Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Double Down. Bitch.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scotchcrotch, May 5, 2010.

1. Slambrarian

Slambrarian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Wendy's Premium Fish Fillet - it's called premium for a reason - as far as chain fast food fish sandwiches go - it's pretty much the best.

[​IMG]

People it's panko crusted and that equals fancy.

2. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched a youtube video of a fat guy eating and giving his opinion of a Double Down. The imagery and his disgust were enough to persuade me that it's not something I want to try.

As a traveler I have to rank the US fast food joints in the following order:

1. In-N-Out. It's just so fucking good and the ingredients really are quality. So much so that you don't feel as guilty eating their "fast food"

2. Culvers . The midwest version of In-N-Out as far as I'm concerned. Huge menu, freshly made, and they have a fucking ButterBurger which involves cooking it in butter and then serving it on a buttered bun. No wonder everyone is fat in the Midwest.

3. Five Guys Burgers and Fries. It's good, it's customized, it's fresh, but it just isn't In-N-Out, though I think their fries are better.

Honorable mentions... Cook Out, A&W, and Sonic.

3. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've eased up recently, but at one point fast food was probably over 50% of my diet when sober, and 90% when drunk. I don't fuck around with my fast food.

Two things I almost always do when when eating fast food burgers: put fries inside the burger itself and squirt some mayonnaise/McMchicken sauce on there too (Sorry Crown).

When McDonalds had the $1.99 Big Mac deal going on, I got one, a McChicken, took the middle bun out of the Big Mac and essentially had a McGangBang XL. Tasted amazing after a night in the beer gardens at the Cloverdale Rodeo.

I've seen a lot of hate for the Baconator from so-called bacon lovers, claiming that the burger is just too ridiculous. Well ya, that's why you get lettuce and tomato added onto it. It now resembles a regular burger, the taste is back to the intended homeostasis and all is right in the world.

Wendy's is great for customizing burgers. I've gotten the following:
    - Big Bacon Classic with an extra patty - similar to the Baconator with lettuce and tomato added
    - Classic Triple with an extra patty - my chest hurt after eating this
    - Baconator with an extra patty added - see above
    - Crispy Chicken sandwich with a beef patty, bacon and cheese all added together - this blend of flavors is just downright amazing

Seeing these ads for the new Supreme Sirloin Burger at A&W makes me wonder how they didn't think of this before. I'd been ordering onion rings with my burgers from there for years, with the sole purpose of putting them into my burger. I don't even like onion rings all that much on their own, but they are fucking amazing when you throw them onto a Mozza (or Double Mozza) Burger.

4. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

And another thing, why don't WE have this shit down here? WTF McButtheads?
    [​IMG]
    That's the second person to mention this A&W Mozza burger. What is it? I even checked the website and it's not there. If this is another thing we don't get because of the location I'm gonna be pissed.

5. Roundhouse

Roundhouse
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

There is a KFC not far from where I work, and should I be on the same lunch break as two certain colleagues we will go for a walk and visit a few shops to seek out interesting films. Occasionally we stop by the KFC and every time, we leave feeling rather queasy and wondering why on Earth we thought it a good idea to purchase KFC Big Buckets. I rarely, if ever consume fast food. The recent KFC Big Bucket experiences have left my already low opinion of fast food in tatters. As for the Big Bucket and other ludicrous, "Just slap everything together" foods, Patton Oswalt said it best.

#25 Roundhouse, May 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  6. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Firstly, McChicken sauce is fucking amazing on fries, burgers, anything. Some McDonalds bogart that shit like there's no tomorrow. You gotta hassle them if you want more then one packet. And even worse, some places charge you like 50 cents a pack or something.

And in reference to the Mozza Burger:
    http://www.aw.ca/foodfacts.nsf/NutrientsByRef/BFEB043EAE92A6BF88256DF00075AE5D?opendocument
    Burger with Mozza Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Bacon and Mozza Sauce. If they had Mozza sauce in packets like McChicken sauce, A&W would probably overtake McD's in popularity. It might only be spoiled Mayonnaise or Thousand Island Dressing, but when you put it on that burger with those ingredients, by god is it ever delicious.

7. JohnQ

JohnQ
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

While I like Five Guys better than all of the previously mentioned places, including in-n-out, I just don't consider it fast food. Not sure if its the lack of a drive-thru window(at least not on any I've seen), but I don't consider them in the same league as the others.

8. villagebicycle

villagebicycle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

A friend of mine is a McChurger connoisseur. It's a McDouble with 6 chicken nugs crammed on the inside. Sometimes, it is topped with bbq sauce and fries.

Personally, though I've only eaten In n Out twice in my life, I consider it up there with five guys and some cheap local places around here. Mere mortals aren't worthy of such flavorful morsels.

9. Lasersailor

Lasersailor
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I don't understand how people say they actually like 5 Guys. The fries are good, but the Burgers are painfully greasy. And I mean painful in the literal sense. The first time I ate there I had such digestive pain that I considered taking a knife to my stomach to forcefully remove the pain. Luckily enough, I had accidentally left my swiss army knife at home.

Thinking it maybe a fluke, I have repeated the performance every single time.

As for real Fast Food, I must refer you to Jimmy John's Hotdogs. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.jimmyjohns1940.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.jimmyjohns1940.com/</a>

Unfortunately, the gods hath divined that the current population isn't worth this Godly Love, and lit it on fire Sunday Morning. It'll reopen when the True Being determines we are holy again.

10. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's a place on Ohio State's campus called PJ's Grill, and it's motto is "home of the drunks." This place is a mecca for crazy sandwhich concoctions. The sandwich I would always get is called the Fat Moon, and it is chicken fingers, bacon, egg, cheese, and french fries served on a hogie roll. They also will beer here at all hours. I can't even count how many times the end of the night consisted of going there to get natty light and a sandwich.

Here's their menu, scroll down to the "PJ's Special Fat Sandwiches" Section for the truly greasy goodness.
    http://www.allmenus.com/oh/columbus/18944-pjs/menu/

11. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is an IN-N-OUT about 1 mile from my house, it is always busy, always I hate waiting in lines so I have to go at very odd hours if I want it, but no matter what there is always a line.

What makes them good is they don't do a lot but what they do they do it good.

The frys are made from fresh potatoes right before your eyes, yes they peel them and put them in the fry maker and pull the handle by hand and into hot grease.

Oh, atkins diet you say? How about a 3x3 protein style (that is no bun, using lettuce instead and 3 patties and 3 slices of cheese and sauce)

There is a whole secret menu that In-n-out has, google it and enjoy.

12. Gainesvegas

Gainesvegas
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Chick-Fil-A. If you live in Atlanta, hit up one of their Dwarf Houses which has a diner style menu on top of the regular options. Their steak burgers are better than Steak-and-Shakes.

Conversation over.

13. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any place that will charge you for extra condiments can suck a fart out of my ass. Seriously, charging me 25-50 cents for an extra slice of tomato or onions?!
    FUCK YOU.
    Where is all the money going, you assholes? I can go to the grocery store and buy a WHOLE tomato or onion for that price!
    If they are going to pull that kind of tightwad bullshit, why not give me a discount for the ingredients that I ask you to leave off? I always leave out pickles and sauces*, so shouldn't I pay a few cents less?
    Jesus H. Christ, just thinking about this makes me want to violently rob some fast food joints.
    Whataburger does not do this.
    However, Whataburger doesn't have a dollar menu, so when I'm broke I have to go somewhere else.

*Pickles are Satan's turds, mayonaise is his cum, mustard is his snot, and I just don't like ketchup in sandwiches. So far I haven't found a fast food joint yet that has decent (Read:actually HOT) hot sauce.

14. klky

klky
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I've had the double down, a couple of my friends had been obsessed with trying it and I got dragged along. I could only have one bite, though, due to the salt. That thing has fried chicken, bacon, and sauce and all I could taste was salt. My friends seemed pretty happy with it though.

I'm a big fan of 5 Guys. It can sometimes be a little greasy, but when I really want a cheeseburger, I usually want a bit of grease. I also really like Bojangle's. It's a fried chicken place with awesome biscuits. The fried chicken is also pretty spicy, which I love.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Harvey's in Canada is pretty decent fast food (but I think it's going under). You can have as many toppings of anything that you want (not including bacon and cheese), and the burgers have an amazing quality taste. The big negative: Limited menu, the fries suck and the only thing the onion rings are good for are for throwing at the retarded kid across the room.

16. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Carl's Jr. (besides Ballsack).

I don't care if I just ate a meal, if I see a Carl's Jr., I am stopping, for the burger shown above. I get it without lettuce and tomato, and it's one of the few fast food burgers (beside Dairy Queen's jalitos burger) that I find remotely spicy.

17. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also in Canada (specifically, Ontario): Lick's and Hero Burger make damn fine burgers. A bit more expensive than normal, but by god are they good. I mean, you can ask for three different kinds of cheese with Hero, and none of them are processed.

18. buckeyemaniac

buckeyemaniac
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I second this... can't count the number of times I drunkenly ordered the most absurd sandwiches.

As for the In-n-Out vs. Five Guys debate, when I went to California a couple summers ago and had In-n-Out there, I thought it was the best thing ever... until they opened a Five Guys in Columbus. A little on the pricey side, although the taste (and obscene amount of fries) is second to none among burger joints.

19. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I agree with everyone who has said that 5 Guys is great. I had it back when it was a DC-area only place, and I was really happy to see it in Denver when I moved out here last year. Their food is consistently great, but I always feel myself wishing there were a few more options on the menu, such as shakes or onion rings or even just nacho cheese for the fries. Because really, if you're going to eat a greasy, fatty meal, why not go all the way.
    There's a place I've only seen in Denver, but I'm pretty sure is in other locations, and that place is Smashburger. Like 5 Guys, its not a drive-thru place, but someplace that is pretty quick with a good burger. I like Smashburger more than 5 Guys because I think their burger is better, but also because they have the variety I want. If you want a fried egg on your burger, they'll do it. If you want fried pickles, fried japalenos, or sweet potato fries, they got them. If you want a chicken sandwich instead of a burger, they got them. There is just enough variety to satisfy, without them spreading themselves too thin and not making anything good. Yes, you're getting a greasy burger, but its a well-made greasy burger with any options that you could desire.

20. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Anyone ever eaten at a Jimmy Johns sandwich shop? I worked at one for over a year and still eat it. Just deli meat type stuff but god damn if it isn't good.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.jimmyjohns.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.jimmyjohns.com/</a>