Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Do you want to split a Toblerone? Yeah...I think I do.

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by scotchcrotch, Jul 3, 2010.

1. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My wife went to a New Kids on the Block reunion concert the other day, I felt sorry for her.

Color Me Badd was a superior boy band in every way. Not only were they slightly older than all other boy bands, their lyrics explicitly stated what I wanted to do to my girl at the time.

I'm surprised they didn't have a hit song "I'll fuck you in the ass".

Focus Boy Bands

2. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

When I was single and I'd meet a new woman, if I found out that she was still a New Kids on the Block fan, I would take that as a very clear sign that I should call it a day and stay away from her. A 30-year-old woman who still adores the New Kids on the Block is the same kind of 30-year-old woman who is enthralled by the Twilight books and movies.

Pass.

3. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got linked to a "best of the late 90s" compilation on youtube. How boybands exist, and can pass for music is beyond me. I understand marketability but don't these guys, and their producers, have no shame?

#3 Supertramp, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know whether they count, but when I was 13 years old, I used to watch a television show featuring the S Club 7. Now, I would immediately change the channel whenever they started singing, but goddamn were their four British women hot. All in their early twenties, with their weird accents, cheerful on-camera personalities, and obvious lack of talent.

<a class="postlink" href="http://images.absolutenow.com/poster/S_Club_7/10039446.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://images.absolutenow.com/poster/S_ ... 039446.jpg</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/6173/Rachel-Stevens_NightAndDay031130-02-GS.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/6173 ... -02-GS.jpg</a>

5. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like a hot version of the Spice Girls.

6. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Ex-CU-se me? Are you saying that this:

isn't, like, the hottest, toughest thing you've ever seen? It's not about bein' soft, it's about bein' smaaaaht...SUCKAS!

In all seriousness, I never saw the attraction. It's a testament to just how insubstantial and talentless all these "bands" really are that their songs never get replayed on radio or music television. They were of the moment and disposable, and once their fan base cleared puberty they were forgotten.

EDIT: Here's a deep question: why is one of them washing his dog in junkyard bathtub, while all the rest are in some kind of gang war at the subway station?

#6 Dcc001, Jul 3, 2010
  7. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well... I didn't watch the video, but... Yes. Yes, I'm saying that it is not the hottest, toughest thing that I have ever seen.

8. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Well, clearly you need some education. Here's another ear-bleeding gem:

Just think...one of those guys was fucking Jessica Simpson, back when she looked like this.

#8 Dcc001, Jul 3, 2010
  9. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

New Edition was the 80s version of the Jackson 5.

My 6th grade year, our class went on a week long trip to Land Between the Lakes and stayed in cabins. One night, one of the boy cabins decided to serenade our girl cabin with a New Edition song, and then my cabin returned the favor with a serenade to them of another New Edition song. They were probably hoping we'd return the favor with sex. For all I know, someone did.

#9 Currer Bell, Jul 4, 2010
  10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I have the worst one of all: B4-4, a Canadian boy band from the late 90's. They are without a doubt the scariest/creepiest looking douchebags on the entire planet. This song it so sugary and soul-free it will make you want to kill your entire family. WORST. EVER. This video is now going viral because of its accidental hilarity. You simply cannot top this. Don't say I didn't warn you...

#10 Crown Royal, Jul 7, 2010