Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Don't Throw The baby out with the bathwater

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike Ness, May 27, 2010.

1. Drake

Drake
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

"That'll go over like a fart in church."

When having to deal with a disagreeable person, anything you say or do will go over like a fart in church.

"Colder than a witches tit in a brass bra."

Yeah, that cold.

"Sweating like a stuck pig."

Pigs apparently know when they about to go to slaughter, and they sweat (or so I'm told). When it's hot out, I sweat like a stuck pig.

2. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"More confusing than Father's Day in Harlem."

3. EarthExile

EarthExile
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

"Jumped the Shark" is a reference to the moment a show stops being good, based on the famously crappy episode of Happy Days where the Fonz jumps over a shark on water skis.

It's being replaced in many circles by a phrase much more relevant and fun to say. Guess which movie "Nuked the Fridge" might be a reference to?

4. no use for a name

no use for a name
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Riding Shotgun. I've always figured this comes from the fact that a lot of police officers literally have a shotgun in the front seat of their cruiser. There's a vertical shotgun rack up there. Although none of my friends can come up with a better explanation from this term's origin, none of them think that's where it comes from. That's got to be it, right?

My buddy has a million of these little sayings. Here's a couple that he's been saying recently. On sex: "Banging her like a screen door in a hurricane." Or "Licking that like a cat licks cream." On drinking/getting fucked up: "You're fucked up like my checkbook." Or "You're a dumpster fire."

5. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it originated from the days of the stage coach.

6. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm pretty sure it comes from the days when people used to ride wagons across America like in Westerns. One guy would hold the horses reigns and the other would hold a shotgun in case bandits came.

7. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

"Straighten up and fly right." Nice way of saying, "Hey! Get your head out of your ass and behave."

"She cut off her nose just to spite her face." Basically totally screwing yourself over in the process of screwing someone else.

8. no use for a name

no use for a name
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yea, the wagon/stage coach makes sense for shotgun.

I thought of a few more from guys that I work with that are pretty funny:

"I'd drink a quart of her piss to see where it came from." My favorite.

"I played in her guts." For fucking a girl. Pretty obvious.

"She's built like a brick shit house." One of the guys always uses this to describe hot chicks. I guess brick shit houses must be much nicer than plastic porter potties or something. Either way I always chuckle when he says it.

"We're not fucking painting Cadillacs." My company paints Navy ships, including the various tanks on the ship. Tanks need to be painted for corrosion purposes, not aesthetic reasons. So this line is used a lot when somebody takes issue with the appearance of a tank's paint job, especially when the paint job passes the overly excessive amount of technical tests it must go through.

9. Spoz

Spoz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Wow, in Australia it means the exact opposite - someone who is well built (as in, bodybuilder) or really fat. The two interpretations are interesting; ours seems obvious (to me at least) but yours, according to urbandictionary, stems from the fact that brick shithouses are built to a level of quality surpassing their requirements.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Brick Shithouse means that someone spent a lot of extra time/effort to go way above what was required for the project.

A big, musclebound guy would be considered a brick shithouse, as would a smoking hot, big-tittied babe.

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The expression comes from the fact that shithouses would have to be built and rebuilt many times as the hole was moved (cause eventually you fill it up). Anyone who bothered to build a shithouse out of brick was someone who put a great deal of effort into doing jobs right. The expression "built like a brick shithouse" implies that something is sturdy beyond what is required for the job, and in general evolved to be a positive description of the way something was built. Applying it to women is a bit of a jump, but if you take it in the spirit of "built right" instead of more literally "built large and sturdy" it holds.

12. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Busier than a one armed Iraqi taxi driver with crabs.

13. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Wish in one hand, shit in the other and see which fills up faster.

My old boss used to lay this one out whenever we would talk about having fancy cars, leaving work early etc.

14. IAmWillIAm

IAmWillIAm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I was riding the bus one time late at night, when this old black guy in a walker got on the bus. It was around 1 or 2 in the morning, so the old man asked the bus driver, "Guess this is the last long boat to China, huh?" The driver was a FOB Chinese guy, took offence, and kicked the old man off for being racist.

15. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We use heaps of them at work some of them are old while some are newer.

The pot calling the kettle black.
    The balls calling the ass hairy.
    Busier than a one armed bricklayer in baghdad.
    As handy as cancer.
    As gay as a backpack full of rainbows.
    As gay as a ten man daisy chain.
    As fun as apple bobbing in a barrel of needles.
    Sweating like a rock spider at a wiggles concert.
    We're not here to fuck spiders.

Off the top of my head those are the ones I can think of the moment.

16. eric

eric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Putting lipstick on a pig Trying to apply a superficial, cosmetic fix to an ugly situation or design. I thought this one was pretty common, but the new kids always chuckle when I say it in reference to a design.

Three sheets to the wind My favorite euphemism for being drunk, as in "That guy is three sheets to the wind"

17. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is really interesting, because in Maine the saying applies to butch, tomboy type girls who are broad and strong and who you wouldn't want to fight. I've never once heard it applied to hot girls.