Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

DRUNK THREAD, DRUNK THREAD, DRUNK THREAD OOOOOHHH! 7/15/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I turn 21 Sunday night, becoming one of societies legal drinkers. I have a drinking ticket court date in August, which I think is entirely retarded. Are they going to warn me against the dangers of drinking underage then?

Despite that, this weekend will be consist of me staying in or at the pool reading A Dance With Dragons until Sunday night finally rolls around.

There are around 10 people already saying they want to go to the bar, and each of them wants to buy me a drink. I plan on projectile vomiting at some point and staying out until the bars close.

2. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I need these in my life.

[​IMG]

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

True, then again the only other drive-in in the state is in my town so I could probably do that one and get nice and scotch-drunk. Decisions, decisions...

Crap, did I just give away my location?

4. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Huh? When I got my tickets in Madison the court date was maybe two weeks afterwards. At least I was in the courthouse for only 15 minutes.

5. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really?!
    I was planning on going to see a matinee in a couple hours to avoid seeing anyone dressed up as Ron, but getting shit faced at the drive in sounds like a much better idea. Mansfield is also much better than the one in Pleasant Valley as far as drive ins go. Plus a trip to Jack Rabbit's for wings to bring into the movie... You sir are approaching genius status.

6. Poopourri

Poopourri
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

What do you CT folks know about Westport? Just a bunch of rich folks, ie: Darien or is it different?

7. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're on the other side of the river? I feel like we're worlds apart now.

Getting hammered at the drive in is fucking awesome, I did it last weekend with Horrible Bosses. I'll have to check out Jack Rabbit's next time I go, that stuff looks delicious.

Also, how many CT residents do we have on this board?

8. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went to school at Fairfield and worked in Westport. Yes, a bunch of rich people.

And here's one for you BD!

#28 Now Slappy, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  9. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because posting just pics is not good enough:

#29 $100T2, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  10. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Westport is the redheaded step child to the much cooler towns down by the shore in that area.
    They have a few good restaurants, but the majority of the town is crammed into a 4x4 block of streets and most of that is taken up by "high end" businesses. Think Coach store, fancy knick knack shop, sex in the city like clothing boutique.

They are getting a Shake Shack though and they put on a really good used book sale at their library every year. Actually this weekend if I'm not mistaken.

11. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I have to go to a wedding tomorrow afternoon but otherwise I've got absolutely nothing going on this weekend and I'm going to enjoy it.

I'm going to start by running to the store and picking up a handle of a tasty beverage
    [​IMG]
    and parking myself on the couch with a book...as soon as I decide what to read next.

12. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is Arnie's Place still there? What a shady operation that was, man I could tell some stories about that place.

13. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not gonna lie. I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter last night. If you have been following the franchise, you will not be disappointed by this film. There is some pretty good action and a lot of suspenseful situations. Although, it's not worth going to see it in 3D.

14. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wife left yesterday for a girls' weekend, youngest daughter is in Florida until tomorrow, so I'm taking my oldest out to dinner tonight to a hi-end steakhouse. It has been an hellacious week school-wise: 6 written assignments and 2 midterms.

Got home a little after 10:00 last night after working a full day, then 4 hours of class, and daughter #1 asks if I want to go to the midnight premiere of Harry Potter. I don't want to see the movie PERIOD, let alone at that hour. I don't get the appeal of the midnight premiere. The only movie I've seen in a theatre at midnight is Rocky Horror, and the last time I did that, Reagan was unraveling Carter's mess.

15. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow...that's getting into some next level nostalgia there. I think my brother may still have one of their shirts buried in my parent's attic.
    I think I even had a birthday party there when I was 7 or 8.

Google search says it's closed and it looks like it was replaced by a grocery store.

16. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, yeah...I'm old I know, thanks for reminding me. I worked in the pool hall portion of the place back in '91 and '92 while I was in college.

17. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of Connecticut, I was born in Stamford, grew up in Groton (near the sub base) and then Ledyard. Was just up in New Haven this past weekend for a wedding, as a matter of fact.

Can't wait for five o'clock...

18. twopy

twopy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Who the fuck cares about Harry Pottercoming out when the new Winnie the Pooh drops today?

19. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't get into these children's movies (or music) like the masses. I know so many adults who had tickets to the midnight showing last night. The last time I was stoked and bought tickets to a midnight showing was for the remastered Star Wars releases.

Forever ago...

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nice video; awful, awful song.

Since this thread is somehow turning into the "ZOMG! Connecticut!" thread, I'd like to get back to this.

Serious questions: Guys, does anybody like this style bikini? I hate those things. Girls, why do you wear those? Are you hiding a scar or something?

Now, this is what I'm talking about. That's barely a step above 2 bandaids and dental floss.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.