Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you understand the following about Donald Trump, his actions will never not make sense: The only things that Donald Trump cares about, and will ever care about, are how he sees himself, and how he perceives others see him. That's it. Understand that, and you understand the man. Everything is in service to one of those two things.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve not seen any reporting that states CA received any money from foreign entities outside of being hired for work in a Ukraine election. I could have missed it. You guys are making it sound like THE missing link that mueller needs to prove collusion between the Ruskies and Trumps campaign. I mentioned the CNN article because if there were a whiff of truth they’d be playing it up endlessly. The former trump campaigners do have reasons to down play it, CNNs rundown mentioned this while reporting, yet all the other campaigns that used them back up that the touted claims of pyscographics were mostly bullshit. I’m still a skeptic that it is/was used as successfully Nett is deadest on, by the Russian trolls or Trump.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Blackwater was founded by Erik Prince.

Blackwater, along with Petraeus, developed Psy Ops for Afghanistan.

Blackwater's parent company spun up Cambridge Analytica.

Bannon was on the board of Cambridge Analytica.

Manafort et al have been indicted for laundering tens/hundreds of millions of dollars into the US from Ukraine and pro-Russia groups that went toward the campaign finances, which included paying for CA.

In December 2016 Prince visited the transition team offices in New York City. In April 2017 as part of a broader investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections the Federal Bureau of Investigation is investigating a January 11, 2017 meeting in the Seychelles at which Prince presented himself as an unofficial representative of Trump.[2]

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

5. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, Ol' Mittens Romney was right all along? Russia is our biggest enemy. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...romney-called-russia-our-top-geopolitical-fo/

While I have trouble believing that they are a bigger threat to America and nothing more than the boogey man when you compare them to China, I'll play along. What makes them our biggest enemy? Surely, this growing threat didn't happen overnight, did it? There was also this to consider from not too long ago but now it's different when Trump does it: http://www.politico.com/politico44/...dout_of_Obama_s_call_with_Russia_s_Putin.html

6. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did Obama have a note in his hand telling him not to congratulate him at the time? Pretty sure that is what people are talking about.

But keep up with your but Obama did it.

I can’t wait until Trump invites a Muslim clock maker over.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

And with this post I went from thinking Mueller was going after Trump and maybe caught some big fish along the way, to thinking maybe the entire goal of this IS to go tuna fishing and a part of that catch will include trump?

8. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, what's funny about this is that people are upset with Trump not listening to direction from National Security types, right? The same unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats that brought us the Iraq War? Maybe it would be a good idea for people to not listen to them more often and think for themselves.

You know, I have noticed a pattern and it is noteworthy. I recall during the Obama presidency that many of the questionable decisions made or dramatic changes made were analyzed by the media and on a great many occasions the conclusion was that Obama acted to correct the terrible policies and operation of the Bush White House. Now, I didn't always disagree with Obama, as a matter of fact, I voted for him the first time. What is striking though is that I cannot think of an instance where Trump was given political cover by the media in this fashion. Maybe he has just gotten every decision wrong and Obama was so good as a President that he was infallible? I don't know, just an observation.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Maybe the media has unfairly portrayed him... so can you help me out and tell me what good things he's done that should have been reported on?

10. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is a reason for that. Do you not have Twitter, or do you not read the things trump says?

Also, once again, Fox News is the most popular news network. They give him shit tons of political cover. But for whatever reason you always forget that.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Of the three women who have lawsuits against him, one of them is fucking HOOOOOTTTTTT.

So he's batting 33% And that's good enough for the Majors!

12. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, they cover the good he does too:
    Tax Bill - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...or-mistakes-republican-democrat-a8230036.html

North Korea (semi-cover, still back-handed) - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...4bfff693d2b_story.html?utm_term=.2f5738dd996c

Fighting ISIS - https://www.vox.com/world/2018/1/30/16945312/state-of-the-union-2018-isis

We can go on from here if necessary.

I don't have Twitter but I see his tweets embedded in articles. I would do exactly the same thing he is doing in his position because it is fucking brilliant. He is creating and controlling the narrative; he is forcing the media to react to him and not the other way around. When you know you are going to get unfair media coverage why would you wait for them to create the narrative? You can talk directly to the people this way.

Let's go back to the chart for a moment that I posted a few days back - Sure Fox gives him more positive coverage but it is still relatively balanced. The vast majority of the remaining media outlets are overwhelmingly negative. You say they are the most popular? Sure, they are but what you are forgetting is that 50% of the country wouldn't touch Fox news with a 10 foot pole, so any news non-Fox watchers see about Trump is negative per that chart.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

14. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I completely disagree with Trump on this issue and am very vocal in doing so. Is the coverage good? Sure it is. Maybe it's me that's fucked up then, right? I don't agree with everything Trump does but on things he is doing - for instance the North Korea negotiations to have an idiot like Maddow come out and start attacking him from the Right? Start saying that negotiations are for pussies, we need more sabre rattling? C'mon, that is not normal is it? Do Liberals like and want more war?

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I’m more curious about how Bill got screwed for a simple blowie whereas Trump blows off screwing multiple people including allegedly physically threatening one of them. Never mind admitting to multiple instances of sexual assault.

Does not compute.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also a good time to remind people that this CA thing is appearing to be more and more linked to Erik Prince of Blackwater fame. And his sister Betsy Devos who is arguably the least qualified person on Trump’s cabinet is Prince’s sister. I just don’t think she’s there for no reason. I don’t believe in coincidences this high up. I’m thinking she got this role as a favor. Literally anyone else could do a better job than her.

17. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

...They did. She was nominated for another position during that time and wasn't approved for precisely the same reasons people have been talking about now.

18. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

How fucking dare you. Not a single student has been killed by a grizzly bear since she became education secretary.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast