Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Downloading

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by E. Tuffmen, Oct 19, 2009.

1. spoons

spoons
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Demonoid is down at the moment, so invites will not be happening for a bit. A great site for music is coda.fm. You won't necessarily find a lot of obscure stuff but the download times are fantastic and its a nice, clean easy to use site.

2. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a few waffles invites if people are interested. I'm not going to be like "OH FIRST ONE TO PM ME GETS IT" but if you think you could really use one, and aren't a leech, I do have three invites I can part with, just PM me and I'll see what I can do.

3. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I use rapidshare and warezqueens.com.

Rapidshare is nice and fast without dealing with torrents and a 3 month subscription costs about what you'd pay for a new DVD, and warezqueens is a pretty decent site for music and movies.

4. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm looking to expand my Hawaiian/Jawaiian/Reggae folder, and I'm specifically looking for some songs by the artist "Ekolu" and have had absolutely shit luck finding anything. Could anyone assist in finding me some of their albums?

Thanks in advance!

5. ksp

ksp
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I can find an album called Ekolu Music.

http://www.albumhunt.com/download-Ekolu-Ekolu_Music-55557-freemp3album

6. Pete Mitchell

Pete Mitchell
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

7. carl24

carl24
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I use lastfm and allmusic to learn about new bands, and use soulseek to download them. Because SS has proven to be the best p2p in regards to finding rare music. It is easy and simple.

8. ksp

ksp
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Just throwing it out there that I have a big stack of demonoid invites if anyone wants them, haven't been going around there anymore so feel free to pm me to ask for some.

9. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I found the file on limewire in about 8 seconds. I'll put that up on Rapidshare and PM you the link.

10. imlkrsfn

imlkrsfn
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

11. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone know the name of the website that you can order parts for the Wii that let's you play games that you burn yourself from torrents? Someone told me about it but I didn't get the chance to write it down.

12. sunny jim

sunny jim
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

http://tvshack.net/
    I'm not great with this stuff, so TV Shack might be considered old and or crap?
    Anyway, it works for direct viewing of movies and TV, and it works in Europe which many online players don't.

13. Xeult

Xeult
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

http://beemp3.com

Absolutely shit site, when it comes to less known music, but if you're desperate, I guess this will do.

14. brendan

brendan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Man, I could not get all of these questions right to save my life, and consequently am being denied access.

I must have read through their important info 20 times, and still can't do it. Anyone feel like helping me out? I gotta get on there and download all of my favorite Star Trek TNG episodes.

15. Spacesatan

Spacesatan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

For getting single songs, my latest method of choice is using the program found here:

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-to-MP3-Converter.htm

and then finding the song on Youtube. An easy way to get live recordings, covers, and individual tracks quickly. I've found a bunch of awesome funk recently just by clicking around through related videos. I've seen that Listentoyoutube site, which requires you to manually enter the url, click, download, etc. With this, you can cut and paste a whole list of urls into the program, and set it to work while you masturbate or whatever.

16. Maxi

Maxi
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

BitMeTV, IPT, SDBits available, prove to me you know what you're doing.

17. ILikePie

ILikePie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Not really. The problem is most people are fucking dipshits and end up either end up abusing the account or never using it and get subsequently disabled.

This is why I stopped giving out invites despite having unlimited on certain trackers.

18. theking23

theking23
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Looks like new signups are closed now.

19. Limes

Limes
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I signed up with Usenext a long time ago and have downloaded tons of stuff from there. It seems to work really well but I've been a bit paranoid ever since joining because I know they don't have the best reputation. Does anybody else have experience with them?

20. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I highly recommend the use of Rapidshare + warez-bb. As in, paying for the full-service Rapidshare and enjoying the many HDTV/HQ fruits of that 60$ 6-month subscription.

It beats the hell out of bittorrents, which are blocked or throttled by most ISPs now. Rapidshare is http, just like using the normal internet and downloading normal files.