Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Wow... if true, that's more than just interesting...

McCain was getting a ton of shit in the media for being a traitor, etc., but if this is true, the dude played the long game, and won.

While I like to think that he did it because the bill was shit, it also must be nice to totally fuck over a guy who basically said, "I like people who didn't get captured".

And with Best Korea launching another ICBM, I can't help but wonder if Trump is being sedated right now by the Joint Chiefs.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Pretty sure it was a well-deserved "Fuck You" to Trump with little downside for McCain.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's possible that he legitimately believes in the "return to normal order" that he called for. The process the Republicans have taken with this repeal attempt is the rat fuckiest rat fuck to ever fuck a rat, and given that their final attempt was basically "we'll fix this in conference with the House ...probably," I don't think McCain saw much downside in saying "fuck this, do it right, even if you need 60 votes."

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whats Trump going to do, insult a war hero, prominent US Senator and brain tumor patient? Oh wait, yea I could see that. Politically I doubt Trump can do much to McCain

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

On a scale of 1-10 how itchy to yall think trump's trigger finger is right now for best korea?

6. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm astounded at how quickly this administration has imploded.

This is the weakest our country has been in my lifetime, possibly since the 1950's.

Can we start a pool on Trump's next shit-fit? I'm wagering something new will come out of the Russia investigation, Trump will try to fire Sessions, hoping Mueller goes with him and then will be blindsided by a high-level resignation (looking at you, Tillerson) by someone who'd rather work in the zoo than live in it. This is my prediction for JUST THE FUCKING MONTH OF AUGUST.

Also...how are the Republicans not getting crucified in 2018? Even Lindsay Graham (my detestable rep and a real-life would be Frank Underwood) is starting to seem nervous. It's wild seeing a Republican taking shots at a Republican president.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In what ways?

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm really hoping, in a Twilight Zone way, that the increased sanctions on Russia basically cause Putin to go ape-shit and then all sorts of "pee dossier" info comes to light and shows that he really did that stuff.

9. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In our ability to handle a crisis. I would imagine something like a 9/11, or an economic downturn, or shit, a good old fashioned American mass shooting being completely fucking bungled by this crowd.

I wish I was kidding, but I can't imagine this administration seeing a Ferguson, a Sandy Hook, or a Boston Marathon bombing and handling it in a professional, reverential and healthy way.

I can't imagine a legitimate diplomatic crisis. These guys can't even do a press release without talking about sucking cock....

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

How would the administration be involved in them in the first place, other than in a PR capacity? Every agency that would respond to that would be unaffected by the administration at the boots-on-the-ground level, wouldn't they?

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Listening to trump's speech is infuriating. He loses the right to refer to himself as a good negotiator and deal maker until he does something not completely embarrassing with health care.

12. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not only that, but in a speech given to police officers, he encouraged them to be even rougher with arrested and detained people than they already are. And the crowd of cops cheered. Such fucking garbage.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to find the lens through which that statement is a good idea, and.... I just can't. He literally says the worst possible thing for every given moment.

Does he truly not understand how the law works? That you can't just go around and rough up people like you're in the mob or some shit? His presidency is an SNL skit in real life.

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, he didn't say, "smash their heads into the car door frame". But he might as well have. Saying shit like that will make it harder for the average citizen to have much protection from law enforcement. I know he's not directly in charge of local law enforcement. But his speech can affect future policies and outcomes when it comes to police brutality.

It's not like they are often held responsible for egregious acts of violence and wrongful death. Now the bar to hold cops accountable could be even higher.

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rinse Penis is out.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know why he went with him in the first place. I guess the RNC campaign logistics? Certainly didn't help rally much support from the GoP.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Trump encouraging the NYPD to act like brutal assholes is like encouraging a baseball player to play baseball. It's the NYPD: The Total Lack Of Accountability Police. He should be trying to appease simmering rage and instead there he goes being the daily stupid asshole that he is.

They're going to keep pushing until another nut shoots a bunch of cops again. And then they'll cry about how everyone hates cops. They are a frathouse enclosed in a bubble that no facts penetrate.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep... John Kelly is in.

I expect Jeff Probst to be doing the exit interviews on this episode of.... Survivor: White House.

19. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want to know if Tangerine Scream just stared at him for 5 minutes before saying "You're Fired" thinking there were cameras all around him like he was back on The Apprentice.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded