Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I must have missed it but I just read that Kelly Anne Conway sat on a couch with her shoes on and legs crossed on the cushion. Can you believe? The nerve.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, that was a thing because of how pissed the right got when Obama put his shoes up on the desk. Ironic turnabout and all that.

3. Frank Gore 4 HOF

Frank Gore 4 HOF
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

The story you linked is no longer available because it was "not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny" required by Fox News. I think that means it was completely made up.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/23/statement-on-coverage-seth-rich-murder-investigation.html

http://www.snopes.com/2017/05/23/fox-story-seth-rich-retraction/

http://www.snopes.com/seth-rich-dnc-wikileaks-murder/

Carry on.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

A GOP candidate choke slams and punches a Guardian reporter the day before his election.

Every single single about this is hilarious. I'm torn: on one hand, it's a politician committing felony assault. On the other hand, it's the Guardian and I have a hard time distinguishing their reporters from human beings.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He chose poorly. Still if everything is on, everything is on.

6. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The audio is hilarious.

I only wish there was video of it.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It may have been filmed, but that is being held as evidence in an ongoing investigation by the prosecutor? That reporter on Fox gave a full account, which I'm sure is the same witness statement she gave to the cops. Since the majority of the votes have already come in, why didn't that dude just issue an apology, instead of blaming the Guardian guy? Seems really dumb. It's a misdemeanor, and he'd be able to plead "no contest," I assume - unless maybe he's been convicted of assault before. All he had to do was say,
    "During yesterday's press briefing, I became agitated when being pressed by a reporter from the Guardian. I lost my temper and reacted in a way that is not becoming of the office I am seeking, nor is it typical of my behavior. I apologize to Mr. Reporter Guy and to my constituents, and I am plan to fully cooperate with the Sheriff's office during their investigation. I look forward to putting this incident behind me, and I ask for Mr. Reporter's forgiveness. Since this in an open investigation, please direct any further inquiries to my attorney."

#2970 Rush-O-Matic, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
  11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

They tend to shy away from things that make the GOP or Trump look badly.

I think that regardless of any outlet's political leanings and slant they have banded together as a united front when it's journalists vs administration. This is them protecting their own, which trumps anything Trump.

That being said the talking head on Fox News was reporting a conflicting version than what was on their web site.

Ahhh, politics and propaganda. It'll never end, just get more sophisticated and effective.

12. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

The assaulting a reporter part is def hilarious, but my personal favorite thing about the guy is how he doesn't believe in retirement because it's not mentioned in the Bible and, like, Noah built the ark when he was 600 so why the hell do you think you deserve a Social Security check grandma? He's also funded a creationist museum to put dinosaurs in a biblical context, donated to organizations working to privatize or eliminate Social Security, and thinks we shouldn't have anti-LGBTQ discrimination laws because then people won't want to start businesses anymore, and I cannot wait for him to have a say in our laws.

13. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Financial troubles doesn't make you insane. Believing the earth is actually younger than the trees growing in Northern California (as Governor Chokeslam believes) DOES make you insane. Or monumentally stupid.

"Stupid, violent and insane" goes well with American politics these days, but it shouldn't.

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not sure he actually believes that though. It looks like a pretty standard republican statement on the issue to me -

It looks to me like he's just leaving it open so that the nutty young earthers can interpret it as he believes it in the man walking with dinosaurs sense, but doesn't have to openly state that he's full blown retarded. Or maybe he is full blown retarded. He did donate to that bible museum, but I think it's more of your typical case of just saying what a republican has to say... sadly has to say.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's the national library's site, so nothing nefarious. It's a column written in 1973 poking fun at all the excuses given by Nixon defenders. They're nearly word for word what we're seeing today with Trump.

20. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And yet more Russian smoke with Kushner proposing to use Russian diplomatic communications to set up a backchannel with the Russians.

I have no idea if there is fire here, but I do know that if you were someone who believed in the Seth Rich and/or Clinton Conspiracy and don't believe there is something wrong here, your credulity is simply partisan.