Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

DRUUUUUUNK T?HRE?AD! WOO! AH! YEAHQ WDT 8/11/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

I had soime fantasy football draft tonight, so I am not in a possision to say anything other than this:

Yall better post pictures of yalls meat up and stuff. I;'m not kidding at all. Do it. No meeat ups allowed wiithoiught pictures.

Eventhough I'm not going to ANY OF EM. Not even in my AREA. because UGH@

2. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So you want to see everyone's dick? I guess I will avoid the drunk thread this week.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

You suck blue puppy! I think pictures will be fun, but I don't think I'm posting any of them without the explicit permission of the others. That would just be too cruel.

4. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Rawr!

5. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My days off rotate. Here's to actually being drunk for the drunk thread!

6. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't worry, I'll post a picture of me in my sexy uniform getting my wings pinned on me...ya know, for the ladies. Hopefully that takes care of your picture desires Sr. Perro Azul.

7. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This stuff is $10.49/case in my local booze store and know what? It ain't bad, and I like the name of the brand.

[​IMG]
    Given, I have a taste for warm shitty beer at times but hey... it could be worse. It could be Miller. It could be way more expensive too! Varnish fumes and this stuff are a great combination.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

In honour of Diablo's winging, here's one of my all-time favourite heavy-helo pics.

Columbia Helicopters, in 1982, towing an ice barge.

Awesome.

Story in the spoiler.

n June 1982, Columbia Helicopters was hired by Sohio to participate in a test on Alaska's North Slope. The purpose of this test was to evaluate the ability of a helicopter - the Boeing Vertol 107-II - to tow a fully-loaded hover barge over water, snow and ice.

The test began in Prudhoe Bay on June 17. The Vertol's 600-foot long line was connected to hover barge ACT-100, jointly owned by Global Marine Development and VECO. Air blowers on the 170-ton barge forced a cushion of air under the barge, which was kept in place by rubberized skirt material.

This first test was run around Prudhoe Bay with an empty barge, and was successful. During this and subsequent tests, the aircraft often flew with a nose-down angle approaching 25 degrees. Next, ACT-100 was loaded with 40 tons of cargo for another close-in test run. Once more, the helicopter showed it could move the barge despite the additional weight. The final aspect of the test was to tow the hover barge over a 50-mile course to a drill site named Alaska Island where Sohio had just completed an oil well.

During the tow to the island, headwinds over 30 knots were encountered, and snow and ice buildup were also factors. Regardless, the Vertol was able to bring the empty barge to the island successfully. On the return trip to Prudhoe Bay, when this photo was taken, the barge carried 50 tons of cargo, bringing the total weight to 220 tons. As with the previous tests, this task was accomplished successfully.

This photograph is one of longtime Columbia Helicopters' photographer Ted Veal's most famous photographs. The use of a powerful telephoto lens makes it appear as though the helicopter is closer to the ice than is actually the case.

Attached Files:

9. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Very Awesome ND, and appropriate for my winging. Two of the 15 Navy guys who are winging with me get the Sled Tower Aircraft for the Navy...the same thing I will fly, the CH-53E, only the Navy version. These guys' only mission is to drag a 'sled' in the ocean and search for mines. An incredibly pointless mission as there are no more mines in the ocean that can do anything to the Submarines...it's funny that people can still select this platform. At least the Marines use the aircraft to it's potential and sling up tanks and whatnot to the bottom to transport to the front line.

10. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Diablo. If you ever fly a Sikorsky helicopter, my father will have machined a part of it. So if it crashes, blame him.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

But take your vengeance on Zyron.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Sins of the father and all that...

13. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, the 53 is a Sikorsky manufactured Helo...so I'll be flying that bad boy in a couple months. If I survive the crash...if there ever is one, I'll come find you...

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

An impromptu drunk thread? THE HELL YOU SAY!

Seriously, how the hell do these things get approved?

I guess I'll put up some good music, and a picture of a beautiful woman:

[​IMG]

#14 dixiebandit69, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  15. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My Grandmother (92 now) was a secretary at Sikorsky and actually worked in the main office that Igor Sikorsky did. Annnddd that's all the almost interesting shit I got.

16. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why did noone tell me RW/RR Challenge was back on? I picked it back up this week, and I still really wanna fuck that les Ev. Paula is also even hotter now that her insecurities have brunette hair.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You worry way too much about the ways of the mods... just enjoy.

When it comes to the WDT, it's whenever the hell Blue Dog wants to. It could be a Tuesday morning, and he could fire one up.

Based on the degradation of comprehension of the initial post based on the last few, either he's playing the role of Charlie from Flowers for Algernon, or he's hitting the sauce. Or both.

18. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In honour of and inspired by Diablo winging it:

Body paint is fun!

And one for the ladies (sorry it's so small - I don't know how to resize):

Attached Files:

19. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've read "Flowers for Algernon," and I liked it. It was sad, but I liked it. It was sort-of a 1960's version of
    Limitless, minus the happy ending.

Anyway, here's a happy ending that I don't think anyone will argue about:
    [​IMG]

20. Ins

Ins
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

*Some sort of penis joke*

I was at a beerfest awhile back and remembered enjoying Hockley Valley Traditional English Ale. I couldn't think of the name until now and it doesn't seem to be available around here. If it holds up to the memory I either want this beer or more of this style because it was right up my alley.
    Delicious.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.