Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Drink of the Week Drunk Thread- 7/19/12

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

For a little something new this week, we will now sometimes have OFFICIAL alcohols for some weeks. Whenever there is an OFFICIAL Drink of the Week (DotW), everyone can make a point of incorporating it in someway in their weekend activities, so we are all kinda on the same page and have some sense of unity in our inebriation. You don't have to drink the particular Drink of the Week if you don't want to, but you won't be as cool or awesome as everyone else iffin' you don't. Loser. Butthole. Nerd. Jerk. HEY EVERYONE, POINT AND LAUGH AT THE PERSON WHO DOESN'T WANT TO DRINK WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS DRINKING!

Sigh... Shunning people outside of the social loop makes me happy. Makes me feel like I actually went to one of those high schools they showed in 80's and 90's movies...

Anyway, because do what I want- this weeks Drink of the Week is......... BOURBON. (This includes Jack Daniels and other American whiskeys not exclusively made in KY)

So yeah- go have a whiskey drink this weekend. Tell us about it. Tells is if you love it. Tell us if its gross. If you've never had it before, you now have a reason to go and try something new and tell us what you think. If you have had a bad experience with it and have sworn off of it forever, tell us the story about how it happened.

Throughout most weeks, I'll take suggestions via rep or PM if you have a certain drink/beer/type of alcohol that you want to be featured. I'll give you full credit if you're picked, of course.

But anyway, I just finished my second Old Charter press, my bourbon as I watch "Despicable Me". Its nice. I like it.

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like a trip to the ABC tomorow to pick up a bottle of Four Roses, it's been awhile since I had it, this is a good excuse.

Good stuff here

#2 Flat_Rate, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's a topless shot of Rose McGowan to start this drunk thread:

[​IMG]

4. Psk

Psk
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Lucky that I got myself a bottle of Bulleit Bourbon in my bar.

As mentioned in last week's WDT, I went and saw Daniel Norgren last weekend. He was amazing, definitely worth going, and met a beautiful woman there.

But what made that night was the supporting act. To make it clear, the concert was in a small venue, maybe 300 pax there, maximum. The guy hasn't really broken through yet, so I wasn't expecting much from the support. They blew me away. I haven't seen such stage presence since I saw The Hives- which I list as the best concert of many I've been to.

The guys are called Factory Brains, and are a 3 man outfit from Stockholm. They only just got signed by Universal and released their debut album. I've been checking out Youtube and can only find old clips of them performing live, none of which do them justice. Luckily they've recorded a music video for their single. Now, I know this reads like a spam ad in a Youtube comment, but check them out.

#4 Psk, Jul 19, 2012
  5. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

So, I had an interesting thing happen on the train home from work just now. The car I walk in to nearly empties out at my station, and I grab a seat on a wide open bench. As the doors close, I am hit with an unmistakable smell. This car smells like shit. Literally. I watch as everyone in the entire car has a conversation with each other without ever opening our mouths. We only have to look at each other.

"You smell that, right?"
    "It smells like poop in here, right? Human poop?"
    "Where's it coming from?"
    "I don't know but I feel like it's everywhere."
    "Am I sitting on something? Did you step in something?"

We're all looking around for a homeless person or a baby, who are usually the culprits of a car smelling like shit, but there isn't any to be found. So we're all sitting there, silently panicking and not knowing what to do.

Then, at the next stop, the guy that had been sitting across from me gets up to leave AND THERE IS POOP ON THE BENCH. And everyone in the car collectively silently goes: GGGGAAAAAASSSSSSPPPP!!!!!! And the guy was completely nonchalant about it. I watch him exit the car and he doesn't even try to cover his ass from sight or anything.

But what I can't figure out is, what was left there was something akin to a skid mark accompanied by a few crumbles of poo. Did it seep through the denim? Did it somehow get pushed out of the top of his pants and then he sat on it again? Had he simply sat in something before and had, in fact, not shat his pants? But the smell was too fresh and too strong to be coming from just that smudge. There had to have been more of it somewhere, presumably in his pants. I was pondering the logistics of it the whole ride. He didn't seem like the type of guy to shit his pants. He wasn't very old. He wasn't visibly drunk. I don't know.

I enjoyed how the silent communication continued after he left. I kept watching people come in and either go to sit in that spot or sit near it, smell something, and see it. And then they'd look around wildly and we'd catch each other's eyes and I'd confirm that "Yes, that is human feces. Welcome to New York."

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And there is your weekly New York tourism advertisement.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    These are just to good not to share: (From a 1950's safety handbook)

[​IMG]

Creepy McFeely is bad enough, but what the fuck is up with the girl on the far left? Why is she wearing a fake mustache?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

I'm going to print this out, and whenever people act all aghast that I've never been to NYC I'll just hand this to them.

9. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I have absolutely no idea how I got here, but here I am:

(You may just want to mute it.)

#9 audreymonroe, Jul 20, 2012
  10. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the hell were you googling?

11. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

About a week or so ago, I had the finest Manhattan I've ever had the pleasure of tasting. It was, oddly enough, in Manhattan. (Specifically, Lucille's in B.B. King's Blues Club if you happen to be dropping past). With vague hopes of duplicating that experience, I have actually just returned from the bottleshop (liquor store for you Americans) with some Basil Hayden's, some sweet vermouth, and some bitters. Oh, and maraschino cherries. I plan to experiment with the ratio of bourbon to vermouth until I can no longer stand under my own power.

12. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Something smooth before the weekend really gets going.

#12 dubyu tee eff, Jul 20, 2012
  13. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Our Chief Operating Office has been in town all week and is now gone. While he is an easy going and very bright guy it will be nice to ditch the safety equipment and say "fuck" with total abandon in the office like God intended for the workplace.

#13 Noland, Jul 20, 2012
  14. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can't remember the last time I drank bourbon. I used too often, but I've been all about the beers lately (or shots). I suppose this weekend is as good as any to say hello to an old friend. Can I cheat and have it with coke? I only really like my Scotch Whiskey straight.

15. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Sorry, Blue. I will not be participating in Bourbon Weekend. I don't drink Jack Daniels after a shitty Cinco de Mayo about 7 years ago. The party was winding down, and roomie was making out with a boy in my room. I was standing in the kitchen talking to a boy we had taken under our wing. He was like a little brother. Anyway, Taylor asked if I wanted to go to Roomie's room and make out. I responded by turning my head and puking my guts out in the kitchen sink. Seriously. Black beans and Jack everywhere. It was explosive. And, he was so drunk/desperate that he still wanted to make out afterwards. To be fair, I had been smoking that night also, so I can't blame it solely on Jack. Every time I smell it I shudder a little bit. One of my klassier nights, for sure.

16. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't really need an excuse to go out and buy a bottle of Eagle Rare, but I'm definitely doing that now.

Also, I don't use the word "iffin" enough. I'm going to incorporate that into my vocabulary more often--perhaps while whittlin' and giving directions to random people as they pass my porch.

In other news, last night two of my favorite things combined to create one beautiful symbiotic act...
    ...as I got a blow job while watching The Fifth Element.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Clearly, the dude had to go really bad. He was doing the ol' bounce-from-one-foot-another-while-screaming-to-himself-Why-can't-I-get-this-belt-undone?! dance. He yanked down his pants, but had already started to blow mud, and some of the missile fire got on the inside back of his waistband. After he was done, when he pulled his pants back up, he just sort of drug it all over everything.

Also, here's a handy list, if anybody needs some ideas:

Top Twenty-five Best Bourbon
    (from BlueKitchen.net)
    alphabetical

Angel's Envy
    Baker's
    Basil Hayden's
    Bernheim
    Black Maple Hill
    Booker's
    Buffalo Trace
    Bulleit
    Corner Creek
    Eagle Rare SB
    Elijah Craig
    Elmer T Lee
    Evan Williams SB
    Fighting Cock
    Four Roses
    Hirsch
    Jim Beam Black
    Jefferson's
    Knob Creek
    Maker's Mark
    Maker's 46
    Old Forester
    Pappy Van Winkle
    Rebel Yell
    Russell's Reserve
    Wathen's
    WL Weller
    Woodford

Worst
    Old Crow
    Early Times
    Ten High
    Old Taylor
    Ezra Brooks
    Kentucky Gentleman
    McCormick, Monarch, or Potter's

18. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Someone who couldn't afford a babysitter after shelling out $5.35 for a soda?

19. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought the parents who took their three young children to see TED were pretty whack. They probably just thought it was a teddy bear movie. Well until the Jew jokes started.

20. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love a bottle of Knob Creek when my wallet says it's cool, but Buffalo Trace is my go-to. Kick ass stuff for $25 or so. Old fashioned glass with a few ice cubes and two-three fingers of bourbon and yer set!

Okay Bluedog it looks like I'll be hitting the good stuff this weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.