Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I love how people bring up the Daniel Tosh thing as if it was an issue at all. That was called “shutting a big-mouthed heckler up” and there’s no “rules” to what you can and can’t say. Comedians don’t try to win over a hostile audience member, they bury them right where they sit. As they deserve.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ive met Leeann Tweeden in the flesh. The struggle is real not to transform into a lizard and dry hump the crease behind her knee. It'll be fun to watch the real house of cards fall. Politicians aren't private employees in an industry that can just hang them out to dry if these stories come. I wonder if these cretins will even allow each other to be ejected from Congress (Roy Moore has the potential to be the first one in like 150 years if he's elected).

It did feel like the writer was just trying to project his theory onto that bit. Ignoring the concept of the bit and the problem all comedians have to deal with.

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Al Franken is rushing out an apology.

I don't know that he needs to be crucified just yet. The whole thing was a kiss, that he likely imagined going very differently and then making a joke photo over a flak vest. It was a shitty thing to do, but this barely approaches most of the other scandals that have broken recently. To be clear, I'm not saying it isn't objectionable behavior, and he should own up to it, I'm just saying at this point this isn't a scandal that makes me think this person needs to have their life ruined.

Now, I'll say this and watch tomorrow he'll have 30 accusers.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

People need to lay off comedy, period. Comics get to say what they want. You can either sit there and take it, or fuck off and don’t listen. All of a sudden people seem to think there’s another option where they get to tell the comic what to do and say. Tough shit. Rape jokes are not off the table. Crib death jokes are not off the table. Hitler jokes are not off the table. Nothing is, because they’re jokes, so deal with it.

And further more, what demographic in show business has more fast-thinking, intelligent and well-read members that comedians? None. Comedian ms are awful? Shall we dive right back into the realm that is producers as we did a few weeks ago? I could introduce people to more than a couple of club promoters so slimy that you could kill with a salt shaker. Comedians are a thousand times more appealing than those in theatre, I can vouch for that first hand.

I wish the master was still alive to straighten these floppy cocks out:

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Franken will live or die by whether anyone else comes forward with something.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Hey guys, remember when all those hot teachers fucked their underaged students, high fives were thrown, and zero fucks were given? Shall we throw these rapist bitches back into the mix since it’s the cool thing? No takers?

A double standard is is when you’re tied to a chair and beaten into accepting a hypocrisy.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The last thing the people of your country would do is falsely accuse a celebrity for some sort of gain.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

True or not he's not going to survive a second credible accusation.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I can only imagine that the back door of the White House is like a sexual harassment trick-or-treat extravaganza where you not only get a full-sized chocolate bar, but also a big bag of cash to turn around and walk away without talking to the Press.

11. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're absolutely right, there IS a double standard. And there always will be, because boys and girls are wired different. I can name 3 HS teachers who'd have been more than welcome to my virginity, if only they'd asked.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I wonder how many of these women are actually going to take the people they're accusing to court, and how many of the accused, if they do go to court and are found innocent, or are never taken to court in the first place, are going to then counter-sue the accusers and/or their former employers.

This thing is a shit sandwich that should really be playing out in the justice system rather than the court of public opinion. Gonna be a lot of settlement money flying around once it's all said and done, from more than one side I think.

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Incoming.

1510889317030.jpg

14. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I’d say yes and no to the part about this playing out in the justice system. Not that public opinion is a good gauge on these things and that it should be playing out there. but the justice system isnt well equipped to handle most of this. Lumping sexual assault and “regular” domestic violence together we have seen the criminal justice system fail many times over because it’s hard to have good solid evidence of what happened.

As for civil cases then there would be push back from people about how the victims are only doing this for money. In addition to the evidence problems from criminal cases. On top of the expenses and time involved in following through with these cases.

That might not have contributed much other than that i don’t think we can really judge anything one way or another from the decision of how far people pursue these casss through the court system.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

This is the EXACT time when you need humor to level things out.

I'm sure we'll see a course correction to the outrage trend. Trump was a course (over-)correction to the political establishment, and wouldn't surprise me at all to see a middle of the road President in 2020 as a correction to him. Once this outrage bullshit peaks -- and I do believe, unfortunately, it has far from peaked -- someone or some thing is going to come along that rocks the trend and everything runs downhill in the other direction. Give it a few years and people will be back to trying to out-offend each other on Comedy Central specials (maybe youtube or netflix specials this time).

Hell, I just want to call a pierced-eared, pant-sagging, XXL white t-shirt wearing suburban-raised Caucasian douchebag a "wigger" again and not have people look at me like I decapitated a puppy. Wigger is a beautiful word.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Well now. This is a new approach to all the sexual assault allegations going around...

Capture.PNG

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tone-deafness aside, the whole "look at how much pussy I slay" aspect to this is so incredibly cringe worthy.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Maybe he thinks he's running for frat president.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He should have gone into more detail like if drapes matched carpets and whatnot.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

More accurate this way.

All he had to say was that he grabbed their pussies and he would have nailed it.