Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I tried getting on Truth social to read one of his tweets. The only person on the planet anyone would ever venture on that platform to read, and the whole reason it still exists, they made hard enough to find I gave up after a couple of minutes and haven’t been back. Think you have to sign up to see his stuff.

2. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think what he posted is a photoshop. Showing all the things he said about people he hired. I only think this because I don’t see anyone talking about it on twitter.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ow no that post above is clearly fake. I had tried a few months ago to read another “Truth” he “Truthed” a few months back with no luck even finding his account, without logging in at least.

4. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Get it right, goddammit.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Rasmussen is still running polls on an election that ended five months ago. They're trying to convince you that Kari Lake actually won, using a dataset that also claims a full fucking 5% of Arizona voters voted third party, despite there being no third party on the ballot. Official results had the number of write ins at 0.03%, but Rasmussen wants you to trust a poll that says there were more by a factor of 100. The Libertarian Party barely cracked 1% of the vote in 2020, a year in which both major party candidates were utterly despised, and in which the LP was on the ballot.

[​IMG]

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wish Trump would go away, and not run for President. I think he's disgusting and sleazy. But, what is the crime for paying hush money to Stormy Daniels? I thought it was blackmail or extortion to demand money to keep quiet, but I didn't know it was illegal to pay the money. Don't athletes do that all the time when they get some woman pregnant? I'm not trying to defend him at all, I'm just curious what the criminal charge is.

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We don’t actually know what crime he will be charged with relating to that. If it’s a stupid little misdemeanor, it will end up being tremendously embarrassing for the Manhattan DA. I think it’s a mistake to let Trump and the rest of the GOP set the talking points for what this is before we know what it really is.

We know they will call it a politically motivated prosecution in hopes that people won’t really pay attention to what it might be. More than likely, the people telling the press what is happening are Trump’s people trying to set the agenda and get ahead of it.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gotcha. So, there's probably some kind of tax fraud or laundering or something that's the actual crime and Trump's people are trying to frame it as "just hush money." That makes more sense.

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Correct! If they set the tone now, it will be much harder to undo disinformation because they know most people won’t even read the actual charging documents.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But if it is some picayune campaign finance charge theyd be playing right into his hands. I still think they overplayed the Trump Org tax fraud case last year. Wasn't some Enron Delorean cocaine deal, just a single guy getting a slap on the wrist and minimal fines on the company. Perp walking him for something politicians regularly skate on would look purely political, and spiteful, and entrench his support further. They need to have a case strong enough he's likely going to prison until after 2024 or else risk having the opposite effect.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree with that too. If they use him to make an example, it’s a bad look. They did try this with John Edwards a while back and he skated.

I’m also still curious about the Georgia case as well as the Jack Smith/DOJ case. Those always seemed more significant to me. There’s also the thing where the Manhattan DA went on record last year saying they were wrapping up their case on Trump with probably no charges for him. I don’t remember the exact wording they used but it was along those lines. Cue public outrage. If he reopened the case or something based on public outrage, it would look even worse.

So I shall wait to see what the actual charges will be. And hope it’s not some weak bullshit.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's basically the same crime Cohen was convicted for. Not just the same statute, but literally the same criminal act. According to the BBC:

It will likely be some combination of the above as well.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Just finished reading "Commander in cheat: How golf explains Trump"

It was the first political/political commentary book I have ever even purchased, never mind read, and I did so for a few reasons. First, Rick Reily is fucking awesome. He makes intelligent points in dumb ways, and even though he's covered damn near everything in the sports world, golf is his passion and I knew this had to be good. Second, I'm getting into golf (just got my first birdie, on a par 5, so go fuck yourself). Third, I feel we are now at the point where Trump is only doing damage to himself and the republican party, so I can laugh at him objectively rather than "hehe oh shit what he just said has nuclear war implications."

This book came out early during the trump presidency so any commentary it made on him regarding that is outdated and hilarious to read in hindsight. Thing is, it's a beautiful fuckin book. Even if you don't like golf you'll understand it, because Reily does such a killer job at explaining wherever necessary. It's just the depths trump goes to cheat, and the relationship that his love of golf has to do with his political moves and acts of revenge.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The No Labels party is looking more appealing with every passing day. At least until they release a platform that will inevitably be the retardation that libertarianism always turns into.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There was a time when I was an elite Wii Golf player.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I played baseball so much on that shit that I once got tennis elbow.

Slightly related but I just read that trump said he expects to get arrested within days. I assume he's doing some new nft shit or something then?

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was covered above. Looks like the US Attorney for SDNY Manhattan DA is circling back to the "Individual 1" business from the Cohen prosecution. Trump was an unindicted coconspirator there (for obvious reasons), and it looks like they're finally getting around to indicting him. Although this is being done at the state level rather than the federal level, so I'm not sure exactly which statues transfer.

#21157 Aetius, Mar 18, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like the arrest that Trump announced would be today won't be happening for a few more days. Dude even lies about his own prosecution; can't trust shit in Queens.

19. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If they can't force the conversation to be about how much they hate the icky people, they'd have to talk about their deeply unpopular policies on healthcare, and climate change, and wages, and a bunch of other things.