Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Eau du Humanity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crown Royal, Feb 20, 2012.

1. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sunflowers is so nostalgic to me. The only scent that takes me back further would be Love's Baby Soft.

I currently wear either Forbidden Flower by Lolita Lempicka or Maybe Baby by Benefit. The Fragrance by Philosophy is my favorite but its discontinued as is Touch by Tocca. I always find myself drawn to floral/fruity perfumes - the vanilla and musk/oriental perfumes don't appeal to me at all. There are several really popular perfumes that I really like and that smell good on me but I dig wearing something that's not all over the place.

My guy wears Hugo by Hugo Boss and I like it even though it's been around for years. It smells really good on him and it's not the same cologne that every other guy in town is wearing.

I keep a bottle or two of Bath & Body Works body splash in the car in a "clean" smell (Rain Kissed Leaves currently) for the times when I didn't put perfume on and want to smell a little pretty. It also comes in handy when I've just pumped diesel fuel and the nozzle isn't clean and my hands end up gross. A couple sprays, rub and wipe off on a napkin - clean hands!

2. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I use a body scrub that has a vanilla lavender base and that usually is all I wear.

I sometimes wear Ralph Lauren Romance for Women, but I usually forget. I have a pumpkin essential oil that makes me smell like pie, it seems to get to Mr. P pretty well as he won't keep his hands off of me.

On men, less is more, I don't like to taste your cologne.

Clean clothes and a recent shower are best.

3. seelivemusic

seelivemusic
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

After months of putting up with Old Spice the girl got me this stuff called I shit you not, "Fruits-Passion Homme". Yeah. It actually smells pretty damn good and its one of the rare things I've been asked to change about myself so I see it as a win.

I use the #3, can't vouch for any of the others:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fruits-passion.com/f-p-homme-us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fruits-passion.com/f-p-homme-us/</a>

4. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have a bottle of Green Irish Tweed and I like it a lot. Himalaya by Creed is also excellent.

The cologne that I've gotten the most compliments from girls about is A*Men by Thierry Mugler. It has a bit of a chocolatey smell which, I think, is why the chicks dig it.

5. Er yan

Er yan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This has been my favorite for a while now.
    [​IMG]

Second would be this
    [​IMG]

6. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I must be the odd one out. I don't use scented:

Shampoo
    Soap
    Deodorant
    Moisturizer
    Laundry Detergent (including fabric softner)

My shaving cream has a bit of smell, but I wash the smell off well. I can't stand having any scent about me. Jägerette said that a blood hound couldn't find me in an empty room.

On a side note, L'occitane use to make a vanilla perfume that was absolute heaven. An old girlfriend of mine used to wear it, and when I smell something close it takes me back to that time and tugs the heartstrings ever so slightly.

7. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same here, though my deodorant right now is Maine Woodspice scented, I only got it because it was on a ridiculous sale. The last time I applied cologne was probably 2003 (it was the Giorgio Armani one that has already been posted).

8. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't really wear cologne because I still mentally think I'm 14 and not a 'grown-up', so question to all the cologne wearers - do you smell like an ass (or come across as one) if you're rocking cologne with conventional deoderant, like do the smells clash or whatever?

9. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not a big user of scents either. My mom is and always claims I need to use mine or they will evaporate or go bad or some nonsense. I just don't feel the need to put it on if I'm going to work or just doing nothing of importance. I had a roommate in college who, no lie, had 20-25 assorted bottles.

Diesel has been my go-to for awhile.
    [​IMG]
    Started in college as a gift and I have been using it off and on since.

I naturally have a bottle of Aqua di Gio. I find I use the Diesel more often if I go out, a spritz of the Aqua if I'm doing something a bit more formal, as its a bit subtler.

I have a mint body wash scrub that I use in the shower that smells just awesome, so I usually just rely on that for my heavenly day to day fragrance.

For girls, I love Flowerbomb
    [​IMG]
    Its a lot less chemical smelling and abrasive than some perfumes and almost has a baby power-ish smell to it. Love it.

One of my best friends from college is in marketing at L'Oreal in NY, and they actually make a bunch of scents for other brands and companies, so their in-house corporate store is a cologne/perfume wonderland. I get alot of gifts there.

10. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wear Acqua de Gio as well, I buy it as Sams Club because they have the best deal on it.

11. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: I'm currently using a three cologne rotation. I've owned many but always found myself going back to a select few. I really like Burberry London for wintery/woodsy type of scent. Definitely too heavy for summer but perfect for winter. I also have Original Penguin for men and Givenchy Play. Both of these are good and have a hint of spice to them. The Givenchy lasts longer and is a bit more wood scented while the Penguin is a little more citrusy. The Penguin is my go to for now and probably will remain that way.

Alt. Focus: On women I'll second the vote for Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf. It's awesome and stays on forever. It's fairly sweet and floral smelling but not overpowering. One one my old girlfriends had this and I always loved it. I can instantly recognize it. Hands down the best perfume for women.

12. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

I wear Givenchy Hot Couture if I wear anything. Calvin Klein's Beautiful is for days when I don't want to smell like a delicious cotton candy store, which isn't often.

I adore men who smell like leather, or wear spicy/clean smells. Really, the rule goes the same for dudes as it does for women: a light smell that wafts, but doesn't oppress. Om nom.

13. sartirious

sartirious
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I also dig that one, but it's one that either you love it or you hate it. What really intrigues me is the fact that it can smell so distinctly of sweet and candy and chocolate, but not overpoweringly of sugar (like most vanilla-y products). The limited edition offshoots like the coffee A*men and the cigar A*men have also seemed interesting, but not quite good enough to pull the trigger on.

14. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a bottle of Lacoste Essential that my brother got me for my birthday. In 2008. I only wear it when I go out to places that are slightly classier than the shitholes I usually frequent. Things are a changin' though. My girlfriend got me some kind of weird Bath and Bodyworks bodywash that smells slightly like douche. Whatever, it makes her happy and less averse putting her mouth on my balls. Works for me.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I prefers my womens to wear VULVA ORIGINAL. I swear if you broke a vial of this in da club'. You'd see guys turn into fighting man apes.

16. toxic

toxic
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm very picky when it comes to perfume and finally found a scent that I adore-- Chloé Eau de Parfum. The smell is very subtle but will last all day and it's very fresh smelling. Not too fruity/sweet and not too floral. Most of them give me headaches but I can't get enough of Chloe.

For guys, I really like Calvin Klein Free. It smells like he just got out of the shower. Very refreshing.

My old boss who is 50 would come into the office from the gym in the morning and spray Axe all over himself. I sat near him and wanted to poke my eyes out everyday.

17. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't fuck around with cologne, but I usually use Stetson aftershave if I'm going somewhere nice. Otherwise it's just the ice-cold Aqua Velva for me. Deodorant - Old Spice High Endurance. I'm a simple man.

I do have this orange-ginger Bath & Body Works lotion that I stole from a hotel back in the day. Shit smells like citrus and sex. It's glorious.

I hear Acqua di Gio is fantastic, though.

18. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Mrsanthropic feels the same, which is why i haven't worn cologne regularly for over a dozen years. Even if I was in the mood to start wearing some again, it would likely set off all kinds of bells with her. I see no reason to alarm her unnecessarily.

Alt. Focus: I really liked that one perfume that a bunch of chicks used to wear a few years ago. It smelled good, kind of like that thing, with a little bit of some other stuff, but not too much. That stuff was great. You know?

19. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Pure pheromones. I think I've gotten more ass wearing this than any other scent:

[​IMG]

20. rachiii

rachiii
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I wear a huge range of scents depending on my mood. My current go to is Bittersweet, by TokyoMilk. It's a cake flour/chocolate/musk perfume, and men fucking love it. It's a little less girly sweet than most of the stuff that's been brought up here, but I absolutely adore it.

I also wear CK IN2U a lot during the winter. During summer, I have two perfumes from Clean--Fresh Laundry and Warm Cotton--and those are great, really light and clean (obvi) and not overpowering. I also wear the Cucumber roll on from Kiehl's a ton.

Finally, and this one's a little embarrassing, when I just want something super girly, I wear this perfume by Christian Audigier and Ed Hardy. Douchiest bottle ever, but it smells so good!

I don't really know what I like on men--woodsy manly things? That smell like the outdoors and leather and stuff? I used to work on cattle ranches, so things that bring that sort of to mind are super exciting. But mostly I just really like clean.