Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From whom? The foreigners sign the contract with the outsourcing company that provides them with the visa.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I agree 100%. It's been abused past what it was intended to do, and now it has to be tightened up. But the problem seems to be that some huuuuge fucking corporations benefit greatly from the current program, and are fighting any real meaningful changes.

Once again, politicians being bought out to the benefit of corporations.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Depends on the location of the job... I'd be careful of talking specific numbers without context.

$55k in Silicon Valley is quite a bit different than $55k in Montana.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone sketched out more about the amount of Russian lobbying going on in DC more than Jrs meeting? We have to worry enough about big corporations lobbying soley in their interest but we also have foreign powers in the same role?

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Yes.

I think the Jr E-mails are the tip of the iceberg, and anyone who thinks this "russian stuff" is just about the dems trying to impeach trump is missing the point. What Jr did was open a door to a room no one saw, or at least wanted the media and layperson to see. That door can't be closed, and I think a lot of people are going down before this is all over, not just trump.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Which, you know, has been happening since George Washington was president.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I think Trump is looking at this like a business. His motivation for what he's doing is to promote his personal business dealings first, the country second.

To him, working with Russia to give them what they want is good for him because of his business dealings there. Quid pro quo type shit.

I think he's genuinely surprised that anyone would have an issue with what he's doing, or he's brushing it off like they're just haters for his amazing fantastic business acumen.

I saw an interview on CNN of a younger congressman and he basically said, "that meeting with Russia would never happen... full stop, call the FBI".

I think this "fake news Russia thing" is going to have a substantial impact within the party and more and more are going to come out against him as more and more shit is discovered.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was referring to Trump, senior. A ton of white house criticism came out when the new administration bailed out of a bunch of the "boring" introductory briefings around the legalities and ethics of this kind of stuff.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And to be clear, I have no doubt that they think it's inherently wrong, but I just don't Senior honestly realizes the potential severity of what was done... it was just something that should be kept on the down-low.

10. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Republicans and conservatives have been wanting the government to be run like a private company. So that's what Trump is doing. He's used to doing things his way and being a bully with no repercussions. I think it's a wake up call to realize the government can't be run by the principles of Ayn Rand.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No he's not, it's a weird amalgamation of his ego and throwing in with establishment Republican power structure. So we still have the same career politicians that are only really influenced by people and entities that can cut them the biggest donation check. I do think if the Consitution had been ratified after the the industrial revolution they would have treated corporate power more like they did the powers of the Church. Industry now having the incestuous relationship with government similar to Europe's goverments did in the past.

12. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I think you bring up a good point about the industrial revolution and big business but I stick to my original point. I think Donald Trump does what he wants to do and only works within the traditional government structure when he is forced. I point to his pep rally/cabinet meeting, getting rid of TV for press briefings, his tweeting, his spending time at all his golf courses and Mar A Lago, and pointing fingers at Obama and Hillary. The only times he plays by the rules is when he has to. He has the presidency and Congress. And hasn't done shit. He's a blowhard, not a leader. It doesn't help that the Republican party were too busy sticking their thumbs up their asses to come up with a viable alternative to the ACA.

13. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Trump's companies are bizarre in several ways, so I don't think his business acumen is in the same league as someone like Jeff Immelt or Zuckerberg. His brand seems to be driven by spectacle (Miss Universe or whatever, and the ludicrously tacky gold everywhere), and it's almost like a cult of personality he's built around himself.

My point here is that this is his concept of leadership, accountability and how organizations run. It's very authoritative and the very way our government is structured runs counter to that. I'm not defending the bureaucracy, but it's designed to avoid the abuse of a strongman. It's no wonder we're seeing it work precisely as intended.

It begs the question: who thought this guy was a credible leader? What kind of presidency did his supporters expect?

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

[​IMG]

All kidding aside, I think they just wanted someone from outside of the normal political system, and everyone hoped that it was going to be different in a good way, not a bad way.

He's a good marketer, and people believed his marketing.

To put it into software sales terminology, we've now gone from that "pre-sales" stage, to the "post-sales implementation" phase, and those people that actually have to do what was promised to the client are forced into deliverable hell.

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you think people truly and honestly believed him? It's one thing in partisan politics to side with the person on your "team", but I feel that some people were able to immediately look at him and listen to what he said and just know that he is completely full of shit. I feel there's a difference between people who voted for him knowing he's a con artist and those who actually fell for it hook, line and, sinker. At the end of the day though, they still voted for him and must come to grips with the fact they supported such human garbage.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Probably because a good chunk of his voters are human garbage too, horseshoe-effecting Hillary's SJW parasites. They voted for him KNOWING he was a con artist? How about "Fuck those people." Don't just blame the asshole in charge. Also blame all the assholes who helped shovel him into power despite being aware of what a solipsistic, ignorant cunt he is; and screwing your country up even more.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hillary got so much shit for the "deplorable" comment, but she was being quite generous by only applying the label to half of his voters.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Again I didnt end up voting for president on my ballot but in the end for people who believe in conservatism, what other option did they have other than not voting? Voting for the other party that holds the exact opposite beliefs to their long held political convictions? The Bernie supporters that felt burned by Clinton sure as fuck weren't voting for Trump for the same reason. I think a lot of people held their noses and just don't care about his antics as long as their pet issue is protected by him or at least given lip service.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's say you're the manager of a baseball team, and you really truly believe that the situation you're in calls for a right-hander out of the bullpen. You call up the 'pen and it turns out you've got two pitchers good to pitch tonight: a left-hander and a right-hander. You say "great, gimme the right-hander" and the pitching coach tells you "hey boss, about that, he only throws 40 mph and he misses the plate 9 times out of 10."

You put the left-hander in the game and hope for the best.

(and then you go back and figure out why the fuck this trainwreck was even on the roster in the first place)

20. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That doesn't seem fair, especially coming from a Canadian.

I'm sure if I had to debate someone I'd want to kill them but the people who I know support Trump have had a lot of Kool Aid to drink. I dated a woman who broke my heart and didn't believe in the moon landing.

Her dad ran his own tree trimming business. So she was brought up fiercely independent. But she's been brain washed to think that government support was for the lazy. She doesn't understand that the Koch's and Walton's get to buy another Bugatti for their granddaughters' baby daddies while her Dad goes bankrupt over leukemia.