Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Yeah those Emails Jr released were.... uhm.... reading it I was reminded of this:

I'm not sure what his understanding of the word "collusion," but it doesn't exactly align with the legal definition by a long shot.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Circling back to this, story from the New Yorker seems to confirm most of the details above. Information came from a SAR (Suspicious Activity Report) filed by First Republic Bank and was leaked by a law enforcement officer who had access. What is interesting is that the justification given by the leaker is that there were two more SARs filed, but were absent from the Treasury's official records.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Huh. This is the first piece of evidence since the investigation began that makes me think there is serious money laundering. Id like to know more about why the SARs were filed. They can be filed for just about anything, usually its for suspicion of structuring of deposits. If this hits discovery in the court room, FinCEN is going to have to justify the confidentiality breach.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Now Giuliani is saying (for what that's worth) that it's likely Trump will interview with Mueller.

This being a president who, if the reports are correct, is unwilling to prep for talks with north korea.

Mueller and his pet Avenatti have to be licking their lips right now.

10. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

"Ambulance chaser", "Mueller's pet", well alright then. Lionel Hutz be killing it.

11. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today I did something for the first time in my 30 years of voting: I voted in a Democratic primary. I can't stand any of the Republican candidates for Georgia governor, so I wanted to try to help the better of the two Democrats.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Didn’t they already confirm that it didn’t happen?

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same here. Trump is a jackass and at this point I'm just waiting for the next election, which the democrats are going to have a really hard time losing. Nothing short of another Hillary run is going to keep him in office.

As for most the senators, they can eat shit for all I care. "Oh, look at the Mueller investigation. We're just holding Trump accountable." Yeah, I'm sure Menendez is innocent too.

I'm following the updates, but it seems like there's 4-5 stories every day the media pumps out that has people losing their shit. They haven't gotten the dirt they want (yet) so I'm waiting to see where it goes, but it still looks like they're going to have a hard time impeaching him. The reality is any of the republicans from red states are powerless to do anything until public opinion in those areas shifts, and let's be real, these fucks don't care about anything other than holding onto office. If/when they find enough to get his base away from him then it'll happen, but it's going to take something bigger than the Stormy Daniels scandal.

At this point Trump IS the news. Other stories are just blurbs posted further down the page. That's why I'm not constantly posting about the investigation either. The news cycle pumps it out 24/7 and eventually you get sick of talking about it.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good God, this shit is still going on?

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's a real fucking travesty, buddy.

I hate people who bicker endlessly over stupid shit like this. I have an opinion on it, but anyone who cares very much one way or the other is just fucking sad. Am I going to have to hear about this all football season again? Really?

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Conservative identity politics requires that you hear about it until it stops having use for conservative political causes. So yes, you are going to have to hear about it all football season again.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

The NFL can't leave well enough alone. This is the epitome of poking the bear. It was a nothingburger at this point, and then they took a stick to the hornets nest again.

Personally, I don't agree with why they're protesting, but I firmly believe they have the right to do it, and that the manner in which the players are protesting is both peaceful and respectful.

I'd love to hear the thought process that went into this decision.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A couple of excel spreadsheets laying out declining viewership and a belief (likely supported with some polling) that it was because of the kneeling thing.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

If you put a worse product on the field year after year, people are gonna watch less and less.

But also, people watch games on their phones, tablets, computers, and that doesn't necessarily reflect in your typical viewership numbers.

I'm curious to see how the NFL is going to respond to the Favre thing (going to rehab 3 types for opioid abuse, including during his MVP season). My guess is they sweep it under the rug.