Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dooooooooooooooonuts.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jun 9, 2010.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

[​IMG]
    There's also video of an after practice press conference here.

This is just too good. So they were drunk at 3am, smelled maple bars and found the aroma to be so irresistible they snuck in, took some and the keys, in case they wanted more and the doors were actually locked. Good thinking. I'm thinking Golden isn't so Golden right about now. PonyBoy would be sorely disappointed.

FOCUS: I'm not really sure where to take this. Talk about his dipshit maneuver. Talk about what stupid things you've done while drunk/stoned or whatever all in the name of food. Did the smell or thought of Sonic make you exit a freeway at 2am only to realize it's closed and proceed to be pulled over and popped with a DUII?*

Didn't happen to me but it's a true story.

2. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Personally, I thought this quote was the best:

From the linked article:

3. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Again the stupidity of some of these professional athletes continue to boggle my mind. I wonder if I broke into a Burgerking and made myself a couple of Bacon cheeseburgers if I would only be issued a "trespass warning." I doubt it.

Those of you on the East Coast in PA and NJ are familiar with WaWa's. They are the most amazing and convenient stores you have ever encountered. They are like a 7-11 or Sheetz but on steroids. They sell gas, snacks, MTO's (made to order sandwiches) and are usually open 24 hours.

Anyway back in the hay day when I was a badass my friends and I went through quite a bit of Kodiak wintergreen chewing tobacco. ( mmmmmm......sweet, sweet dip) Anyway WaWa used to keep all the Chew in a large container right on the counter. All the different brands, from Skoal to Redman were in a huge dispenser by the register.

After knocking back a fifth of Jack Daniels (fine sippin whiskey) and about a quarter of swag (the finest get down brown weed) we didn't have "kind bud" in 1993 my buddy Chris ran out of dip. I also was low so we all acknowledged that we were in need, we all also noticed we were broke. So we came up with a quick plan of me asking the cashier to open the locked medicine chest while Chris swiped us three tins of chew.

While I was busy asking the cashier the difference of Aleeve and Tylenol (isn't aleeve for periods) I looked over and noticed Chris had picked up the entire unit. This thing was as big as a mini-fridge and had to weigh about sixty pounds. I continued to sputter nonsense at the cashier until I saw them drive away (WaWa was close enough for me to walk) to this day I still can't believe we pulled that off. That cashier HAD to have gotten fired.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Boy, I could write pages and pages about this . . .

Here's 2 quickies from drunken college days:

- My buddies and I would go into the all-night convenience store together. One of us would distract the clerk, while the others would eat the hot dogs right off the spinning rack things. (Bonus points when you got away with chili.)

- Late one night, a McDonald's delivery truck was unloading in their parking lot. We stole a case of frozen french fries, proceeded to stumble back with them to my apartment, and tried to bake them in my oven. For some reason, we thought they would taste better with month old wing sauce baked onto them. They did not.

5. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know what to say about that. I'm just laughing at how ridiculous and 90's sitcom-y that sounds. Nicely done.

FOCUS: I was with a group of friends in Calgary years ago. We'd just seen a couple of shows that night and were bombing around the city and bar-hopping while our car was parked at some parkade in the city center where you pay as you exit at the gate. So after a night of hard drinking we pile back into the car and fire up the pipe, and while our DD is still sober, he's now thoroughly baked.

Anyways, we're behind a pair of cars paying at the exit when I spot a pizza place that looks about a block down the street, so I start shouting about pizza and try to get everyone riled up. Well, it worked. It worked so well that the DD tried to go around the two cars that were ahead of us and squeeze through the tight spot between the gate and the wall...at top speed. He misjudged the gap by at least two feet, busted through the gate and tore it clean off the fucking thing, and flew out into the street while we could hear the guy worked at the parkade yelling at us for not paying. Amongst a chorus line of asking him what the fuck he was doing, we hear sirens in the background. Apparently we'd cut off a cop while smashing through the electric gate.

DD racked up some impressive fines, and lost his license for a year. The rest of us spent the night in the drunk tank. We didn't even get any fucking pizza!

6. JoshP

JoshP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My roomate spent $100 on cab fare because we HAD to get Taco Bell after the bars. The only Taco Bell open was the oppisite direction we were going...and the only one open after the bars. So there was a huge line in the drive thru and we had to wait for our food.

My roommate in I tried to take a Pedi-Cab through a J-Box drive thru after the bars, when they would not allow it, we jumped out and paid the people $5 in the car behind us so we could ride with them and order.

EDIT: On both occasions the "dining room" was closed and only the drive thru was open since it was like 2:30am

7. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would have to say heaving a 5gallon water jug at the vending machine in the dorm game room to break it open would have to be the topper.

I just wanted my Mike n Ikes.

8. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Being from Seattle is kind of a mixed bag as far as sports go. I've been a fan of Notre Dame football for as long as I can remember, and I was really looking forward to watching Golden play this year. I'd be willing to bet that he somehow makes money from this in donut promos. "Golden's donuts"
    What an embarassing thing to have to put up with at work. Just watch, everytime someone shows up with donuts at a jobsite, someone's gonna make a crack about maple bars. (Which happen to be delicious.). He's still young and if that's the worst he ever does, crime-wise, in his NFL career? He'll still be one of the few players without felony charges.

The dumbest thing that I ever did drunk was re-open a restaurant at 4AM. In my opinion, nothing tastes better on the planet than Oso Bucco. Maybe pancetta or proscuitto...

9. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't tell you how many guys (mostly college age) I've met in AA who got a DWI/DUI in the drive-thru at a fast food joint in the wee hours.

One personal memory that stands out was a night in New Orleans, stopping at Krystal Burger on the way back to the hotel and, for some reason, thought 4 dozen burgers would hit the spot, and I was right. 2 dozen before passing out, and 2 dozen for breakfast.

10. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I suppose this isn't exactly food related, but I did verbally harass a McD's drive through employee at 3 am on St. Patrick's Day because they ran out of Shamrock Shakes. It was one of those all-night drive-thrus, so I'm assuming she's used to it.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Back during my sophomore year of college my roommate and I had a bad streak of stealing other peoples orders while in line at Jimmy Johns. Their motto "So fast you'll freak!" usually means you aren't through the line entirely and too drunk to notice when we'd nab finished orders. The place was usually packed late night from people leaving the bars.

The most memorable time, as well as the last as I grew tired of Jimmy Johns, was when I went with two black friends of mine. I hadn't told them of my usual drunken scheme. They ordered and I waited at the end. I grabbed one from a person a few people ahead of them and waited for them to get theirs. As we turned to leave the customer stops me and tells me that he thought I grabbed his order. My friend answered before I could simply saying, "No he didn't." They then both starred the kid down, both imposing ghetto ass black dudes, for a few seconds as he looked like a deer in the headlights. He muttered sorry and we left.

edit: Ow yeah, I also flipped my friends truck and was charged with a DUI after I volunteered to drive from the bar to a local late night food spot. The bar was literally right around the block from my house, less than 50 yards, but I drove 3 or 4 miles out of the way so they could get some chili. Doh!

12. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I dunno, if it were one of these I may have a better understanding of the "why he did it" part.
    [​IMG]

SGEDIT: My mouth is watering. I'm not the only one......AM I?

13. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I suddenly feel the urge to check Priceline for tickets to Seattle.

SGEDIT: They didn't have bacon on them. Just an example as to why I'd understand it better if they had.

14. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WOW!! They really have bacon on them?? I have never heard of this place nor of this snack, but I think I have a hard on!

SGEDIT: No. They didn't.

15. JoshP

JoshP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland OR makes em bomb.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://voodoodoughnut.com/menu.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://voodoodoughnut.com/menu.php</a>

It would be understandable to break in there.

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Seems to me you could just go get regular maple bars, fry up some bacon, nuke the maple bar for a few seconds and then top it with some bacon.

My lunch is just not working for me today. I blame myself, since I posted the pic.

17. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nothing says failure like being Seattle sports. I'm going to hang myself now.

This wasn't me, but while sitting in a Taco Bell drive thru, I saw a drunk pantomime being on a motorcycle as he pulled up to the window. He did a vroom vroom and everything. He got his food.

18. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Once while we were exhibiting at a trade show in Indianapolis I went out to a strip club with some reps and got absolutely polluted.

At the end of the night I thought I knew better than them and insisted on going left out of the club instead of right. It became clear but not that clear to me that I was lost so I focused on the only landmark I knew. The Omni Hotel sign. The quickest route is always a straight line so that's what I decided to do.

Across parking lots, over roads, through other hotels (including their kitchens) until I somehow managed to get myself within two blocks of the place (after climbing through some bushes on surrounding a pool area at another hotel). As I illegally crossed the street a cop lit up his lights and pulled over next to me.

He asked if I was lost, I said, "No, I'm going right THERE!", while pointing up at the Omni sign. Then he asked if I had cut through any properties, I said yes. He understood and allowed me to hold onto his side mirror as he slowly drove me to the front door.

Midwesterner folks as so nice.

19. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Rip Torn still has what I consider to be the best "drunk story" ever.

He broke into a bank while drunk. Armed. Because he thought it was his house. He even left his hat and boots at the front door after breaking in.

[​IMG]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbc.ca/arts/film/story/2010/05/25/rip-torn-charges.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbc.ca/arts/film/story/2010/ ... arges.html</a>