Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dude, you never know when you need a pimp cane

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silway, Oct 26, 2010.

1. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alt. Focus: Everyone should keep Vivarin/No-Doze/whatever in their car. After too many times I drove at an unsafe level of tired I started keeping these in the car in case I found myself having to drive while way too tired. They are literally lifesavers.

2. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In my trunk right now there is my golf clubs and shoes, my baseball equipment (glove, cleats, bat, 2 dozen balls) and my bowling ball and shoes. The seats and floors are devoid of clutter. So...no, nothing weird really. I suppose it might be weird that I keep my car clean, since I'm literally the only person I know who does, aside from my mother and father.

3. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I keep my tool box, tow straps, ratchet straps, rope, chain, etc in my truck. I also always keep some means of starting a fire, just in case. In the winter, I keep a shovel, a few blankets, and some extra warm clothes in the back as well.

4. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Right now, I've got so much shit in my car it isn't funny.

On the floor of the backseat I've got a 6'x8' blue tarp, four 48" bungee cords, three really old towels, a plastic bag filled with other plastic bags, an empty jar, and a pair of my girlfriend's sneakers.

My trunk is a disaster. I've got 2 home theater subwoofers, a small guitar amp, a mummy-style sleeping bag, four trac-ball raquets with two balls, a frisbee, a small GI shovel, an ice scraper, hip waders, a Brookstone car emergency kit, a pair of winter boots, 2 umbrellas, a pull-over rain coat, and a 190pc. Craftsman mechanics tool set. I'd be hard-pressed to squeeze a fart in there right now (Sidenote: some of those things, like the subwoofers and the guitar amp, are mine from my mom's house she just moved out of and I haven't taken the time to pull them out yet. The rest of the stuff I don't really have an excuse for).

As far as what every car should have, I think that a decent small shovel (not some plastic POS), an ice scraper, a flashlight, a good lug nut tool, and a sleeping bag or blanket are a must. Going beyond that, a pair of boots, some sort of first aid kit, a knife, some duct tape, some basic tools (screwdrivers, adjustable wrench, pliers/vise grips), and maybe some granola bars and a couple bottles of water would be decent things to have as well.

5. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alt. Focus:

- Mud boots
    - Collapsable hand saw
    - Crap blanket to cover seats
    - At least a 7 foot utility rope; mine is about 10 ft and a half inch thick
    - Hunting knife or something similar
    - A few baggies
    - Dog treats (dogs like me, but when push comes to pit bull, I've got something to hedge my bets)
    - 2 light jackets (and if it gets cold, windproof shells). I only really care about me, but the second one is in case of a female. Months after my wife and I started dating, she said one of her favorite things when she first met me was how I always had a jacket for her.... Yes, that was the extent of my game at the time. Or maybe she was just really easy.

6. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Crap in my car:
    - Caffeinated mints, they make life so much easier.
    - A netbook that lives in my car and never leaves. I didn't use it in my house, and now I can continue to not use it in my car / on vacation.
    -Road hockey goalie equipment, because you never know when you'll just stumble across a game that needs a fatass to play goal.
    -a USB key that used to be on my keyring until it broke featuring various "Fix fucked up/virus infested computers" software
    -Hockey team car flag which I keep assuming I'll put up after a win or on game day but hasn't been put up since the post season (May)
    -Spare jacket
    -Half a medicine cabinet's contents in my glove compartment because having ibuprofin and gaviscon is always useful
    -Gloves and Hand santizer because diesel pumps are fucking disgusting nine times out of ten
    -Every fuel reciept I've incurred since getting this car in January (There have been fights with VW warranty where they claim you filled your car with gas instead of diesel, so I document that shit in case my engine spontaniously dies. And by document I mean "stuff into an empty kleenex box and kick under my driver's seat")

7. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't have a car, but I do have a locker. Items that live in or have lived in that locker has been a bottle of whisky and a coffee maker, with coffee beans, sugar, and a mug.

Thugg life.

8. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I always throw a pair of heels and a blazer in the back just in case I need to dress up a bit more for going out after work. Other than that it's pretty much Tim Hortons/Starbucks wrappers and cups.

9. Lasersailor

Lasersailor
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

2 Wetsuits, 1 wetsuit shirt, 3 pairs of wetsuit shoes.

I don't actually do anything in the water, I just like the look and feel of a wetsuit while driving...

10. Noahh

Noahh
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Toilet paper. You don't think about bringing it until you have shit on your hand.

11. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have:

Shooting targets
    1 box of brownie mix
    1 box of chicken boullion cube
    sun screen
    The Encyclopedia of Country Living
    1 pair of underwear (mine)
    1 pair of chucks
    several toys for my son
    1 box #7 1/2shotgun shells
    1 brick of 22LR shells
    a Gerber LMF II knife
    a canteen for eating out of
    a small bundle of 550 paracord
    2 lighters
    an aluminum mess kit
    a collapsible shovel
    bungee cords

For the longest time I drove around with a backpack in the back filled with medical supplies, extra food, an extra pair of clothes, my Leatherman, a Swiss Army Knife (backup)and several bottles of water. I stopped doing that since I no longer drive on a regular basis.
    (No Im not in the military or ever have been)

12. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    -Carhartt jacket
    -Laptop
    -AR15 rifle
    -Remington 870 shotgun
    -M&P .40 pistol
    -4 way reciever hitch
    -Jumper cables
    -Sunglasses
    -Smokes
    -Starfire iTC RTK GPS reciever
    -Cupholder full of spare change
    -About 10 empty Monster energy drink cans
    -Various boxes of different ammunition
    -Garmin GPS
    -Maglite 6-cell flashlight
    -Road atlas
    -Phone book

13. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My love for drinking and fear of DUI have have convinced me to keep an Aerobed in my car. Best decision ever.

Also keep a road atlas as well, I have GPS, but you never know when it's going to crap out on you or when you won't be able to get a signal.

14. Sleeves

Sleeves
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

In my trunk I imagine I have everything a male stripper would have.

Got a construction hat, Sombrero, a couple plastic firemen helmets and a bandanna along with the usual pair of pants and underwear.

Oh.. I also have a sign we used at a soccer game last year that says Caitlyn (Insert last name) gives bad head. She was the name of the opposing teams best players girlfriend.

15. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Roughly 700 dollars in parking tickets from my school litter my floorboards.
    -Bottle of dip spit
    -golf clubs
    -dead car battery
    -spare badge
    -glock 26
    -box of 9mm shells
    -kickball
    -jumprope
    -jumper cables
    -pair of work gloves
    -golf shoes
    -neon green traffic vest
    -flashlight
    EDIT: My school has a separate parking enforcement entity they can't legally run license plates, meaning that unless you park in a fire lane tickets are just empty threats that are supposed to be tacked on with your tuition if not paid. I have yet to be billed for a single one.

16. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I found my dive computer, dive knife and a pack of 36 condoms. I can account for the first two but the last, not really. I had a FWB who liked sex in strange places (outdoors, mostly) but I didn't own this car when we were doing our thing. I just don't remember putting that many condoms in my car trunk.

I also found a small bag of pot in my car from the guy who owned it before me. It was all dried up and looked terrible, so I threw it out.

17. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to keep a small duffel with an emergency kit in it. And by emergency I mean a change of clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, condoms, and a bottle of bourbon. About 10 years ago I ran out of toothpaste and used the tube I had in it. Then I washed the clothes, threw out the condoms, and drank the bourbon.

Now I have about $30 worth of change, a couple of pens, and a car seat for my daughter.

Yeah, I'm a wild one.

18. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I didn't know any better, I'd say I was reading a thread based on what people would carry in the event of a Mad Max apocalypse.

I've got a jacket and scarf in my trunk, various half consumed bottles of water and a roll of duct tape in my cabin. I figure if my vehicle ever dies in the middle of a blizzard, I'm fucked anyway. (It's a convertible with duct tape covering the holes, cuz I'm classy like that.)

19. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I live in the country. Out here, a lot of critters need dyin'.

It just happens to be an added bonus that I'm prepared to kill everything in sight if shit hits the fan.

20. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This thread is right up my alley. My coworkers and friends joke that I could live out of my truck.

-About 3 full sets of clothing, including various jackets
    -Highheels
    -Maglight
    -4 college books
    -Various pens and pencils
    -Lots of empty packets of cigarettes
    -Pool Cue ( Hey, I love to play.)
    - 10w 30 oil and funnel (I have an oil leak.)
    -Lots of napkins
    -Lots of change
    -Bottle of 153 Grain Alcohol, unopened.
    -Hairbrush, hairspray, and hair scrunchies
    - .22 magnum
    - Bullets
    -Turkey Beard
    -Pictures
    -Stuffed, life-like spider
    -Handcuffs
    - Some DVDs

I think that might be it...