Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

DRUNK THREAD MOTHER EFFERS!!! 8/20/10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tabu? Really? I thought it was passable, but preferred Ulex. Check it out, if you can find it.

2. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This week is restaurant week in DC. Today, I had a late lunch at Charlie Palmer Steakhouse, at 2. Pre-appetizer was a very dry vodka martini. Appetizer was a pretty amazing house-cured salmon on a bed of creamy fingerline potato salad with a bacon (yes, I said bacon) vinagrette. Entree was a pan-seared sirloin on a bed of roasted garlic, braised mustard greens, and peral onions with an au poivre. With a vodka soda. And a glass of a 2006 California Cab. Desert was a mint creme brulee. And I've si9nce had three beers, and now I'm drinking shitty white wine. Yay Friday!

3. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Much ado about nothing: the Verizon guy on the phone just told me I average 1,826 text messages monthly. I need a social life. In all fairness, I'm sure at least 30% of that are Twitter updates I get from ESPN and TFLN.

Also, I bought Johnny Walker Red on a tip from an older guy at the liquor store who overheard me asking the guy up front for suggestions on good brown liquor. I've only ever had Cuervo and Beam so I'm pretty limited. Like, I have no idea what Crown Royal or Jameson taste like. I've got much experimenting to do.

4. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Crown Royal, Jameson and Canadian Club are the bee's knees if you want to enjoy a whiskey and wouldn't mind mixing them (Whiskey + 7up = heavenly). Johnny Red is really good too but you can't mix Johnnys (even the lower tier ones like Red and Black), you have to have them neat.

You've only have Cuervo and Beam... like ever?

5. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Up until this point, yes. Until early this year, I avoided brown liquor at all costs. I'd had it a couple times in the past and couldn't stand it. Then when I decided to give it another honest go, I tried Beam when someone on here suggested it as something to start with, and Cuervo has only been in the form of shots + lime with friends. I'm still playing catch-up.

I could just be stubborn, but I prefer my liquor neat anyway. I rarely mix, and have yet to like it. Still, I'm willing to try the 7-Up or any similar suggestions in the future. But I've learned that dark soda and dark liquor does not a very merry Friday make.

6. LadyLecter

LadyLecter
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

As long as no random neighbor out of nowhere asks me if I would carry her and her husbands baby it will be a much calmer and less bizzare evening. My neighbor apparantly spends her days living in crazy town and last night tried to invite me aboard.

7. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm out of good beer which is annoying. Not that I can't/won't drink Coors cans but I had a bunch of Vacationland at lunch and my palate wants more good stuff.

Good thing marijuana makes everything taste better.

Can't get too shitty since I'm hoping to take a new Z06 out for a rip. I've heard amazing things. Need to experience it.

Speaking of neighbors mine are moving! I'm tepidly excited since I really don't like him but I realize I could get the neighbors from hell next.

8. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you are going to get Johnny Walker get the black. Only slightly more expensive than the red, with a much smoother taste, but nowhere near as pricey as the green or blue.

And Cuervo is best done as a body shot. Lick the salt off of your attractive barmate's neck, do the shot, then shoot the lemon from the orifice of your choice.

9. LadyLecter

LadyLecter
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The two guys who lived in the apartment above me moved out a few weeks ago. It's been really nice as they played blaring loud rap music at 8am on Saturday mornings that would come right through the ceiling of my bedroom. So I've been enjoying the quiet.

I'm paranoid as well about who might take over. It could end up being even worse.

10. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I declare Shenanigans on this. Black can be drunk neat, but Red? Bleh. At the very least, you need a handful of ice to smooth out that longshoreman sweat. Seltzer helps, too.

Scotch is not a good mixing whiskey unless you're talking about Rob Roys or Rusty Nails, which are making a comeback which is awesome because they fucking rule. The worse the scotch is, the more ice and soda water are permissible. Using anything else (Coke, Sprite, juice) usually produces a shitty-tasting beverage. If you're going to pour sugar into brown liquor, you're better off using a bourbon or Canadian whiskey. They're typically sweeter to begin with, and pair better with high-fructose corn syrup. Beam into Coke is drinkable. Scotch into Coke tastes like smoky Coke.

11. clb

clb
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Going camping tomorrow... for the first time ever. What equipment do I need? And by equipment I mean booze. Suggestions appreciated.

12. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

You'll need a cell phone so that you can call the Comfort Suites when you realize how much camping sucks and you want a proper bed with indoor plumbing.

Can the theme for this weekend be fruits and vegetables?

[​IMG]

13. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll post pictures tomorrow if I get them. I don't expect to be back on here.

If I die, someone can have my stereo.

14. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll be sitting in the house having a few Busch Lights tonight. Gotta save all my ones for tomorrow's retarded bachelor party. Going out for dinner and drinks before taking the bachelor to the gym (picture a warehouse with a giant open, padded space). 5 'dancers', a few kegs and 2 bounce castles. Yes, drunk bounce castle with whores.

The big surprise for the bachelor, who's only request was "I don't want to penetrate anything", is that we're having a stripper put a strap on on him then fuck that. Only matters because he's been saving himself for his hot ass fiancee for 6 years.

15. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I need a beer or a few, it's been a very long week. But I'm done with the hardest flights of flight school, and I'll get to fly all by myself on Monday!!! Hooray!

16. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a pubcrawl tonight. I think I might just bypess the "10 or so beers" level and just go bourbon all night. I may even cut loose on some women and see how many of the anti pick up lines I can use before getting slapped to the face.

17. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's my sister's birthday. This night is always a shitshow. Last year we got my mom to smoke weed. This year she's going to a bar where they spank you on a mechanical bull. I would take pictures, but I don't want anyone to know I'm related to this girl.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Scored some vegetation that I will call "The Widow Maker". Wheeee!

Have to D.J. In Lower Asscrackylvania tomorrow night. Wonder what creatures of the night I'll encounter drunk of their asses. I'm amped.

#38 Crown Royal, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  19. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds good to me.
    [​IMG]

20. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top