Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Eight-Year-Old... Single Ladies Routine?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dayvan, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You missed the point.

This was a National Championship I would expect the level to be above normal recitals. When I used the term recital in my post it was probably disingenuous to my sister and her cohorts, the event I was referring to was held at the San Diego Sports Arena and I am assuming was a State Championship or something similar. The specific routine I was referrencing was ripped straight out of Flashdance costumes and all. Although admittedly my sister was probably slightly older, maybe 11 or 12.

The point remains, given that as my starting point and with reference to the progression of society over those ensuing years this performance was right where I would expect it. The fact is there was thousands (citation needed) of people cheering and enjoying this performance. I would dare say many more times that number around the country within the Dance Community who did not make that level of competition would look at that performance in awe and as a level to be achieved.

This wasn't a Black Swan event, there are countless other examples of the growing sexualization of children from young popstars to Beauty Pagents to the creation of a Tween consumer market. As per my original post rather than address the overall issue we prefer to remain ignorant with exception of the odd outburst of moral indignation on issues that for one reason or another tip over into main stream media. The same MSM that the next day will happily run a positive story on several thousand 9 or 10 year olds at a concert being consumed by 'Bieberfever'.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm not really sure we remain ignorant of the events that go on, so much as "normal" parents or people tend to just keep away from them. I know that I couldn't give a shit about them, and have no desire to ever give a shit about them, other than the occasional bout of pity for the participants and the shit that must be their life.

The whole 6-year-old beauty queen thing is just a gong show filled with parents that are living vicariously through their kids anyway, and I think they become incredibly jaded to it all or wrapped up in the competition to even think about how screwed up some of it can be, or at least appear to a "normal" part of society.

There's a reason why they made that shit into a TV show... it's not normal to most of us, and it's fucking whacky to the general public.

Mind you, I couldn't give a shit about any kind of Miss ______ or beauty pageant... I think all of that shit is just fucked up, and it's only redeeming qualities are the choice moments that filter up from the various competitions:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mioboo.com/1079/miss-usa-rima-fakih-pole-dancing-picture-unveils-her-past-experience/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mioboo.com/1079/miss-usa-rim ... xperience/</a>

[​IMG]

#62 Nettdata, May 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Should I really be surprised when I roll over to the other side of town wearing my reds in a blue neighborhood and get my ass beat? No.

But then again I fully comprehend the situations involved and am not a seven year-old child being sent by my parent(s) for their own amusement.

4. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

all my single ladies all my single lkadies put your hands up wohoohoo put your hands up up
    i like thie sontg it just makes the sluts easier to spot
    put your hands up in the air!

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's just so out-of-fucking-CONTROL nowadays. Granted, some of these little girls WANT to do it, and if my daughter said she'd want to try, I'd be happy to let her. However, some of these lunatics, particularly in the American South want to fill their own life-void by forcing their little girls to look like spray-tan drag queen freaks and be faced with cold rejection week after week. An innocent little kid should NOT have to go through that, and if they do the parents should be supporting their every move instead of scolding them for not smiling properly at the right time or being charismatic enough. Then, the kid grows up and pulls a fucking Menendez on her folks later in life.

Happy ending.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.