if she has corroborating witnesses I think Kavanaugh is done for. I have no idea if the Ford investigation can actually go anywhere in a week, if even a year.
    Does this mean people will finally stop throwing tantrums whenever they don't get exactly what they want right this NYC fucking minute? Just kidding.

Of course it is. Can't wait to vote for my local blue shitheads come November. Ugh.

I'm sure people want to bathe in his blood too, and I could understand that if the 3rd accuser's claims go anywhere. So far it's just sailing in the breeze.

It seems so, so appropriate that this whole thing will likely come down to a surprise cock in the face because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

It would be pretty hard for democrats to take a senate majority given the map for the this rotation, but with republicans getting clobbered in states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Ohio who knows? I suppose the future of the supreme court predictions can wait until the ink is dry on Kavanaugh.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When Netflix drops a doc on the 13th Amendment being the direct link between slavery and modern day black incarceration rates (with help from the NRA of course), it's woke as fuck. When Kanye agrees and suggest the same argument made in the film, amending the clause that allows this, everyone looses their shit because he's a Trump supporter.

16. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Take a look at how much money the monster ISP's paid to get Net Neutrality removed and you'll see why they're pissed and want back what they paid for.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/11/16746230/net-neutrality-fcc-isp-congress-campaign-contribution

And it's not just one party... they ALL took the payoffs.

18. Raskolnikov

Raskolnikov
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Just as an aside what exactly is that documentary you are referring to?

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

So you see the problem, yes? This is what Kanye was talking about, he just sucks balls at getting his point across ever since Kim sucked his brains out thru his urethra.