Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elder Scrolls - worth going back to play past games?

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by TanishaEileen, Nov 25, 2011.

1. TanishaEileen

TanishaEileen
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I started playing Elder Scrolls when Oblivion was released and since the release of Skyrim I have probably spent the equivalent of 2 days straight playing, in the last 2 weeks. Still, i'm not very far in and that is why I really love the game! The full on control over what I do and when.

Now, I have 2 questions about this game. Does anyone know if the order I complete my missions effect the gameplay? For example if I followed through on becoming an imperial legion, would that effect my missions as a stormcloak?

Second, is it worth me to go back and attempt to play morrowind or the other originals of this game? I get immersed in the storyline and since playing Skyrim I realize they do try to connect all the games.

I could just read through some reviews of previous games. The thing that concerns me most is the gameplay will feel archaic and I won't enjoy it. When it comes to Mass Effect 1 versus Mass Effect 2 I feel that way- yet even now, I still go back to Mass Effect and replay because I love the storyline and the game.

Suggestions? Also know any tricks or cheats (preferably for money!! haha) I could use? I still have yet to update oblivion because the update "fixes" the money cheat I use but I have updated Skyrim.

2. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Morrowind is a very good title, certainly worth playing.
    Daggerfall feels archaic but is still a good game for what it is, though buggy as hell
    Arena I'd argue is unplayable from a more modern standpoint.

If you're playing on PC can't you just use console commands to give yourself money?

3. TanishaEileen

TanishaEileen
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

AAh thanks I couldn't remember what the titles were! I will try out morrowind if you think its worth it. I love the setting and storyline so if its not to "out of date" that is great.

I have gotten use to the better graphics I now expect details and clarity!! Otherwise I lose interest. I don't even enjoy the nintendo ds anymore because it lacks the intensity that fine graphics induce during hardcore game play.

I play on xbox! although I use to play oblivion on the computer until the game got really cheap for xbox. I prefer the xbox because I can sit on my couch and I like the handiness of the controller.

Have you played Skyrim? I'm curious about the missions and whether they effect each other, specifically when it comes to the imperial legion vs stormcloaks. Right now i've started imperial legion tasks but i'm wondering if I complete them if I will lose my chance to be apart of the stormcloaks?

4. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You will lose the oppertunity to join the Cloaks if you are a member of the legion.

Morrowind isn't pretty, but it's still decent looking for a standard Xbox (non-360) game.

Daggerfall looks like this
    [​IMG]

Arena like this
    [​IMG]

5. TanishaEileen

TanishaEileen
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Thank you! Morrowind doesn't sound to bad but the other two look pretty far gone. That is to bad about the stormcloak missions!! I will hafta pick one I guess. Thanks!