Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It appears that Cohen has flipped. ABC is reporting a tentative plea deal for bank fraud, tax fraud, and campaign finance violations. What he will testify to in exchange remains to be seen.

Avenatti quickly tweeted that this will lift the stay on the civil case, which can now proceed. He believes he will get Trump under oath in a deposition on the matter, which should also be interesting.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Why would Cohen surrender to the FBI? Can’t he just accept the fact that this is a witch hunt?

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, it’s all a deepstatecrookedhillarypizzagate13angrydemocrats conspiracy theory.

4. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Buttery Males!?

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Is there anything funnier than the fact people still believe PizzaGate to be a real thing? Even after some idiot shot the place up and was sent to prison for it.

So has anybody that been arrested and prosecuted been found innocent yet? Besides Manafort (because the verdict isn’t in) everyone has been guilty. Cohen has plead guilty and will go to jail. But he won’t be getting the maximum sentence, because he’s no doubt dropping dimes.

6. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Trump tweet storm that's actual obstruction of justice in 5....4...3.....

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Wow. Still batting 1.000 with guilty Trump cohorts on trial. How did he hire all these criminals without ever knowing anything about their sinister backdoor deals? They must be really smart to put one over on somebody like the President Of The United States. Good thing he busted them, they were giving him a bad name.

God I hope somehow Giuliani sill gets eaten alive, with how thoroughly rotten of a human being he is there has to be something in him. There is no legacy I would love to see destroyed more, I masturbate to the thought of watching him shrivelling up in the sun like a snail and dying.

9. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Apparently nothing?

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Trump will pardon Manafort next week. He was his campaign manager, he’s more American than ANY of you. Just like Sheriff Joe.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yea this is why people don’t trust the media. The headline says he “implicates Trump.” He didn’t implicate him at all. That’s the definition of fake news. Why doesnt CNN just fucking report it accurately? There’s plenty of interest content there already.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Because they all have agendas and a viewership they pander to.

13. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How is trump not implicated when Cohen said that he made an illegal payment under specific direction from trump?

That’s a genuine question. I’m not being snarky.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Am I just missing it somewhere in there? Let me know if I am. I thought the article just said he’s being charged with campaign finance violations in connection with his work for Trump, which was running the campaign. That’s not the same as an implication that Trump ordered him to take campaign money to pay her off. Or maybe it was in another linked article I missed? Tough to keep up.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The plea mentions doing things for and at the direction of "an unnamed candidate". Everyone seems to be drawing the (rather obvious to me, at least) conclusion that the unnamed candidate is in fact Trump.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-lawyer-cohen-plea-deal-1.4793381

In a deal reached with federal prosecutors, Cohen, 51, pleaded guilty to eight counts in all, including tax evasion and making a false statement to a financial institution. He could get about four to five years in prison at sentencing on Dec. 12.

In entering the plea, Cohen did not specifically name the two women or Trump, recounting instead that he worked with an "unnamed candidate." But the amounts and the dates all lined up with the payments made to Daniels and Karen McDougal.​

16. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know its not about campaign funds being used. The problem is that Cohen made an in-kind contribution to trump by paying stormy. The violation comes by not reporting that contribution.

But he’s saying trump directed him to commit that payment and maybe he was told to not report it. I’m sure there are legal hairs that can and will be split about this, but iirc we do already have trump lying about this in public by saying that Cohen acted on his own and he knew nothing about the stormy payment.

17. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because sensationalism sells.

Tabloids and gossip appeal to the lowest common denominator.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Ok that helps clarify it a bit, thanks. Still doesn’t excuse CNN from editorializing the shit out of it though, but that’s another issue.

19. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wish someone could explain the constitutional justification for lobbyists and pardons without smirking.

20. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nobody can. It's always been this way. The only solution is to nuke the DC Metro area from space until a crater the size Chicxulub is created. Sometimes the only way to save it is to destroy it. So said the US Government during Vietnam, that's how you know it is legit.