Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know why Ivanka got so huffy. NBC asked the same question to Chelsea Clinton about her dad's accusers.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah its probably just as inappropriate then. I guess the difference is, Trump cheated on Ivanka's mother with her sisters mom, and then her sisters mom with a few others before Melania.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That and no one called Chelsea Clinton a senior white house advisor.

4. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I see your point on the breathalyzer but I would say find something more along the lines of seatbelts being mandated. I don’t know what that is and I am wary of government overreach, but it’s a hell of a lot of people dying every year. I guess my point comes down to - maybe there really is nothing we can do, but let’s at least have the information in order to figure that out rather than not even looking into it.

My question really comes down to do “most people from Georgia not want an organization that separates from the NRA?” Or is the NRA paying the politicians enough money that they are fighting for its interests over the interests of its constituents? And I know this happens every day in every state on both sides of the aisle, and is probably the biggest issue with our government. This one is just so blatant to me that it just screams that they aren’t even trying to hide it anymore. And yes, this is another thing I don’t have an answer to (well I do, but I don’t believe overhauling our entire system of government is going to happen in the short term)

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's almost like nepotism laws exist to avoid these kinds of "it's inappropriate to ask me about my boss because he's also my Daddy" situations.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Ben Carson spent $31K on a dining room set for his office.

As a general rule I believe Internet mob justice is not a good thing at all. But in this case.... I hope Carson gets destroyed.

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This kinda shit is due to leadership at the top. The idea of using governmental service as a means for self indulgement and personal benefit outside of your own salary is a product of the culture borne from this president. Carson should resign and pay back the money.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

As Seventh Day Adventists go, he is not exactly “Hacksaw Ridge” material.

Imagine if America elected that stupid asshole president. Good thing they chose a to elect different stupid asshole instead.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

At least we know he isn't using taxpayer money for vaccines. Because he's been very clear how he feels about those.

And this idiot was leading the GOP polls for a good period of time.

I'm convinced Trump put him head of HUD because he figured Carson's black so close enough. He has literally zero credentials.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think that politicians like him and Romney should be grilled just on their beliefs alone. But nobody has the balls. Seventh Day Adventists title their failed prediction of the apocalypse from the 1800’s as “The Great Disappointment.”

Then of course there is Carson’s personal beliefs on the great pyramids and their primary use. He’s got jokes.

Don’t give the keys to the kingdom to people who literally pray for death or magic magical Fruit-Of-The -Looms. Because they’re insane.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Eh, separation of church and state. Doesn't matter who you worship when you go home, in my opinion, so long as who you worship when you go home doesn't prevent or bias you from doing your job when you're at work.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

When people believe utterly goofy-ass shit, their intelligence should be called into question. Especially when they have the power to write laws and change your quality of life. People like Jerry Falwell achieve their power simply by name-dropping God. Roy Moore constantly did too, and he almost won despite being disbarred as a judge twice, wrong about generally anything and clearly insane. And I guess he likes them young.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

To me, a belief in the Abrahamic god qualifies as "goofy-ass shit" and I question the intelligence of anyone who holds such beliefs. But doesn't mean I don't think they aren't qualified to write laws, change the quality of my life, direct the US Military and our national policy, etc. Where I draw a line is when people act on those beliefs or consult those beliefs in furtherance of that very powerful job. Just because you are blind in one part of your thinking doesn't prevent you from having 20/20 vision in other parts.

Humans are immensely complex, and I don't think that one single aspect of a personality, necessarily, dictates the others.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Yes. No one in history has ever taken advantage of government benefits for personal gain before Trump entered office, Impeach him now so we can go back to the wonderful, scandal free world we lived in before he arrived on the scene.

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I never said he was the only one. I’m just talking about what’s going on right now. I’m sure most all administrations had people who abused their positions at times. I just think this administration seems to have it happen more frequently.

16. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nobody said impeach.

As much as you complain about poor people abusing government services, shouldn’t you stop voting for rich people who waste taxpayer money?

17. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnbe...p-to-fire-cfpb-director-cordray/#478f53f95c28

Yeah, Ben Carson shouldn't buy that and if we start tossing leadership for $30k tables then it should be fun to see what's left in D.C. I agree, it's a problem but where to start? $483/sqft is pretty piggish, especially for people charged with protecting the consumer. As I said before, too bad the budget hawks took the last 8 years off.......

#5377 ODEN, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  18. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am working with HUD down here, and it's remarkable what an absence of leadership does to an organization. It manifests in one of two situations: we'll do everything, since there are no parents around to tell us not to, or we'll be paralyzed in discussion and analysis because there's no parents around to tell us what should be done. Either way, it results in delayed outcomes, wasted time and money and general frustration.

I see this as a common theme with Republican leadership: government is ineffective, so let's have less of it....because we run it into the ground, fill it with bullshit or render it ineffective. Wash, Reince, repeat.

Everytime I see a new scandal, I ask myself if I should be outraged because it's "raaaahhhhrrrr I can't believe they did that, those bastards" or it's because "holy shit, that is upending something REALLY fucking important". Ben Carson spending $30k on dishes or whatever doesn't surprise me, and it seems like a fabricated outrage tale. Trump spending $91 million on golf and trips pisses me off, but what the fuck did we expect? Trump tweets about...pretty much anything and the ensuing roar of morons is almost like an engineered distraction. We're all arguing over how stupid an idea arming teachers is and actual legislation is going on that is sailing under the radar.

What's worse: a member of this administration failing to be good stewards of federal money OR failing to do their jobs?

Example: Trump tweets about no collusion, or arming teachers, or whatever comes next. Cue roaring morons. Trump fails to apply sanctions to Russia that overwhelmingly passed Congress and the Senate. Not crickets necessarily, but that's something that I feel like people need to actually give a fuck about.

Trump tweets like a twat. He Presidents like a malicious actor, whose deliberate incompetence benefits our enemies. One of those deserves to be ignored, like 99% of the other bullshit on Twitter. The other deeply concerns me. Remember kids, a gaggle of reality tv stars are running the country...they know how to manipulate an audience. They don't have a fucking clue how to govern, and the stakes for learning on the job are pretty fucking high.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Sounds like Trump is going to be running in 2020 after all.

First thing I thought of when I saw the picture of his campaign manager was that he looks Rasputin.

[​IMG]

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think he looks like the result of Amon Bundy and David Morse fucking. He may as well use somebody who at least looks insane.