Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

From this NY Times article:

I could not possibly give less off a fuck that Trump paid of Daniels, even if he misappropriated funds to do it. I actually care about all the damage he's doing to this country legally - gutting the EPA, destroying the Department of Education - but obviously him being a colossal fuck up and piece of shit isn't an impeachable offense. So here I am, hoping for something, anything that can be used as an excuse to get this fucker out of office. And hopefully Pence as well, since he's probably worse anyway. But it bothers me that it's shit like this that needs to be proffered as a way to kick him out instead of the actual horrible job he's doing.

Yet I feel this is nothing more than a reflection of society and culture as it is right now. How many of us can think of a time when we worked with a worthless shitbag who was terrible at their job but couldn't be fired because reasons - until they broke some stupid, insignificant company policy that was used as a pretext for getting rid of them. Why can't we just be honest about this shit anymore?

#7181 Trakiel, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Times have changed . . . all of (Bill) Clinton's suspected kills were just to cover up sex stuff and some shady real estate profit, the Arkansas way. Trump's suspected ones will be New Jersey mobster-style because of hook-ups with Russians.

3. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In truth, there's no way to ensure besides level of schooling and transcripts, and that's no guarantee. What we NEED to do, and hopefully we've learned this lesson by now, is formalize and codify these rules of government so in the worst case scenario of another Trump being elected, the motherfucker can't get by on unethical loopholes for personal gain. Never again should the words "it's not actually illegal" serve as a defense.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It depends on the context.

Fun fact, I was once invited to the White House to provide insight into online privacy in education due to my work at my last job... had to turn it down, unfortunately, but still, people that actually work in a particular field know who the brains of that field are. We were recognized as being leaders in that aspect of what we were doing, and were involved in a number of industry technical working groups that worked on industry standards, etc.

If you're talking about Net Neutrality, for instance, you don't bring in the execs from the major carriers as the exclusive members of your panel... you include technicians, and other people that have a history in the field. People that can understand the technical and societal impacts of such regulation.

The goal should be to educate and inform... to see another side of the issue, and understand how it impacts everyone... not as an exclusive group to pass legislation to further an industry's profits.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

7. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Make
    Attorneys
    Get
    Attorneys

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Trump’s response? Cohen plead guilty, but commuted NO CRIME.

Hooooooooly shit. How much dumber can he get? I swear he stole the red stone from Thanos, and now he’s crafting his own reality and demanding everyone to accept it.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well, to be fair, Cohen didn't actually commute a crime...

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I was wrong.

The website Lanny was pimping for Cohen didn't exist. At least it didn't when he promoted it on national TV. It does now....it redirects you to Trump's campaign website.

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually, based on the article it sounds like it does exist. He just gave the wrong URL.

You have to credit career pieces of shit for evaluating the situation and saying "Hey, I can still make money off of this."

If this is for real, he's been doing quite well over the last couple of hours since that article was posted. Make that $120k.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So Weisselberg, Trump’s keeper of finance, has been granted immunity in the Cohen probe. But since Cohen has already plead guilty it should be interesting what he’ll have to say.

13. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't forget Pecker, the National Enquirer guy. The target is Trump, and these two know everything.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Trump’s latest defence is that if he’s impeached the stock market will crash. Yeah, it’s all you big boy.

C5965336-C0ED-4A8D-BF6A-CB643B22DBDC.jpeg

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

.......aaaaaaaaand now he’s trashing his own attourney general on twitter. He really is a fucking timebomb.

16. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

In fairness to Trump, most reputable firms refused represent Trump so Cohen was probably the best of his available options. Of course, the reasons why reputable firms won't represent him is another thing...

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He was trashing Sessions.

18. Nothingdoing

Nothingdoing
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

And continuing the say Hilary should be locked up.

He does realise he won quite a while ago right??

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If anyone has seen "Who Is America", you might get some insight into that from the "world's biggest mosque" episode.

The Town Hall meeting attendees were pretty pissed off when they thought a mosque was coming to town, but they went absolutely apeshit when they found out that it was going to be paid for by the Clinton Foundation.

They seemed more pissed off at Clinton than they were racist against Muslims. And they said, "we barely allow the blacks here".

It's a red flag thing... a simple go-to to rally their base and get them fired up.

20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The tactics are dangerous and dirty as fuck, but GOP have always been better at politics, whether or not you agree with them. They endanger the lives of monority groups and other at-risk types because it gets the insanely ignorant types to back them. Tell them who or what the problem is and then tell them that you have the solution to their problems.