Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I’d say that the bigger assault on your democracy is whatever it is that has allowed so much of your population to buy into and believe his bullshit, and vote into place such morons that are damaging your country.

It’s not obvious, and you can’t point to one simple thing, but it’s taking the US in a less than ideal direction.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

wait there's MORE footage? I've been tuning this shit out so much lately I barely know what's what

does the footage show anything we don't know? Were the cops in on it or some stupid shit?

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Not really. Basically B-roll footage of people moseying around the Capitol. The interesting part is the cops just kind of dicking off with them.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

honestly it would be hard to say what the right thing to do is there -- individually, from a self-preservation perspective I mean. Obviously the "right" thing to do is tell them to GTFO. But if someone clearly demonstrated that they're willing to go to such extreme lengths to trespass and break the law, that they're so clearly insane, and they have you outnumbered by such a large amount... wouldn't it be better to just to play it cool with them and lead them out/away from the high value areas in the least-confrontational manner possible, so that you can live to fight another day?

At least for those cops who are low on the totem pole. They don't get paid enough for that shit. They aren't equipped to handle that shit. If they were decked out in riot gear and had less lethal guns, then fuck yeah go rambo. But if you're just some dude with a face mask and a baton? Yeah Karen, alright we'll recount or whatever you want, pinkie swear I'll make sure we get to it. Here, this door please.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

8. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't have that kind of talent, but Ima definitely try to make some inappropriate snowflakes next year.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a Woody Guthrie reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_machine_kills_fascists

Still kinda lame because nothing on the internet is original, but I don't think it's meant to be an earnest statement about the power of Twitter to actually stop fascists.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My eyes have stopped rolling over my head. But I don’t know, man. She has the Ukraine flag on her profile...

11. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Now that eccentricity is dead, they are coming for coherency.

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This shit show sharts this fall!

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

We’re way passed coherence. We have a President with dementia, an ex-President that has narcissistic personality disorder, batshit Congressional representatives and now a senator that has been in a mental institution for over a month.

18. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At this point, getting Jon Stewart to run is the most rational idea in politics I've heard in months.

We're not far from President Camacho Bieber Tits McPie, and Secretary of Fragile Masculinity, the Rock, and Director of the Department of Hoe-ry, Lauren Hoe-bear. I wanna run the Department of Monster Trucks & Titties in Offensive Bathing Suit Tops, but I think it has to be in Florida, can't do that remote.

I just got a new gig in strategery, and I genuinely have to navigate the absurdity of reconciling "don't send LGBT folks to Texas or Florida, oh and here's an entire list of places we can't have black staff (seriously, I had a field leader compile a list of US Sundown towns)" but also "everyone who is not a white dude must be treated like an angel, or we get accused of making hurricanes and wildfires and COVID-19 systemically racist, despite these people not having any insurance and everyone on Earth concurring you should not rely on the federal government for things like home repair."

19. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That has to be fake, right? The post, I mean, not the overall message.

20. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I assumed so, but out of curiosity I held my nose, opened an Incognito window, and ventured to Truth Social. Wow, is that an awful place. Plus it's infested with homeopathic nonsense ads like, "blind people can restore their vision with this one weird trick."

I scrolled seemingly forever and was still in "1 day old" Trump posts so I exited out before I started leaving racist Google reviews for local businesses.