Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’d rather watch flies fuck than her.

3. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hottest female comedian in the deaf community....

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

She seems like she'd be a good writer, but not comedienne.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah wow. Watching Jane Goodall deliver the opening monologue after someone shoots a chimp right in front of her would be funnier.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The definition of a successful White House correspondent's dinner roast is when you can get the audience to clutch their pearls pretending to be offended over a remark that they don't have the courage to put in print. For this one it was "What's Uncle Tom but for white women who disappoint other white women?"

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

upload_2023-2-27_20-11-19.gif

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The biggest moment was about Sarah Huckabee Sanders eye makeup. Lets you know how fucking lame that set was.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's what FOX complained about after the fact. In the room it was definitely when a white woman called another white woman an Uncle Tom.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Oh that was what the setup was about? The original transcript was confusing and redundant. It would have been better if she kept it more concise. “Who is the ‘Uncle Tom’ of white women?”

Maybe she’s not a great writer either. If she really wanted to make that crowd clutch their pearls, an “Ann Coulter being a tranny” joke would have been way funnier. Or even something like, “Sarah Sanders has got her eye on the Chief of Staff job.”

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I would have paid large sums of money to see Wolf's remarks but delivered by Obama.

Why haven't they done this with AI yet?

12. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Actually surprised Chicago is throwing out their mayor. I didn’t think they had it in them.

14. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe it's my small bubble, but I don't think I've talked to anyone that was happy with her and were more than happy to see her go.

Personally, I'm stunned that the rest of the country is giving a shit about the election. Usually, mainstream media is doing their absolute best to ignore Chicago or endlessly bitching that they are copying [insert random major city].

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It just seems rare to throw out an incumbent of a major city based on job performance.

16. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Chicago has a very, very, very well deserved reputation for heavily entrenched corruption. But I will say, there has been a slow, steady effort to push out the corrupt players and to try to bring in some fresh lifeblood. Whether it's new aldermen for the wards or finally kicking out people like Mike Madigan (although criminal charges probably help). Hell, when a Daley tried running back in 2019 for Mayor, he didn't even clear the runoff. People are getting more and more fed up with the bullshit and (again veeeeery slowly) holding people accountable. And I think that's part of why she's not getting re elected.

I don't it helped that Lightfoot touted herself as this tough, no nonsense reformer. But wound up doing little reforming and her no nonsense approach was basically telling everyone to fuck off at any even remote sign of criticism. Telling black people to stay home if they didn't plan on voting for her pretty much let everyone know who she was and how she was never changing.

Of course I say all of this and it'll probably be Vallas who gets voted in. Old white dudes seem to be the pumpkin spiced latte of politics.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My family that lives in Chicago mentioned the last straw for them was her bullshit about not giving interviews to white reporters or whatever. Empty woke gestures, which pisses off the right, and bending over backwards for police unions, which pisses off the left, is not going to make anyone happy, particularly if crime just spirals out of control in the process.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Chicago is so fucked up. They mayor was shit but their DA is shit concentrate. Adding that you have a racist police department that won’t surge the violence problem… yikes.

Jussie Smollet and Laquan MacDonald put them all in a bad spot, and showed their true colours in the worst way.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like this line really sums up the Republican party in 2023. People who are mad that things didn't go their way in life, taking it out on the rest of us.

#21099 Aetius, Mar 4, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  20. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To respond in true Midwest fashion:

yeah, no.

EDIT: responding to Trump, not to you.