Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He might have had a chance with the new chief of staff if he hadn't called a reporter and started talking, on record, about internal gossip of the WH with hilariously colorful language. If that doesn't go down as the best case study of what not to do in the role of communications I don't know what is. People are trying to defend this too, "in business you hire and fire until you find the best!" "he was brought in for one job, shake things up, now he goes!"

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Eleven days. Eleven FUCKING days.

Has Trump hired Vince MacMahon to his cabinet yet? Or perhaps Mr. Burns. He's a successful tycoon who can run the show.

No sarcasm: the members of this message board could run the government better than what is in charge. If you got rid of every single one of the cabinet and replaced them with a critical thinker, the country would start simmering down immedietly.

3. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Huh, Donald Trump isn't a great judge of character and had to fire a douche bag for going on the record talking about sucking cock, forgetting he's not in college?

Color me shocked.

Next youll tell me thats not the real hair of a 70 year old man...

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Honestly: if you were directly hired by the President Of The United States, would your instinct be to continue talking like Brooks Bros. slime?

Your communications director-- of your entire country-- torpedoed himself in one, single solitary interview. My favourite part was the death threats. That one goes right up here. Right on the fridge so everyone can always see and laugh hysterically at it.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's thing thing: Trump was 100% ok with Mooch being a New York Piece-of-shit because Trump is a New York Piece-of-shit. The issue came when Trump tapped Kelly to be the new Chief of Staff, and as a military man Kelly wasn't going to put up with any of the shit that had been flying around the West Wing the last six months. He'll instill discipline in the office, but how long he can avoid conflict with Trump when Trump himself is the biggest source of chaos, incompetency and unprofessionalism in the WH is a question that remains to be answered.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The first time I read that interview was when it was posted in here. I still can't believe it's real. To pack that much Jose Canseco-level fuck-up into one conversation....it's as if he hired this guy by throwing at a dart board and it landed on "Worst Human Being Alive." He would make Gordon Ramsey walk off the set.

In six months the inner sanctum of this administration has gone through more employees than ten roofing crews. It's comedy. SNL doesn't need to exist anymore. Life has become art.

7. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At this point, if I were directly hired by the President of the United States, I'd start wearing some sort of knife-stopping material on my back.

I'll give props where they are due: he's crammed 4 years of Republican fuckery (golfing, lies, scandals, staff changes, and general incompetence) into a few short months. I'm amused by the media response now which is basically: "here's what he did TODAY...we'll be back tomorrow with more 'why the fuck did we do this, unless he picks his phone up and more leadership falls from his haunches'"

I'm curious at what point simple fatigue of his bullshit sets in. Also, the fun part is watching the Russia investigation, because each time that takes a turn for the worse, Trump seems to swing for the fences with a ridiculous act by the most powerful man on Earth.

I am sincerely baffled by anyone that thinks Kelly can corral this gang and impose order. He might growl and pull some Marine corps tactics, but Mattis is smart enough to run his ship and keep the fuck out of the way....I don't think you can say the same for Kelly, he's diving head first into the snake pit. My bet is Kelly was hired to be the scapegoat for firing Sessions and neutering the Russia investigation, then Trump can just shrug and say "I didn't believe he was the best man for the job and look, someone agreed with me!". Communications director for our Chief Executive Twitter Twat is low on the list, and I'm wagering top of the list is a new AG.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

9. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You jest, but Vince McMahon's wife is actually on Trump's cabinet. She's the administrator of the Small Business Administration

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I mean, she was CEO of the WWE which has a $1.6B market cap. If anyone in Trump's admin is qualified for their position it's probably her.

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The XFL was awesome. But WWE is like Wal-Mart now where they simply destroyed all competition. Or their competition hired Vince Russo and destroyed themselves.

...I jest because Vince is Trump's friend, and also a giant blowhard billionaire asshole. I actually expect to see him have Trump's ear in the next 3.5 or so years.

Imagine if they made suplexes legal in congress again.

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also, coincidently, Jeff Flake wrote an op-ed like Aetius linked before. Just so happens to come out after Preibus is gone. They know the White House is a total wild card now.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Like it wasn't before?

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was but the GOP could reasonably rely on them to push their agenda. Now that he's openly shitting on them, they don't have much reason to keep him around for long. They are better off with Pence in office and trying to repair what scraps they have left.

16. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's what I'm thinking. They planned to squeeze every drop out of their elected orange but it's gone rotten on them. They're readying the trash bin.

17. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/07/31/how-the-trump-administration-broke-the-state-department/

I spoke to my buddy at the CDC last night, and he said just about the same thing: they are breaking things they don't understand. Also, with the budget cuts they are asking for it's going from cutting funding into actual attrition, where people are getting fired.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I kind of think the CDC's work is important and I wouldn't mind them having more resources than they need, especially when it comes to the dozens of folks with MPH's there.

We see the headlines, and shake our heads, but the folks living it are just in awe of how stupid this administration is regarding the work they do. My buddy contrasted the two HHS leads: the previous one would do his best to absorb as much as he possibly could, asking pointed questions and then soliciting education from his staff. This guy basically asks "what are the 2 main points I need to know and how to we avoid getting into trouble? I'll figure the rest out myself". That is the recipe for colossal ignorance and disaster. These are the people protecting us from AIDS, Zika, and reversing the tide of anti-vaxxing? Not to mention advising the rest of the government on how to administer the ACA? Christ help us.

18. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Isn't FEMA currently without top level leadership? In case of emergency, we don't even have the mallet to break the glass.

#3898 GcDiaz, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded