Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I disagree. I think the Trump followers who love the tough talk guys guy locker room bullshit will eat this up.

2. manbehindthecurtain

manbehindthecurtain
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is definitely an east coast / New Yorker thing. You guys in Canada and the Midwest aren't going to get it.
    Juice you're from Boston. You worked in finance, and went from middle class roots to professionally successful in this arena. What do you think?

Mooch is a self made centa - millionaire from Staten Island who went to law school with Obama. He made his fortune marketing and packaging other's hedge fund strategies to broader investor pools. This language and behavior is neither surprising nor insulting if you've been in his professional world.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As an Italian from the northeast, I'm certainly not scandalized by it, but it does confirm that he is the stereotype of every finance douchebag you've ever wanted to throw onto the subway tracks. He's the kind of guy who would not only rob someone's grandmother, but would cut out his partners in the scam at the last minute as well.

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's the problem, he's not in his world anymore, he's not in finance. The Presidency and those associated with it, play a different game than hedge fund managers.

If you change jobs expect to change your behaviors as well. Just because what you did worked well one place, doesn't mean its appropriate or best in another.

5. manbehindthecurtain

manbehindthecurtain
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It doesn't bother me at all and I don't think the office or expectation of decorum should have to force conformism to the occupants but rather visa versa. I want to see results that make our country wealthier and safer. I'm fed up with appeals to cultural fairness and inclusiveness at the expense of the pragmatism and risk taking nature of American History that got us to the top of the world. Get shit done or get out of the way.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And McCain votes no, along with Collins and Murkowski, thus torpedoing the bill

[​IMG]

8. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Even with GBM McCain votes his conscience and his conscience has a strong moral compass. He is a good man.

9. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Don't know if I'd go that far.

10. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would agree. McCain is a warmonger, it sucks he has cancer and I feel terrible for him but at the same time he should have been sent out to pasture some time ago.

All that aside, whether they passed that Bill or not, something still needs to be done about the ACA. It is failing and needs shoring up in some form or another, we can all disagree on what exactly needs to be done. So, regardless, our elected Government continues to fail us.

11. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't get this: how is the ACA failing? I was under the impression it did precisely what it was intended to do: slow the spiralling costs, prevent insurance companies from excluding pre-existing conditions and get millions more insured. I would argue the next step is to take it further, expanding Medicare/Medicaid and not giving pharmaceutical companies carte blanche.

I am baffled by the Mooch. Like, this is the nation's highest mouthpiece....and on practically the first day on the job he literally goes on record talking about his cock. I think of this like any other job and can't fucking believe that indicates a level of professionalism at...anything. Finance? Management? Politics? I get that his job is to be Flava Flav to Trump's Chuck D, but...Christ, man. People have literally died for you to occupy that office. Show some fucking respect, class, or don't take the job.

12. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Insurance companies are pulling out of the individual market because they're losing money in that market. My company is still in the individual market but has put a cap on the number of policies it'll offer each year in order to contain costs. But each insurer that pulls out of an individual market puts that much more pressure on the insurers that remain, and if those insurers then decide to pull out of the market eventually you're left with people looking for individual policies but no one who will offer them one.

The big-picture problem is that the cost of care in the US is just too high. The astronomical cost of care - especially those with chronic conditions - puts enormous pressure on insurance companies to insure as many young and healthy people as possible. That's why the individual mandate - the part of the ACA everyone hates - exists and goes hand-in-hand with the prior condition requirement. But even with the individual mandate not enough of that young and healthy group bought insurance to compensate for the necessary losses incurred by covering old and sick people. So the insurance companies responded by raising premiums, which caused even more of the young & healthy group to decline buying insurance and just deal with the tax penalty. And with fewer of them buying insurance it creates a positive feedback loop that will eventually crash. The bottom line is that unless care costs can be brought down then no plan will be able to survive in the long run.

13. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The video ignores payroll costs, because god forbid we don't pay our doctors and nurses what they deserve. Medical costs are a major league problem, and fixing it is akin to putting the sand back in the hourglass.

14. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Enh, as you know, I stay out of politics, so my understanding of him may not be as complete as yours.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

North Korea launched another ballistic missile. I fully expect the US to respond with something more serious than a tweet now.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A sternly worded letter?

17. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe Trump will go tattle to North Korea's parents, the Chinese.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

He will fart in their general direction.

19. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

VP choice aside, no one can say McCain isn't a smart man. That particular Trump insult, that was a grudge worth holding, a dish served ice cold.