Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I have no doubt that they are heavily reliant on exporting to the US... but by the same token, the US is heavily dependent on importing from China.

And again, I'm very curious about what the end game is.

The US has nowhere near the resources, infrastructure, or manpower to replace that source any time soon... so what is the goal of the tariff?

2. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Worth noting that they are much better prepared to weather this storm politically too. Xi isn’t facing dubious election prospects two years from now.

If Trump’s gambit doesn’t work then he is going to be explaining himself to a hell of a lot of pork and soybean producers it looks like.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I got my father in law a pair of knipex pliers for father’s day. I told him they were made in Germany and he went on this MAGA-style rant about how he only buys tools that are American made now and that’s the way it should be blah blah blah

I asked to look in his truck’s tool box. Turns out using my phone to find where the OEM is located is cheating. Who woulda thought China made so many quality products?

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

China’s economic bread is buttered by it’s fixed investment sector, which has at its slowest rate since the 90s. This is driven in part by infrastructure projects. Their GDP has been growing for 3 quarters in part due to shipping companies and manufacturers heavily front-loading exports due to anticipation of US tariffs.

Their biggest problem is that firms keep defaulting and the central bank tries to either cover it up or cover the loss. They can only fake it for so long.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

SPACE FORCE!!!!

Yes this administration can get dumber, and will continue to do so.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Meh, it's kind of already a thing... more than 30k military personnel are actually part of the existing space command that was formed in 1985, and just about every military branch has elements that are part of it. (I think NASA is around 15k or so, if I remember correctly, just to put it into perspective.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Space_Command

All this is really doing is becoming a re-organization of already existing resources... not creating Starship Troopers or something.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yet Trump would watch it and think it’s a good idea rather than realize it’s a satire.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah but the memes are so fucking good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#6528 Aetius, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Also: does it take a white oak stake through the heart to kill off Kellyann Conway, this grotesque freak of nature? It’s pretty hard to take an administration seriously when it hangs off the word of a lying, dried-up sociopath.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eeh you canucks use those cross boarder pick up stations all the time and under declare at the boarder since the enforcement is so lax. It’s human nature.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No. I never lie to those border patrol sociopaths, because they’ll use you as a dress-up doll if they feel so much as bored. You’d have to be an idiot to lie to customs. They have your life on the computer right in front of them, and they’ll use that to rip you apart. However coming back we deal with Canadian customs who are far and away better than America’s.

And if America wants to bitch about this and ban it, you can kiss an abyss of cash and jobs goodbye considering how much money Canadians spend in the States. Disneyworld won’t pull so well once its only the fat locals attending it. And since they own your country, they won’t stand for it.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m sure it’s only a coincidence that Trump is leaving the human rights council while he’s firing up his wonderous little child concentration camp down there in Texas. I have no doubt that they’re having a blast in there and absolutely none of them will die of neglect in the near future. He’s now got his followers to agree that kidnapping babies is patriotic. What circus seals they are.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

He's now signing an order to stop that kiddie concentration camp thing that he said he never had the authority to stop or was his fault in the first place.

I find it very interesting that the kiddie concentration camp thing hasn't really been brought up around here.

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait till a kid dies. I can’t wait for the mental gymnastics where it somehow becomes the 6 year olds fault.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m sure there are a few kids that are already dead. It’s not like they brought in primary caregivers to watch over them, tuck them in and read stories. No, it’s trained cocksuckers with guns. Thugs who will arrest you for trying to reveal the treasures within. But, apparently somebody took photos anyway:
    20D1EE23-4C58-4ABE-8C19-BF0056D0DA57.jpeg

...looks more fun than Cedar Point. I wish I could send my daughter there right now.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I also find it hilarious how those geniuses who barked about Obama putting naysayers in concentration camps are shrugging their shoulders at the fact it’s actually happening in real life to children. And the general reaction is “We don’t like it, but we HAVE to rip children screaming from their parents’ arms. That’s freedom.”

Trump didn’t just create a cult of a hundred million morons, they became sociopaths to boot.

#6537 Crown Royal, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well there’s not much to say other than it’s terrible, which seems to be a fairly universal sentiment. However I do think the reporting on it was timed with the release of the IGs report, but who knows. Here are photos of the same detention camps from 2014:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That’s four years ago. Again, Both terrible and this is a huge issue for the administration. But we happen to have an election in 5 months. And the Democrats will need to use this as a rallying cry.

Trumps an idiot for not acting on it sooner. He didn’t know he could sign an executive order? Really? He didn’t care. He had to cancel a party to deal with it. The horror. Not even putting these people in cells, but putting them away from their own children. What a disaster.

At the same time, there is a little personal responsibility at play here on behalf of the migrants themselves. There’s zero chance of being separated from their children if they aren’t trying to skirt the laws to get in. And we’re supposed to deal with the human trafficking issue? Fuck that. Let Mexico deal with it, they’re the ones causing it. That place is a complete disaster and the Mexican government so incredibly corrupt at this point that any legitimate politician has no power.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nett mentioned that he was surprised that it hadn't been brought up. Part of it for me, is it's very hard to discuss or find a position based on the myriad facts and grey areas. One the one hand, I am not heartless, and having to separate innocent children from parents into less than country club camp conditions is terrible. On the other hand, if a single mother is arrested for her third drunk driving, they don't put the kids in jail with her or release her just because she's got kids.

One article I read mentioned that yes, these policies and "camps" have been in place for some time, but it's not just Mexicans trying to illegally come in anymore. More and more Central Americans are making their way north and taking advantage of porous entry policies. Trump has very much said he wants to stop those policies however he can for security reasons. What's especially troubling to me, is that another news report mentioned that after yesterday's order, there was no clarity on what happens to the 2300 children currently separated. 2300. If THAT number of children has been separated in recent days, how many adults trying to gain illegal entry does that represent? And, those are just the ones that were caught. How many more are not? And, how many more are even traveling with children? People are living in some kind of bizarre fantasy world if they think that only hard-working laborers from Mexico, who are trying to make a better life for their family, are the ones taking advantage of easy entry.

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    All I hear/read is bitching, but no possible solutions, which tells me it's not about the illegals or their children....it's all about politics and nothing more.

A wall is inhumane, separating children from their parents is inhumane. we already have laws against holding minors and unrelated adults together, so what do we do?

At this point it would appear to me that the only solution is absolute zero crossings. None. I don't care how dangerous your home country is or who is after you, you can't come in. We can't separate your family, we can't house your children with you, so sorry and good luck.