Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Apparently McCain has specifically dis-invited Trump from his funeral service, and not only is Obama specifically invited, he's giving the eulogy.

I can only imagine that just about every living past President will be there... but Trump won't be.

This could be entertaining.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

George Bush Jr. will also be speaking. You know.... when W. and his election rival is invited, and you’re not, even when you’re the current president....

...you know you done fucked up.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

If trump hasn't realize he's fucked up at this point, I doubt he receives this message.

I'm sure he'll spin it like it's just another example of McCain's cowardice and how he's not a true patriot. And his base will eat it up.

4. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

George W. was *also* his election rival, back in 2000. And it was Karl Rove who put out the word that McCain's adopted daughter was really his secret love child. Dirty as fuck, and I'd be surprised if he ever forgave that.

5. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They already think that. The current narrative going around is that McCain turned snitch while in captivity, hence the "songbird" nickname that's seen recent use. I guess they went thru the trouble of breaking his arms just to make it look good.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He also used a hit piece in the primary that...ahem.... stated McCain supported breast cancer. The disease, not the cure.

Le sigh.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

As if 99.99% of those turds wouldn’t sell out their own children five seconds after getting their finger put in a pliers.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, because that's the kinda person who would refuse to be released early just because his father was a high-ranking military official, and instead demand release with the rest of the POWs.

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like if Trump released a real statement praising McCain’s war hero history, people would have shat on it(understandably) considering how he has spoken about him before. But now that he’s pretty much said nothing, they are shitting on him for that. A lose/lose for him. But then he just tweeted about his approval ratings which is just insane and wapo released a story about how members of the press team drafted a statement praising McCain and Trump gave it the axe. In this case, saying nothing and having people just call you a piece of shit is better than still being one at every opportunity.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If he made a statement that was legit, from him, unpolished but genuine, I think he would have been fine.

Instead, it was an obviously PR-crafted message (unlike the other 99% of his tweets), that still didn't talk about McCain himself, only his family, and included a PICTURE OF TRUMP... that he then followed up with a bunch of inane shit immediately to have it scroll away.

On top of that, he squashed any official White House statement about McCain's death.

He's a petty fucking child who is glad McCain is dead but is being forced to make a "nice" statement that he doesn't believe.

It wasn't a guaranteed "lose/lose", it was a chance for him to grow up and gain some respect from other people. Instead he did exactly what everyone thought he was going to do... because he can't help himself.

11. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not only did he tweet about them, but afaik he lied about them. He doesn’t have a 52% approval rating, but a 52% disapproval rating according to the polls I saw today.

12. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the reason I couldn't support or vote for Trump from the very day he announced he was running. It was never for the betterment of the country, it was about him and the "Trump" brand.

How anyone is surprised by this or still able to proudly stand behind him is beyond me.

13. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So the White House flag is back at fullstaff today. Supposed to wait until after the funeral on Sunday, but you know...

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.

U.S. Flag Code states that flags be lowered "on the day of death and the following day for a Member of Congress."

15. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If ANYONE in that White House had even a bit of passive aggressiveness in them their statement would’ve been:

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the McCain family at this time. John McCain was a political force of nature whose legacy will be felt by generations.”

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

If McCains death was the symbolic end of the old GOP, I guess brain cancer is a fitting end to it.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Trump claims he is terminating NAFTA and no one is quite sure what that means given he doesn't have the power to do so without congressional assent. Newspapers are basically reporting it as "The President said some shit, but you know how he says shit right?" which is basically the frog at full boil if you haven't been paying attention to the degradation of the office.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I just imagine it like an SNL skit.

"I have the power. I have all of the powers!!!"
    *someone whispers in his ear* "mr. president, no, you can't actually do that"
    ".... oh. Well, in that case, get Michael Cohen on the phone! He'll fix this!"

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know. But CNN Money thinks he does have the power to undo what Ross Perot tried to stop.
    https://money.cnn.com/2016/07/06/news/economy/trump-nafta/index.html

Maybe he can switch Megamaid from suck to blow, like in Spaceballs.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The question isn't whether the US has the authority to leave the agreement unilaterally (it does), it's whether the President has the authority to speak for the United States on this matter. It's an open question; the only times it's come up previously the courts have punted on procedural grounds.