Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dominion

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by scootah, Jul 29, 2014.

1. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Has anybody else been watching this? It's a Syfy original and a follow on from the hit and miss Scott Stewart movie Legion. It's a post apocalyptic drama set in a modern rome built in the ruins of Las Vegas - with the twist being that the apocalypse was God leaving and an army of Angels descending to earth to possess human bodies.

Legion was dicey. There were parts of it that I loved, but as a whole, it felt like it kind of missed. But the moments of brilliance seem to be what really carried over into the series, and the post apocalyptic Rome and the imagery of a modern Rome set in the ruins of Las Vegas is really working for me. The costuming and effects are really nicely done. The cast is also solid - although Anthony Head (Giles from Buffy) with an american accent is weird. And his accent feels like it slips between Texas and California a bit.

The central premise is about the child who was saved in Legion coming to his destiny as an adult. At the start of the series, his identity is unknown - to him as well. The exploration of the theme of what would it be like to find out that you're basically Jesus when yesterday you were basically just another dude? And the ideas around social justice and the interactions of power are really interesting.

#1 scootah, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been watching since it came out and it's growing on me quite nicely. I've been enjoying the different little subsets of people playing each other off behind one another a lot and it's going to be interesting to see where the story arcs of the main families go and if Helena has a bigger part to play or not.