Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Downloading

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by E. Tuffmen, Oct 19, 2009.

1. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This may be a really stupid question, but when downloading torrents, do you guys worry about safety? How possible is it to get busted either by the copyright holder or my ISP? What can I do to ensure better safety?

2. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not a stupid question at all. Try Peer Guardian or Peer Block, which is essentially the same thing. I think Peer Guardian is no longer supporting the application and Peer Block took over. You can choose from several lists that will block certain IP addresses that are known to track P2P and torrent downloading. It also works for adware and spyware.

As for how likely you are to get busted, it depends on what you're downloading. A few months ago, before I found out about the above-mentioned programs, I downloaded Assassin's Creed for PC and I received a nice letter from my ISP asking me to delete the program. I laughed, of course. They called me a pirate. I was kind of proud and wasthisclose to buying an eye patch. For weeks I kept telling everyone I know. "I'm a pirate!" I still have the letter.

3. CubbieBlue

CubbieBlue
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Does anyone know if Demonoid is ever going to come back online? I have tried using isohunt, but I haven't had much luck. Is anyone else handing out invites to any other trackers?

4. ILikePie

ILikePie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

What? I've had three different major ISPs within the past year and a half and neither throttled or banned torrents. Currently if I have enough peers I can download at up to 2 megs a second.

With public shit, you also run the risk of horrendous quality/transcodes/mutt rips of music, viruses, and non specialized search engines.

5. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Switch to btjunkie.org ; It indexes both demonoid and isohunt anyway.

6. PaleBlueDot

PaleBlueDot
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

#46 PaleBlueDot, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  7. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If anyone knows a spot where I can get The Road I would appreciate a PM. It's not playing anywhere around here and I really want to check it out.

8. rbz90

rbz90
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Hey, if this is not the place to act I'm sorry. Does anyone know how to configure DC++ if they have wireless internet? I know I am supposed to do something with the router but not sure what. Right now I can connect to hubs but not to users.

9. imlkrsfn

imlkrsfn
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

It's open again as of yesterday, 100 spots left.
    http://tvtorrentz.org/signup.php

If you can't figure out the correct answers, pm me your answers and I'll let you know which is incorrect.

10. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It has been years since I used DC++ but it is the same with pretty much every P2P. You need to configure port forwarding on your router to match the ports used by DC++. Google can help you with this if you need specific instructions. "DC++ ports" "Router XX Port forwarding"

11. rezy

rezy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

If you want to just stream on megavideo instead of dling just use firefox and download the plug in called illimitux it takes away all of the viewing limits. Just google it and it will come up first.

12. clkx88

clkx88
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

If anyone has an invite to a good site for music, I have one that specializes in movies, TV shows, and video games. Ratio: 1.194 Uploaded: 289.03 GB Downloaded: 242.10 GB. Will give the site out in PM.

13. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I'm looking to download a rather well known piece of audio software because I'm sick of my current solution, and for some reason can't remember the name of the tracker that specializes in audio software right now. I know I almost signed up for it very recently but decided to not bother because it was probably a waste of time, but after checking out Demonoid I can't find a torrent. I'm not going to download this on some shitty public tracker either, so if anyone has any information as to what the hell this tracker is that'd be great.

14. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alright, I found both of them and at the same time was repped with both of them. They're Pro Audio Torrents and Audionews.ru. Does anyone have any invites to either of these? ProAudio has been saying that new signups will be "the first of next year," which has come and gone.

15. jockel

jockel
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

If anyone knows where one can obtain Friday Night Lights episodes it would be greatly appreciated. EZTV seems to have fallen behind on that show.

16. black napkins

black napkins
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

17. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Ok, I have never really downloaded anything at all, so I have no clue what I'm doing.

I want to download some movies and T.V. shows to watch, but I have no idea where to start, and I'm nervous about getting viruses on my fairly new computer.

So what are some good sites to use, so I can figure out what the hell I'm doing and not ruin my computer in the process. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

18. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not sure where it's best to put this as it's not exactly downloading. I'm looking to watch the first couple of seasons of Mad Men online. I'm on a mac, so I'm not too concerned about contracting anything from sites. I'm mainly just looking for a couple of good streaming sites.

I typically go to fast pass tv, but they usually only have the current or latest season of a show. Maybe a few episodes prior. I also have gone to surf the channel. I can usually find anything and everything there. Problem is that most of their good links are to Megavideo and they have a 54 minute limit and I don't want to subscribe to get more than that.

So if anybody knows of some good streaming sites that have past seasons of shows easily streamable, please PM me. Thanks.

19. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I use Transmission as my client.

For torrents I mostly use either Pirate Bay or ISOhunt.

20. goodfornothing

goodfornothing
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I got a invite for Broadcastthenet and several for DigitalHive. Broadcastthenet is only TV while DigitalHive is a general tracker that is good for TV and movies. If you won't act like a shithead on the site then PM me and I'll send you an invite.